Walking In The Austrian Tyrol
Enjoy invigorating walks amidst the spectacular scenery of the Austian Alps. You'll be part of a small group of walkers, complete with your own guide. The walks are arranged by the Wildschönau Tourist Board, and different grades of walk are available for y
9 Day Tour from £619.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 8 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 6 evening meals
- Guided walks with a local English-speaking walking guide
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by executive coach or upgrade to Silver Service
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then to Belgium for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 – To Niederau in Austria for a six-night stay.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – Walk through the high pastures on the Rosskopf mountain.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – Walk to the herb garden on the Hintersalcherhof Farm.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – A day of choices. Either join our optional, full-day excursion by coach to Innsbruck, or alternatively, join our third walk - Walk 3 (Cat. B) Mountain walk to the Schatzberg and Joel Spitze.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Explore the flora and fauna on the Filzmoos Moor.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Panorama walk to the Kragenjoch mountain.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8 – To Belgium for an overnight stay.Breakfast
- Day 9 – Return home.Breakfast
You will stay for six nights at the 4-star Hotel Sonnschein in Niederau. The hotel is owned by the Thaler family and has welcomed Leger guests for many years. It has a restaurant, terrace, café and indoor swimming pool.
Overnight stays in Belgium are in city-style hotels.
You will stay for six nights at the 4-star Hotel Sonnschein in Niederau. The hotel is owned by the Thaler family and has welcomed Leger guests for many years. It has a restaurant, terrace, café and indoor swimming pool. Overnight stays in Belgium are in city-style hotels.
- 4 Star Rating
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Bureau de Change
- English Speaking Staff
- En Suite with Bath or Shower
- Safe Box
The two walking categories are:Cat. A - Easy mountain walk of approx. 2 to 3 hours without considerable altitude differences.Cat. B - Mountain hike of on average 3 to 4 hours with extended and partially steep climbs and descents. A good fitness level is required. Please note all walks are subject to change. Transfers to start/end points are extra (approx. €15 for a weekly unlimited travel ticket on the little road train). Cable car/chairlift rides, where required, are payable locally.Back to top