Oberammergau - The Passion Play
7 Days Away
Nearly 400 years ago the townspeople of Oberammergau were in dire straits as a plague swept through Europe. In a desperate attempt to end the ravages of the disease, the local people prayed and promised to perform the trials, suffering and eventual death of Jesus Christ in a play once a decade. As the deaths began to stop and those who were infected became well again, the people of Oberammergau kept their side of the bargain and ever since have put on a stage production following the last days of Jesus. Starring the residents of Oberammergau, there are roughly 2000 citizens involved in all facets from the lighting to the stage hands, this fascinating tradition has begun to draw people of varying faiths from across the globe to enjoy this rare and spectacular performance. Join us as we take the trip to this event which has been in our calendar for a long time.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
• Coach travel with reserved seating
• Overnight sailings on board P&O Ferries on a buffet dinner & breakfast basis in en-suite cabins
• Overnight accommodation on the outward & return journey on a bed & breakfast basis
• Two nights dinner, bed & continental breakfast at a four star guest house, Pension or three star hotel
• Admission to see both sessions of the passion play in Oberammergau
Please Note :
A deposit of £100 is required upon booking
A further £200 is required nine months before travel
Another £200 is required six months before travel
Full balance payment is required three months before departure
Oberammergau 2018 carouselBack to top