Grand Alpine Adventure
Join us on an amazing adventure as we delve through green passes and journey along the shores of beautiful lakes in Austria, Slovenia, Italy and Switzerland. With so much on offer, from the Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck, famous for the Golden Roof, and the
14 Day Tour from £1429.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 13 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 11 evening meals
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by Silver Service or upgrade to Luxuria
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then to Belgium for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 – To the Rhine Valley and the riverside town of Boppard, where you can join an optional cruise on the Rhine. Overnight in the Frankfurt area.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – On through Germany, calling at Rothenburg ob der Tauber on the aptly-named Romantic Road, before crossing to Austria and the Salzburgerland area, our base for three nights.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – Today’s full-day, included excursion takes us to Salzburg, then into the beautiful Austrian Lake District. Explore Salzburg’s lanes and alleyways independently or join our optional, guided walking tour. Later, we head to the Salzkammergut area to visit the picturesque village of Hallstatt.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – A fantastic, optional excursion today along one of the most spectacular roads in Austria to ascend the country’s highest mountain to see the Grossglockner Glacier. We continue to the charming town of Heiligenblut.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – We cross into Slovenia arriving early afternoon in the resort of Bled for a two-night stay. Join an optional excursion to the nearby town of Kranjska Gora.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Spend the day on Lake Bled, the jewel of Slovenia. Join our optional sightseeing tour to the Castle of Bled then by boat to the tiny island.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 8 – We leave Slovenia and call at the resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo then journey through the lofty peaks of the Dolomite mountains to our overnight stop in the Süd Tirol.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 9 – We cross the spectacular Brenner Pass into Austria and continue to Innsbruck, the capital of the Tyrol. This beautiful city is surrounded by stunning mountain scenery and is steeped in history. See the famous Golden Roof before we continue into Switzerland, pausing at the famous resort of St. Moritz before reaching our hotel in the Engadine region for an overnight stay.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 10 – Our route to Naters for a two-night stay takes in some of Europe’s grandest passes. We traverse the heights of the Julierpass and the dramatic Simplon Pass.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 11 – Optional excursion to Täsch, before taking the train to the internationally-renowned resort of Zermatt, set spectacularly below the Matterhorn. You can also take a fantastic optional ride on the Gornergrat Rack Railway, to Switzerland’s highest open-air train station at a height of 3089m from where there are breathtaking views of the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa, the ‘pink mountain’.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 12 – We descend to the shores of Lake Geneva and visit Evian and Geneva where you can explore the sights. Continue to our overnight hotel in Villars.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 13 – To northern France for an overnight stay.Breakfast
- Day 14 – Return home.Breakfast
You will stay for one night at a 3-star standard hotel in the Frankfurt area; three nights at the 3-star Hotel Ferienwelt Kristall in Rauris, or similar, in the Austrian Salzburgerland; two nights at the 3-star Hotel Ribno, or similar, in Bled; one night at a 3-star hotel in the Italian Süd Tirol; one night at the 4-star Engadina Hotel in Zuoz, or similar; two nights at the 3-star Superior Hotel Touring in Naters, or similar; and one night at the 4-star Eurotel Victoria in Villars, or similar, near Lake Geneva.
Overnight stays in Belgium and northern France are in city-style hotels.Back to top