Grand Scenic Austria
By incorporating the country’s most celebrated cities with its stunning scenery, we have created the ultimate Austrian holiday. Join us as we travel from Salzkammergut to Kitzbühel, visiting an abundance of beautiful destinations along the way. From Wachau
12 Day Tour from £1099.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 11 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 9 evening meals
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by Silver Service or upgrade to Luxuria
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then to our overnight hotel in Belgium.
- Day 2 – Head through Germany to our hotel in Austria’s Salzburgerland region for a two-night stay.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – Enjoy an included, full-day excursion taking in the beauty of the Salzkammergut. We visit Mondsee, home to the church used in the wedding scene in the film ‘The Sound of Music’, then St. Gilgen where you can enjoy some free time before we include a short boat cruise to the village of St. Wolfgang, home to the famous ‘White Horse Inn’.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – Today we head east to Vienna. En route we visit the Wachau region, home to some of Austria’s finest wines. We make a stop in the town of Krems and later include entrance and a guided tour of magnificent Melk Abbey before continuing on to our hotel in Vienna for two nights.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – Enjoy an included full day in Vienna. An optional, guided sightseeing tour will be available to allow you to see the best of this beautiful and fascinating city, including the Hofburg Palace, the Parliament Building, the Opera House, National Theatre and the City Hall, or you can enjoy free time to explore the city at your leisure. Tonight, we include a traditional meal in a ‘Heuriger’ (wine tavern).Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Today, we leave Vienna and visit the picturesque city of Graz before continuing into the land of green hills and sparkling lakes, Carinthia, where we spend two nights.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Enjoy free time in St. Kanzian am Klopeinersee or join our optional scenic tour to Klagenfurt and beautiful Worthersee Lake where you can take a cruise.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8 – We leave Carinthia and head north to Salzburg, home to Mozart and the film ‘The Sound of Music’. Salzburg is one of Austria’s most beautiful cities with lovely squares, medieval lanes, gothic churches and quaint cafés. Our optional, guided walking tour is a wonderful way to discover the sights. We continue to our hotel in the breathtaking Tyrol for a three-night stay.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 9 – Full-day included excursion to Innsbruck, capital of Tyrol. The many fine buildings are a testament to the city’s regal past, including the famous Golden Roof and the Hofburg Palace, whilst Maria Theresien Street is also a must. Our included sightseeing tour takes in these famous sights, and also the Olympic Ice Stadium, the Bergisel ski jump and the interior of the Wilten Basilica, said to be the most beautiful church of its kind in the Tyrol. To end the day, we visit the lovely town of Hall in Tyrol.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 10 – Today’s optional excursion travels through unforgettable scenery as we climb over the Gerlos Pass to Krimml Falls. These magnificent falls, widely regarded as some of the best in Europe, descend over three mighty stages. Continue to the chic ski resort of Kitzbühel. Enjoy a stroll around the old town or, time permitting, maybe take a cable car ride (extra cost, payable locally) up the Hahnenkamm Mountain.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 11 – We leave Austria and travel to our hotel in Belgium.Breakfast
- Day 12 – Return home.Breakfast
You will stay for two nights at the 4-star Ferienhotel Kristall in Rauris, or similar. In Vienna you will stay for two nights at the 4-star Park Hotel Ananas, or similar. You will then stay for two nights at the 3-star Seelacherhof in St. Kanzian am Klopeinersee in Carinthia. In the Tyrol you will stay for three nights at the 4-star Kirchbergerhof or Alexander in Kirchberg.
Overnight stays in Belgium will be in city-style hotels.
You will stay for two nights at the 4-star Ferienhotel Kristall in Rauris, or similar. In Vienna you will stay for two nights at the 4-star Park Hotel Ananas, or similar. You will then stay for two nights at the 3-star Seelacherhof in St. Kanzian am Klopeinersee in Carinthia. In the Tyrol you will stay for three nights at the 4-star Kirchbergerhof or Alexander in Kirchberg. Overnight stays in Belgium will be in city-style hotels.
- 4 Star Rating
- Non-Smoking Rooms Available
- Room Service
- Indoor Pool,Sauna,Steam Bath and Tanning Studio
- English Speaking Staff
- En Suite with Bath or Shower
- Cable TV
- Safe Box