An Invitation To Cambodia, Laos & Thailand
Your adventure begins as you explore the incredible temples of Angkor in Siem Reap. You'll also visit Chansar, a village supported by our Travelsphere Cares scheme, where you'll see how work is progressing on the building of a kindergarten. More highlights here include a ride on an ox cart and visits to the home of a khmer family and a Buddhist temple, where you'll receive a blessing. A floating village near Tonle Sap Lake is your final destination in Cambodia, before you fly to Laos. On a tour of Luang Prabang, admire ornate palaces and ancient temples, and you can even choose to climb the 328 steps to the top of Mount Phousi. An early start gives you the chance to experience a Buddhist alms-giving ceremony, then you can relax on a sedate cruise along the Mekong River. Keep your eyes peeled for elephants bathing along the shoreline as you cross the border into Thailand. Sample Thai life with visits to bustling markets and holy shrines adorned with golden pagodas.
Explore the magnificent temples of Angkor and discover Luang Prabang in Laos, before cruising the Mekong River to Thailand.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Vietnam Airlines and Thai Airways, and internal flights
- 11 nights in 3 and 4-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 27 meals: 11 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 6 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guides
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Audio Guide
Saigon River cruise including dinner
Explore the Angkor temple complex
Visit the village of Chansar
Receive a blessing at a Buddhist temple
Visit a stilted village near Tonle Sap Lake
Sightseeing tour of Luang Prabang
Experience an alms giving ceremony
Discover Kuang Si Waterfall
Cruise the Mekong River and visit Pak Ou Caves
Chiang Rai sightseeing tour
Tour of Chiang Mai including a local market
- Day 1 UK/Ho Chi Minh City
- You'll fly to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam today.
- Day 2 Ho Chi Minh City
- On arrival, we will transfer you to your hotel and with the rest of the day free, you've the chance to explore at your own pace. This evening we'll enjoy a cruise along the Saigon River and dinner will be served on board.
- Day 3 Siem Reap
- Today's the day we start our discovery of the famous temples of Angkor. We'll fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia, where our explorations begin with a visit to Banteay Srei, a temple carved with intricate figures depicting scenes from Hindu tales. Next we'll visit Banteay Samre, before continuing to the world's largest religious monument – the magnificent Angkor Wat. This massive, three-tiered pyramid rises 65 metres from the ground and is crowned by five lotus flower-shaped towers. Finally we'll climb to the top of Pre Rup Temple and enjoy fabulous views of the jungle at sunset.
- Day 4 Siem Reap
- We've all sorts of exciting experiences lined up for today, beginning with a visit to the village of Chansar, which is supported by our Travelsphere Cares project. We'll see how work is progressing on the building of a kindergarten and then ride on an ox cart to the home of a Khmer family. We'll watch how they make brooms from natural materials and you'll be able to have a go if you wish. We'll enjoy a walking tour of the village and a simple Khmer lunch before we head to a Buddhist temple to receive a blessing.
- Day 5 Siem Reap
- Our explorations continue with a visit to the South Gate of Angkor Thom. We'll uncover the Bayon, where hundreds of smiling faces decorate the towers and Phimeanakas, which we'll climb to take in panoramic views of the Angkor complex. We'll also take in the Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of Leper Kings before driving to Ta Prohm, a temple which has been left to the clutches of the jungle. After a busy few days, you're free to relax and spend time at leisure this afternoon.
- Day 6 Luang Prabang
- We take to the road this morning and drive to Kompong Khleang, a village built on stilts. Around 5,000 people live here and most earn a living by fishing on the Tonle Sap Lake. We'll gain an insight into their daily life as we spend some time discovering this floating village. Later we will transfer to the airport and fly to Luang Prabang in Laos.
- Day 7 Luang Prabang
- We're going to discover the highlights of the former royal capital of Luang Prabang on today's tour. First you will admire the wonderful architecture of the Wat Xieng Thong temple and the gilded façade of Wat Mai. Then we will head to the former Royal Palace, which houses an array of rare religious and cultural artefacts. Next stop is Wat Visoun, one of the oldest temples in the city, and later we'll climb the 328 steps to the top of Mount Phousi. We'll spend some time here taking in panoramic views of the city before returning to the hotel.
- Day 8 Luang Prabang
- You've an early start today, as we rise to the sound of the temple gong and experience a Buddhist alms giving ceremony. This is one of Laos' most sacred traditions and we'll watch about 300 monks walk silently by, collecting sticky rice and other foods in their bronze bowls. If you would like to offer food, our Local Guide will show you how to interact with the monks. Later you've a chance to bathe in the waters of the Kuang Si Waterfall. Grab your swimsuit as we head to Kuang Si Park to see the water cascade into a series of turquoise pools.
