An Australasian Adventure
Discover world-famous highlights of Australia and New Zealand on this epic 25-day adventure.
Discover world-famous highlights of Australia and New Zealand on this epic 25-day adventure.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand
- 2 nights in Singapore at a 4-star hotel
- 10 nights in Australia in 3 to 4-star hotels
- 9 nights in New Zealand in 3 to 4-star hotels plus 3 nights in flight
- 14 meals: 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- Travelsphere Tour Manager
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Singapore sightseeing tour
- Catamaran trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Discover Melbourne including Captain Cook's cottage
- Sydney tour with views of the Opera House
- Milford Sound cruise with lunch
- Franz Josef Glacier
- Christchurch orientation tour
- Te Puia Thermal Reserve
- Maori concert with traditional 'hangi' dinner
- Auckland tour
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- DAYS 1 & 2 UK/Singapore
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Singapore. On arrival on day 2, we will transfer you to your hotel.
- DAY 3 Singapore
- This morning you'll head out to discover Singapore on a tour. Highlights will include Merlion Park, with the iconic Merlion statue, and the Thian Hock Keng Temple. The afternoon is yours to spend just as you wish. Most visitors to Singapore make a beeline for the famous Raffles Hotel to sample its signature cocktail, the Singapore Sling, why not join them.
- DAY 4 Singapore & Cairns
- We'll enjoy a leisurely morning before we transfer to the airport for our flight to Cairns.
- DAY 5 Cairns
- We land in Cairns, the gateway to the incredible Great Barrier Reef, this morning. You can spend the rest of the day relaxing at your hotel or exploring at your own pace.
- DAY 6 Cairns
- A whole new world is waiting to be discovered today as we head off on an included trip by catamaran to the outer Great Barrier Reef. You'll see that marine life comes incredibly close to the platform and you'll also be able to view the reef from a semi-submersible. If you want to swim in this amazing underwater world, snorkelling equipment and guidance is provided on board, so off you go! Lunch is also included today.
- DAY 7 Cairns
- Cairns is all yours to discover as you wish today. However, if you want to join an organised trip, you can opt to take a journey aboard the Kuranda Railway. Your Tour Manager will have all the details of the optional excursion on offer.
- DAY 8 Melbourne
- We'll fly to Melbourne today, where after checking into our hotel, we'll head off on a sightseeing tour. Highlights include the site of Captain Cook's cottage and the old gaol where the notorious outlaw Ned Kelly was executed.
- DAY 9 Melbourne
- With next two free days in Melbourne you will have plenty of opportunity to explore your own way. Nature-lovers may choose to join our optional excursion to Phillip Island to see the remarkable penguin parade. The sight of these adorable creatures emerging from the sea and waddling across the beach to their sand dune burrows is simply unforgettable!
- DAY 10 Melbourne
- Today you can continue to explore Melbourne on your own or alternatively join our optional excursion of Ballarat and Sovereign Hill.
- DAY 11 Sydney
- After a morning at leisure we're going to fly to Sydney, which will be our base for four nights. Although this is Australia's biggest city, its centre is compact and easily explored on foot. Together we'll see highlights including the Sydney Opera House, Bondi Beach and Darling Harbour on today's tour.
- DAY 12 Sydney
- You've got next three days in this fabulous city to soak up as many sights as you like. There's an excellent range of optional excursions on offer, which your Tour Manager will tell you all about. Today you could take a leisurely cruise of Sydney Harbour to enjoy its famous landmarks from the water.
- DAY 13 Sydney
- If you want to travel further afield, join our optional excursion to the Blue Mountains and Featherdale National Park. Here you can see Australia's famous residents, including koalas, possums, wombats and kangaroos.
- DAY 14 Sydney
- Enjoy you last day in Sydney as you please or alternatively you could take a thrilling helicopter ride over Sydney Harbour or join a Sydney bridge climb.
- DAY 15 Queenstown
- We'll leave Australia and board our flight to Queenstown, New Zealand today. An orientation tour of this lakeside town is the perfect introduction before we transfer you to your hotel. A great way to spend the evening is aboard the TSS Earnslaw steamship enjoying an optional dinner cruise on Lake Wakatipu.
- DAY 16 Milford Sound
- Today is the day that you get to visit one of New Zealand's most beautiful locations, Milford Sound. On a full day out you'll take a cruise on this spectacular fjord, as long as the weather conditions are favourable.
- DAY 17 Queenstown
- Today is free for you to relax and simply enjoy your magnificent surroundings. For further mesmerising sights, you could join one of the optional excursions offered today, including Dart River safari, Kawarau Jetboat ride or Stargazing experience in the evening.
- DAY 18 Franz Josef Glacier
- Your explorations of New Zealand take you into beautiful Westland National Park today. We'll head north, along one of New Zealand's most scenic roads to the Franz Josef and Fox Glacier regions. If the weather allows, once you're here you can choose to take an optional helicopter flight for amazing views (bookable in resort only).
- DAY 19 Christchurch
- Christchurch is your next destination, and for spectacular views of the Southern Alps you may opt to take this journey aboard the TranzAlpine train. On arrival, get your bearings on a sightseeing tour before we transfer you to your overnight hotel.
- DAY 20 Rotorua
- The emerald-green North Island was shaped by the fire of volcanoes, and evidence of this remains in the thermal springs of Rotorua, which is where you head today. En route we'll see boiling mud pools and spouting geysers at Te Puia Thermal Reserve. There is an opportunity to take an optional float plane or helicopter flight to Mount Tarawera (bookable in resort only).
