A Week In Andalucia
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TTRAFSWA
- Travel Type: Air
- Excursions: 3
This relaxing holiday gives you the chance to unwind and soak up the sun whilst discovering the best of Andalucía. From your base in medieval Antequera, you’ll visit the cities of Cordoba and Seville before heading to Granada, home of the stunning Alhambra Palace. Step inside to discover grand halls, courtyards and fountains, then explore the Generalife Gardens. If you want to see more, there’s the option to visit cliff-top Ronda and cosmopolitan Malaga, or if you prefer you can just relax and unwind at the hotel – it’s entirely up to you.
This relaxing holiday gives you the chance to unwind and soak up the sun whilst discovering the best of Andalucía.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners and welcome drink
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Specialist Local Guide
- Overseas transfers, other transportation and porterage
- Audio Guide
- Sightseeing in the city of Cordoba
- Explore Andalucia's regional capital, Seville
- Enjoy a light lunch at one of Seville's fine tapas bars
- Granada tour and the Alhambra Palace
- Day 1 UK - Malaga
- Depart on your flight to Malaga today. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel in Antequera and you'll have time to relax and unwind before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Antequera - at Leisure
- If you want to experience authentic Andalucia, here it is in medieval Antequera, whose landscape is punctuated by the towers of Moorish fortresses and Gothic churches. To really get under its skin, why not join our optional guided tour. Highlights include the Roman Baths, the 16th century Arch of the Giants and the wonderful scenery of El Torcal National Park. You'll also discover the Dolmens, megalithic mass tombs dating back 4,500 years.
- Day 3 Cordoba
- Today you're going to discover the city of Cordoba, which sits in a beautiful position on a bend of the Guadalquivir River. It's a fascinating place and the highlight of your visit is sure to be the dazzling Mezquita, or Great Mosque, which dates back to the 8th century. Inside what is said to be one of the world's greatest Islamic buildings, you'll see more than 850 granite, jasper and marble pillars. You'll also spend time exploring the labyrinth of winding streets and flower-filled courtyards in the Jewish quarter, before we head back to Antequera.
- Day 4 Seville
- You're heading to Seville today. This is Andalucia's regional capital, and if you're an opera fan you'll know it as the atmospheric setting for Bizet's Carmen and Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro. On your tour, highlights include the Plaza de España which displays a beautifully tiled alcove for each of Spain's provinces, and the Gothic cathedral. Admire the Alcazar, the royal palace built on the site of a Moorish fort, and wander through the Barrio Santa Cruz area.
Tapas bars are plentiful in this maze of lanes, the perfect location for us to end our tour with a light lunch at one of the fine tapas bars. You might sample dishes such as bravas patatas, chorizo and calamares a la romana – Seville is credited with its invention after all!
- Day 5 Antequera - at Leisure
- Time at leisure may be just what you need today, so why not relax by the pool at your hotel.
However, if you're keen to discover more of Andalucia, your Tour Manager will be hosting an optional excursion to the clifftop town of Ronda. You'll see the 600ft deep gorge, El Tajo, which divides it in two and is spanned by an ancient stone bridge, the Puente Nuevo. We'll also leave time for a leisurely stroll around Ronda's cobblestone streets lined with the typical whitewashed houses of the region.
- Day 6 Granada
- You really can't visit this region of Spain without a trip to the stunning Alhambra Palace, so that's where you are going today. Standing high on a hill overlooking Granada, this magnificent complex was built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th centuries and added to over time. Your tour not only includes the grand halls, courtyards and fountains of the palace, but also the lovely Generalife Gardens. Later, we'll explore Granada, where you'll see a mix of Moorish and Spanish architecture amongst its narrow, winding lanes.
- Day 7 Antequera - at Leisure
- Choose to spend the day in Antequera exploring further or relaxing by the pool, or perhaps join our final optional excursion. This time we're off to Malaga, a cosmopolitan city on the Costa del Sol, famous as the birthplace of the celebrated artist Pablo Picasso. The city is set on a beautiful bay of the Mediterranean and we'll take in wonderful views from the two Moorish citadels, the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro.
- Day 8 Malaga - UK
- We'll transfer you to the airport in Malaga today for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Antequera
- The 4-star Hotel Antequera Golf is ideally located in walking distance of the centre of Antequera.
Hotel facilities include a restuarant, bar, lounge and a swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, air-conditioning and a TV.
- Antequera, El Torcal National Park and the Dolmens
- Visit the clifftop town of Ronda
- Tour of cosmopolitan Malaga