- Day 9 Mekong River
- This morning we will board a boat and cruise along the Mekong River to Pakbeng. Sit back and relax as you meander along the river, catching a glimpse of life along its shores. We'll make a stop to visit the Pak Ou Caves and enjoy lunch on board, before transferring to a hotel for our overnight stay in Pakbeng.
- Day 10 Chiang Rai
- After breakfast, our journey along the river continues. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, if you're lucky, you may spot an elephant from the nearby sanctuary bathing in the waters. We'll stop at a local village to stretch our legs, before crossing the border into Thailand and continuing our cruise to Chiang Rai.
- Day 11 Chiang Mai
- Begin the day with a visit to the Hill Tribe Museum in Chiang Rai, where exhibits document the area's long association with opium. Next, you'll journey by road to Baan Dam, or Black House, where you'll see an interesting collection created by artist Thawan Duchanee. The art theme continues at Wat Rong Khun, known as the white temple. Designed by one of Thailand's most famous artists, Chalermchai Kositpipat, this beautiful building represents the purity and wisdom of Buddha. This evening you might choose to head to Chiang Mai's night market, where you can bargain for a souvenir of your holiday. As you browse the colourful stalls you'll find everything from local handicrafts and spices to jewellery and shoes.
- Day 12 Chiang Mai
- We are going to discover northern Thailand's holiest shrine, Wat Doi Suthep, on today's full-day tour. It sits on a hilltop overlooking the city and we'll have plenty of time to explore this intriguing site which features a lavish gold pagoda, said to contain relics of Lord Buddha. Afterwards we'll travel along a road known as 'handicraft highway' where you'll have a chance to shop for traditional souvenirs. There's another opportunity to pick up mementos when we visit the city's bustling Waroros Market, and our sightseeing ends with a visit to two more temples, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Phra Singh.
- Day 13 Chiang Mai/UK
- Enjoy some time at leisure in Chiang Mai, before we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK, via Bangkok.
- Day 14 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Muong Thanh Saigon Centre Hotel
- The modern décor of this property is complemented by the abundance of great facilities on offer. Guests can unwind at the in-house bar or take advantage of the sauna/spa centre. There is also an indoor swimming pool that offers spectacular views overlooking Ho Chi Minh City. Rooms at the hotel come furnished with a TV, private facilities and a hairdryer. Finally, there is free WiFi available and the reception is open 24 hours.
- Angkor Paradise Hotel
- Situated in the centre of Siem Reap only a short distance from majestic Angkor Archaeological Park which include the famous temple of Angkor Wat and Bayon. Facilities include swimming pool, restaurant, health & fitness centre, lobby lounge and souvenir shop. Bedrooms have private facilities.
- Sanctuary Luang Prabang Hotel
- The Sanctuary Hotel is located in the heart of the City of Luang Prabang, midway between the Mekong and Nam Khan Rivers. A calm and tranquil location, but also close to the night market, historic temples and restaurants. The hotel has an indoor/outdoor restaurant and terrace bar and 30 bedrooms. Rooms are furnished in a traditional wooden style and have their own private terrace to enjoy views of the gardens and lotus pond. All rooms have air conditioning, TV, wifi, minibar, safe, tea and coffee making facilities and private bathroom
- Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge
- The traditionally styled Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge is situated right by the iconic Mekong River. The property offers a mixture of Laos/Thai dishes at their two in-house restaurants, and guests can truly relax by taking advantage of the massage services available. Rooms have private facilities and will be furnished either with a fan or air conditioning. In the communal areas of the lodge there is free WiFi available.
- Laluna Hotel & Resort Chiang Rai
- Situated in a picturesque flower garden of Chiang Rai is the beautiful Laluna Hotel & Resort. Guests can enjoy themselves in a large outdoor swimming pool, which is surrounded by stylish sunbeds and lush green trees. There are massage services available too, which can really enhance a guest’s stay here. The air conditioned rooms come furnished with private facilities, a minibar and TV. There is also complimentary WiFi at Laluna Hotel and Resort.
- Dusit Princess
- The Dusit Princess Chiang Mai offers beautifully spacious appointed rooms. They all have air conditioning, TV and a safety deposit box. The hotel has Wi-FI, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre. Hotel facilities include restaurant, room service, bar and massage.