Scarborough Walking Break
- Discover the beautiful Yorkshire Coast from the wonderful setting of Scarborough
- Explore independently on three beautiful walks included in our walking pack
- Our three walks take us to Maw Wyke Hole, with spectacular coastal views, Broxa Forest with views of Harwood Dale and the Esk Valley from Grosmont to the coast at Whitby
- Enjoy views of North Bay from the Bay Norbreck Hotel, close to stunning Scarborough Castle
- Stay on a half-board basis with included packed lunches to take on each of your walks
- Please note: in-resort transfers are not included, public transport to and from walk start and end points are available
The stretch of the Yorkshire Coast that Scarborough sits on is known as the Dinosaur Coast, with geology dating back about 120 million years! This ancient landscape is amazing to discover and Scarborough is the perfect place to see it from.
There are a plethora of great walks from the town and you'll discover Maw Wyke Hole, Broxa Forest and the Esk Valley on self-guided walks.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Today we travel by luxury coach to Scarborough. Onboard you’ll enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and Roadshow, our onboard entertainment system. After check-in at the hotel you’ll enjoy a delicious three course evening meal. (Dinner)
You’ll spend the next two days in and around Scarborough. Explore independently with your included pack of walks, enjoying a packed lunch each day! The included self-guided breaks include Maw Wyke Hole near Robin Hood's Bay, the Esk Valley and Broxa Forest. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Time to say goodbye today, after a delicious cooked breakfast at the hotel you’ll check out and get back aboard your luxury coach for the journey home. (Breakfast)
- Situated on a headland between the North and South Bays with great views
- Enjoy great views from the bar and restaurant and fantastic entertainment in the ballroom
- Scarborough Castle is just a couple of minutes’ walk away and other local attractions include both of the towns beaches, Peasholm Park and the North Yorkshire Moors
The Norbreck Hotel is the only hotel in Scarborough that gives wonderful panoramic views across both the North and South Bays from its prominent position on the headland.
If you want to experience all the fun of the seaside, the Norbreck Hotel is the ideal place to stay. The hotel is just a short walk from the resort’s fantastic attractions including The Esplanade, South Bay beach, The Italian Gardens and of course traditional amusements, restaurants, cafes and bars along the seafront.
Heading the other way, enjoy the naturally beautiful, less developed beach of the North Bay, nature lovers will enjoy amazing natural sights including the nearby North York Moors and the stunning Cleveland Way which passes the hotel.
In the hotel you can of course take in the stunning views of the coastline from the restaurant while enjoying delicious meals followed by relaxing drinks in the bar and great entertainment in the hotel’s ballroom. All of our standard rooms are fashionably decorated and there is the option to upgrade to a standard plus room for even greater comfort.Back to top
Self-guided walking pack and two packed lunches - Included
Included walking pack with three self-guided walks in the local area plus packed lunches on two days.
Esk Valley - Optional
The Esk Valley Walk follows the Esk River from its source in the North York Moors all the way to the coast at Whitby. We'll start in Grosmont for an 8 mile walk to the coast at Whitby. Along the way follow the Esk Valley Heritage Railway, passing over fields, woodland and through the beautiful villages of Sleights and Ruswarp.
Burniston - Optional
The village of Burniston is just outside of Scarborough on the edge of The North Yorkshire Moors National Park. This walk will take you from the village along the North Yorkshire and Cleveland Heritage Coast as far as Hayburn Wyke and back towards Scarborough.
Broxa Forest - Optional
This is a woodland walk with a difference, with large amounts of wide open space allowing for great views across Harwood Dale. Broxa Forest is what remains of ancient woodland that covered most of the North York Moors until the Bronze Age and is a great place to pot wildlife. Expect to see Nightjars, squirrels and a variety of birds along the way.Back to top