Coast And Country Weekend Windermere
- Enjoy the warm hospitality and fantastic location of our Coast and Country hotel
- Take in the spectacular scenery of the Lake District
- Visit the lakes that inspired Wordsworth’s poetry
This break takes in stunning views of the Lake District from an ideally located hotel above the village of Windermere. We’ll also take an excursion out to Keswick and Grasmere to enjoy even more beautiful scenery.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
Day 1: Home to Windermere
Enjoy a superb start to a few days away as you travel by luxury coach to Windermere. Onboard you’ll be entertained by the onboard Wi-Fi and entertainment system Roadshow. After check-in at the WindermereHotel join your fellow travellers in the hotel’s restaurant for a delicious three-course evening meal. (Dinner)
Days 2 and 3: Windermere
One included excursion takes us to Grasmere, home to William Wordsworth and a major influence on his work, on the same day we will visit Keswick for stunning views of Derwent Water. The other day in Windermere will be allocated as free time and you have a great chance to explore the town of Windermere and the lake which is a 15 minute walk from the hotel. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Day 4: Windermere to Home
We’ll travel home today, following a tasty breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant and check-out. Enjoy the last views of the superb - countryside as we head home. (Breakfast)
- Recently awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Stay in the heart of the Lake District, overlooking the shores of England’s largest lake
- Enjoy stunning walks or travel to pretty villages including Grasmere and Keswick
- Enjoy afternoon tea in the hotel’s restaurant or a drink in the new Orrest Head Lodge bar
- Coast & Country Hotels have been Reader Recommended by the Good Housekeeping readers for their excellent customer service.
The Windermere is an iconic hotel with views over the town and lake Windermere. It is the perfect place from which to explore the lakes and many of the region’s most stunning walks can be started nearby.
Windermere is a thriving lakeside town with a number of attractions including The World of Beatrix Potter. Whatsmore, the streets are lined with local shops, bustling cafes and stylish restaurants for you to enjoy..
Going further into the Lake District national park you can discover one of the prettiest little villages, Grasmere set in a valley next to the lake. Or visit Ambleside at the end of Lake Windermere, which is said to have the most pubs per person of the population than any village in the country.
Staying in the Windermere Hotel you can enjoy fantastic and varied menus in the restaurant with breakfast and evening meals available. Then in the evening why not have a nightcap in the hotel’s brand new Orrest Head Lodge Bar.Back to top
Excursion to Lake District, Keswick and Grasmere - Included
Excursion through the stunning scenery of the Lake District calling in at beautiful Keswick on Derwentwater and pretty Grasmere.Back to top