An Italian New Year With The Countess Luppis
For a truly special start to 2021, you are invited to see in the New Year with the Countess Luppis in her home, an elegant boutique hotel in northern Italy. This promises to be a truly unforgettable experience with sightseeing trips to Treviso, Venice and Portogruaro also included.
For a truly special start to 2021, you are invited to see in the New Year with the Countess Luppis in her home, an elegant boutique hotel in northern Italy.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 6 nights in a 4-star boutique hotel which is home to the Countess Luppis
- 12 meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners including a New Year's Eve gala dinner with drinks and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guides
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Welcome meeting with the Countess Luppis introducing her family history
- Treviso visit
- Tour the floating city of Venice
- Discover historic Portogruaro
- Enjoy cappuccino, warm doughnuts and croissants at midnight on New Year's Eve
- Take part in a treasure hunt around the property on New Year's Day
- Complimentary daily spa entry
- Dine on original and creative cuisine inspired by tradition and local produce, served in different settings
- Live music evening
- Day 1 UK - Venice
- You'll fly to Venice today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your elegant boutique hotel in Pasiano di Pordenone, in the north of Italy. This is the residence of the Countess Luppis, and you'll be personally greeted by the countess, who will welcome you into her home.
After you've settled into your room, join your fellow travellers for a welcome drink before dinner. Each evening you will dine in the sumptuous surroundings of the hotel's restaurant, enjoying cuisine created using traditional cooking methods and fresh local produce.
- Day 2 Treviso
- This morning we're going to discover the wonderful historic town of Treviso on a guided walking tour. At its heart, pretty canals weave their way through a walled city of twisting cobbled streets, and many of the town's churches are adorned with colourful frescoes. Piazza dei Signori, is a great place to relax and take in the sights over coffee or maybe some lunch during free time.
- Day 3 Pasiano di Pordenone - at Leisure
- Today you can relax at your hotel or join an optional trip to Padua. The city is known as the setting for Shakespeare's comedy The Taming of the Shrew and is thought to be the oldest in northern Italy. On our guided tour we'll see highlights including the 13th century Basilica of St Anthony, a place of pilgrimage for generations.
- Day 4 Venice
- Today we're going to head to the extraordinary floating city of Venice for a guided tour. We'll see famous landmarks, starting in St Mark's Square, which is dominated by the Church of St Mark and is Venice's focal point. We'll also see the magnificent Doge's Palace and cross the Rialto Bridge, which spans the Grand Canal, where we can watch gondolas glide beneath us. The city is a mesmerising sight at any time of the year, but it is even more magical when it is illuminated by festive sparkling lights.
We'll also see the city from the water as we board a boat and take in some of these incredible sights as we cruise the famous canals.
- Day 5 New Year's Eve, Portogruaro
- This morning, join our included excursion to Portogruaro, a small medieval town nestled in the eastern corner of Veneto. Connected by channels to the Venetian Lagoon, it boasts an historic centre reached via a trio of well-preserved city gates. Admire many palaces dating from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, and marvel at the lean of its cathedral's bell tower, which gives Pisa a run for its money.
We'll return to the hotel this afternoon, giving you plenty of time to get ready for this evening's New Year gala dinner, which includes live music. At midnight, you are invited to enjoy a cappuccino served with warm croissants and doughnuts.
- Day 6 New Year's Day, Pasiano di Pordenone - at Leisure
- After last night's New Year's Eve celebration, you can enjoy today at leisure. Take a late breakfast, or maybe you'll head to the spa for some relaxation. If you're feeling energetic you can spend some time in the gym or take a stroll amongst the hotel's beautiful grounds. This afternoon, the entertainment comes in the form of a treasure hunt around the property - a great way to explore your surroundings.
- Day 7 Venice - UK
- After breakfast, the Countess Luppis will bid us farewell as we transfer to Venice for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Villa Luppis
- The Hotel Villa Luppis is located in 12 acres of gardens between the regions of Veneto and Friuli. This elegant boutique hotel in the style of a country house, was formerly a Benedictine monastery, and is owned by and home to Countess Luppis. Facilities include a gourmet restaurant, piano bar, swimming pool, tennis court and gym. Guest rooms feature private facilities, hairdryer, air-conditioning, mini-bar and period furnishings.
- Guided tour of Padua