- DAY 21 Rotorua
- A relaxed day is on the cards, with a range of optional excursions offered if you want to get out and see more. Possibilities include a tour of Hobbiton, the location created for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films, or alternatively visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see the flightless Kiwi bird. We'll get together this evening to experience a couple of unique Maori traditions. Entertainment comes in the shape of a concert and your dinner is a 'hangi', where your food is cooked by steam underground.
- DAY 22 Auckland
- We then head to Auckland, on North Island, but not before we've called at the world-famous Waitomo Caves. This labyrinth of limestone caverns is eerily illuminated by glow worms and provides a real spectacle. A tour of Auckland concludes a great day of discoveries.
- DAY 23 Auckland
- Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand and you've a free day to see as much as you can.
- DAY 24 Auckland/UK
- We'll take you to the airport today for your flight to the UK, via Los Angeles.
- DAY 25 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore by Shangri-La
- Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore by Shangri-La is a comfortable and modern hotel situated at the beginning of Orchard Road, near to the Singapore Botanic Gardens. Rooms are furnished with free Wi-Fi, TV, electronic safe, tea & coffee making facilities & mini fridge. Hotel amenities include two restaurants, a bar & lounge, pool and fitness centre.
- Cairns Queenslander Hotel & Apartments
- The 3.5-star Cairns Queenslander Hotel is located in Cairns, in reach of the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer, tea/coffee-making facilities and a TV.
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
- The Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne is a heritage listed hotel. Within walking distance you can find shopping, dining & entertainment, perfect for exploring. There is also a bar, restaurant and fitness centre, if you wish to stay at the hotel. Rooms are furnished with air-conditioning, safe, TV and tea & coffee-making facilities.
- Holiday Inn Old Sydney
- Perfectly located for the best of Sydney''s attractions, the 4-star Holiday Inn Old Sydney effortlessly combines new and old world charm right in the historic Rocks District. The Rocks is a uniquely historical Australian quarter, where you can eat in restaurants located in some the oldest surviving buildings in Sydney.
Set only a street back from Sydney Harbour, Holiday Inn Old Sydney is just a short stroll from the famous Harbour Bridge and Opera House, and hence ideally located for an unforgettable experience. Circular Quay is just a few minutes'' walk from the hotel, and you can catch a ferry across Sydney Harbour to view local and exotic wildlife at Taronga Zoo or over to Manly Beach. Native plants are on show at the 30-hectare Royal Botanic Gardens, located 300 metres away and stylish boutiques in the surrounding cosmopolitan Rocks precinct. Climb the outer arch of Sydney Harbour Bridge, metres away, for stunning views across the city.
Wireless internet is available from your guest room, our Lobby Lounge Bar and the rooftop terrace. They say a picture paints a thousand words and, by day or night, it is one of the hotels in Sydney with the most magnificent views of the world’s most beautiful harbour, Sydney Harbour. Each of the modern guestrooms come equipped with a choice of soft & firm pillows, flat screen TVs, mini fridge, tea/coffee-making facilities, hairdryer, high speed internet access and comfortable en-suite facilities with dual pressure showerhead. Enjoy spectacular views to Sydney Harbour or an outlook onto the historic Rocks from the comfort of your room.
- Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road
- The 4-star Holiday Inn Queenstown Frankton Road has a peaceful setting amongst alpine scenery and picturesque lakes, yet it''s conveniently close to the city.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, swimming pool, sauna and tennis court. Bedrooms have private facilities, tea- and coffee-making facilities, TV, hairdryer and Wi-Fi.
- Scenic Hotel Franz Joseph Glacier
- The 4-star Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier sits at the edge of the Westland World Heritage Park and is just moments from one of New Zealand’s most spectacular natural attractions, the Franz Josef Glacier. Scenic Hotel Franz Josef Glacier makes the most of its alpine location and offers quality accommodation in the beautiful surroundings within Franz Josef village. The hotel offers facilities including a restaurant, The Moa Bar with an open fireplace, guest laundry, and complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel. All 130 rooms feature en suite facilities, TV, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, mini bar, heater and hairdryer.
- Quality Hotel Elms
- The 3.5-star Quality Hotel Elms is located in the Papanui area of Christchurch, with bars and restaurants in the local vicinity. The city centre is within easy reach.
- Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua
- The 3-star Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua is set on the shores of the lake and close to Rotorua''s vibrant city centre.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, outdoor swimming pool and spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, safe, refrigerator, iron, tea/coffee-maker and hairdryer.
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Crowne Plaza Auckland is situated within walking distance from a range of shopping and dining options on Queen Street. It is also in close proximity to main sightseeing attractions of Auckland. Modern rooms feature en-suite facilities, flat-screen TVs and sleep-aid aromatherapy kits. Wi-Fi is also available for a fee. Other hotel facilities include gym, sauna, a lobby cocktail bar and a restaurant.
- Take a journey on the Kuranda Railway
- See Phillip Island's charming 'penguin parade'
- Sydney Harbour cruise
- The Blue Mountains and the Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Sydney Harbour scenic helicopter flight
- Sydney Harbour Bridge climb
- Kawarau River jet boat ride
- Rainbow Springs gondola & wine tasting
- Queenstown Stargazing experience
- Steamboat cruise on Lake Wakatipu
- TranzAlpine train journey
- Float plane/helicopter ride to Mount Tarawera
- Hobbiton movie set
Back to top