Highlights Of The Tyrol & Bavaria – Seefeld, Oberammergau & Fairytale Castles
Explore some of the highlights of this beautiful region – a picture postcard scene of lush alpine meadows, towering mountains, emerald green lakes and pretty flower bedecked villages. Add to this the famous fairytale castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
9 Day Tour from £699.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 8 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 6 evening meals
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by executive coach or upgrade to Silver Service
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then to Belgium for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 – Continue to the 4-star Hotel Zum Mohren in Reutte, for a six-night stay.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – Today’s included excursion, takes us across the German border to Schloss Linderhof, a castle of stunning beauty with superb landscaped gardens. We the head to the medieval village of Oberammergau, world famous for the Passion Play that the local people have performed here every 10 years since 1634; the last performance took place in the year 2010. Time will be spent in this picturesque village, of particular interest are the wonderful frescoes on the house facades.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – A full day included excursion, which takes us firstly to Innsbruck, the capital of the Tyrol. Innsbruck’s many fine buildings are a testament to the city’s regal past, including the famous Golden Roof and the Hofburg Palace, whilst Maria Theresien Street is also a must. Our optional sightseeing tour takes in these famous sights, and also the Olympic Ice Stadium, the Bergisel ski jump and the Wilten Basilica, said to be the most beautiful church of its kind in the Tyrol. On our return to Reutte, we make a short stop in the resort of Seefeld. Seefeld enjoys a picturesque setting, framed by lush alpine meadows and overlooked by the mighty Hohe Munde.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – Today we enjoy a day at leisure in Reutte. For those with a head for heights, you may wish to take the cable car up the Hahnenkamm, or visit Burgenwelt Ehrenberg and the incredible suspension bridge.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Included excursion, with an exciting day of sightseeing lying ahead, starting with a visit to Bavaria’s most famous fairytale castle - Neuschwanstein - which towers high above an alpine lake near Fussen. Built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria in 1869, this castle was in fact the model for Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle. Later, we enjoy free time in the delightful walled town of Fussen and explore the maze of narrow lanes, or simply relax in a terrace café in the main square.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Today we offer an optional excursion, taking in some of the Tyrol’s highest passes. We start with a drive through the Lech Valley to the popular ski resort of Lech and Zurs. We continue across the Arlberg Pass to St Anton, for a brief visit. We later head across the magnificent Fern Pass – the green mountain lakes providing the perfect finale to our alpine tour.
- Day 8 – To Belgium for an overnight stay.Breakfast
- Day 9 – Return home.Breakfast
You will stay for six nights at the 4-star Hotel Zum Mohren in Reutte. This superb hotel, owned and run by the welcoming Ruepp family, is situated in the centre of Reutte, within walking distance of the River Lech. Recently refurbished and renovated to a high standard, the hotel combines traditional hospitality with excellent modern facilities. All bedrooms have refrigerator, safe, flat-screen T.V., telephone and free wifi. Enjoy the culinary delight served in the restaurant, relax with a glass of wine in the bar, or spend time in the excellent Wellness area with swimming pool, Finnish sauna and steam-bath. Whilst in Reutte, those with a head for height should head to the world’s longest rope chain bridge – 405 metres long and 11,270 metres high – which links Ruin Ehrenberg and Fort Claudia.
Overnight stays in Belgium will be in city-style hotels.Back to top
.Back to top