Christmas In The Austrian Tyrol
8 Days Away - 2023
If your idea of a traditional European Christmas features snow-dusted peaks and idyllic alpine towns, then the Austrian Tyrol will more than meet your expectations! With five festive nights at our hand-picked hotel, the word to describe this Christmas is magical, with a whole host of seasonal treats in store such as Austrian cookies to nibble on and a horse-drawn sleigh ride to delight in. One thing is certain – this will be a Christmas to remember, with memories to cherish year after year!
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Return coach travel & ferry crossings
- First & last night on a bed & breakfast basis in France (last night with light evening meal)
- 5 nights at the 3-star Hotel Krone, Oberperfuss with dinner & breakfast (includes traditional Christmas dinners on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day)
- Austrian Christmas cookies and mulled wine on Christmas Eve
- Torch-lit walk through Oberperfuss
- Guided tour of Innsbruck
- Excursion to Rattenberg
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride on Boxing Day
Optional ‘Scenic Tyrol’ excursion (£15pp)
Austrian Tyrol Christmas Carousel
With only 400 inhabitants, Rattenberg is one of Austria’s smallest towns and is famous for its historic tradition of glass blowing. Tucked between the ancient fortress on the hillside and the River Inn, this charming town has almost entirely preserved its medieval centre. Here you can find revitalised townhouses and cobbled alleyways dotted with specialist glass shops. There is plenty more to explore, including the Augustine Museum, one of the Austrian Tyrol’s leading museums with its unique collection of artefacts, and the castle ruins which offer breathtaking views of the valley below. You may also like to browse the lovely range of shops along the pedestrianised high street or relax in one of the cafés and indulge in a local treat.Back to top