The Rhineland And Austrian Tyrol For Single Travellers
A two-centred tour based in two of our most popular hotels, combining the gentle beauty of the meandering Rhine Valley with the spectacular scenery of Austria
9 Day Tour from £989.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 8 nights' accommodation with continental breakfast
- 6 evening meals
- Sole use of your own room
- No single room supplement
- Door to Door service
- Welcome drink
- Travel by Silver Service coach
- Day 1 – Door-to-Door departure, then to Assmannshausen, Germany for a three-night stay.
- Day 2 – A relaxing day on our included visit to this picturesque, riverside ‘wine town’. Explore the lively Drosselgasse, a narrow street with cosy cafés, shops and bars. Join our optional sightseeing drive by little road train, which includes a visit to Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum with its fascinating, self-playing musical instruments.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – Join our full-day, optional excursion and marvel at the medieval castles and vineyards; the world-famous Loreley Rock; Boppard, with its splendid Rhine Promenade; and St. Goar, home to the world’s largest cuckoo clock shop. Our optional river cruise will show you the Rhine Gorge, famous for its picturesque villages, vine-clad slopes and many ancient castles.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – En route to Niederau in Austria for a four-night stay we visit Heidelberg. Its castle is one of the finest examples of Renaissance architecture in Germany.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – Included excursion to the ‘Sound of Music’ city, with its lovely squares, medieval lanes and quaint cafés. Our optional, guided walking tour accompanied by a local, English-speaking guide, will show you the highlights of the city. The tour takes in the baroque splendour of the churches and cathedral, the mighty Hohensalzburg Fortress and also the quaint Getriedegasse.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Join our optional excursion to the Grossglockner, to see the impressive glacier.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Included excursion to beautiful Lake Zell where you can stroll along the lakeside promenade. Later, we visit Kitzbühel with its walled old town and cobbled streets.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8 – To Belgium for an overnight stay.Breakfast
- Day 9 – Return home.Breakfast
You will stay for three nights with sole use of your own room at the 3-star Hotel Alte Bauernschänke in charming Assmannshausen in the Rhine Valley. The original building is over 600 years old, and there is entertainment most evenings, a lift, restaurant, large bar area and a recently opened ‘state of the art’ wellness centre including sauna, steam-bath, massage, beautician and relaxation area.
You will then stay for four nights with sole use of your own room at the 4-star Hotel Sonnschein in Niederau which has an indoor swimming pool, tennis and crazy golf (small charge), Jacuzzi, sauna, solarium, fitness room, bar and a restaurant.
Your overnight stay in Belgium will be in a city-style hotel.Back to top
Prices are per person, based on sole occupancy.Extras: optional excursions; travel insurance from £47.95.Back to top