Strathpeffer And Whale Watching
- Explore the waters off the coast of Northern Scotland looking out for rare wildlife
- Whales, dolphins and porpoises are at home in these waters as well as other interesting marine wildlife such as basking sharks, ocean sunfish and jellyfish
- Our boat trip is escorted by an expert marine biologist who can help you spot the wildlife and tell you more about marine life
- Discover the isolated and mysterious Black Isle
There is very little that can compare to seeing nature’s most majestic creatures in their natural environment and in Scotland you can see some of the most spectacular wildlife in Britain. This trip will take you to the west coast to embark on a marine adventure searching the waters of Gairloch and The Minch attempting to spot minke and orca whales and a host of other marine life!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Today we travel by luxury coach to Strathpeffer. Onboard you’ll enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and Roadshow, our onboard entertainment system. After check-in at the hotel you’ll enjoy a delicious three course evening meal. (Dinner)
Tuesday to Thursday:
You’ll spend the next three days in and around Strathpeffer and explore on your included excursions plus time at leisure to discover the town itself. Included excursions are a trip to Gairloch including a whale-watching cruise and a jaunt to the mysterious Black Isle. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Time to say goodbye today, after a delicious cooked breakfast at the hotel you’ll check out and get back aboard your luxury coach for the journey home. (Breakfast)
- Received a Tripadvisor certificate of excellence in 2017
- Stay in magnificent architecture nestled in a pretty Scottish Glen with a number of great walking trails starting in the area
- Enjoy a drink in the traditional wood paneled bar and a drink in the oak-beamed restaurant
- Easily reach Inverness and the remote areas of the highlands by both car and public transport
Stay with us in the magnificent Highlands of Scotland in our hotel nestled in a beautiful green glen in the spa town of Strathpeffer.
The town is a great base for exploring the Scottish Highlands, with distinctive architecture and a number of scenic walks in the area including to pretty Rogie Falls. Going a little way out of town, Inverness can be reached in about half an hour by bus or car, in the city there are a number of historical sights to see including the castle and the old high church.
Going further afield take a trip to Dingwall, from where you can hop on a train to the Kyle of Lochalsh or anywhere in between. The route takes in fantastic Highland scenery and has been called one of the most scenic train lines in the country. Loch Ness is also a nearby attraction with plenty of companies offering cruises on the loch for one of the best ways to take in this area of Scotland.
In the hotel there is a traditional feel of a Scottish hunting lodge with wood paneling in the bar and oak beams in the restaurant. So you can enjoy a relaxing drink and a tasty meal in cosy settings while enjoying fantastic Highland hospitality.Back to top
Scenic drive and whale watching - Included
Scenic drive following the shores of Loch Maree to the west coast where we stop in Gairloch and join a spectacular wildlife cruise. The inner waters of Loch Gairloch are thriving with nesting birds and then heading out into the Little Minch be on the lookout for whales, dolphins and porpoises as well as other interesting marine life such as basking sharks, ocean sunfish and jellyfish!
Half Day Black Isle - Included
Half Day:The Black Isle is where we're off to today, calling in at Fortrose, which overlooks the Moray Firth and Cromarty, the Highlands' best-preserved historic town. With endless beautiful landscapes, this is a really enjoyable excursion.Back to top