Austrian Lakes, Salzburg & Vienna By Air
We bring together Austria’s most famous cities with its crystal-clear lakes, to create this awe-inspiring Austrian experience. On this escorted tour enjoy stunning scenery, as we visit the crystal clear Salzkammergut lakes and their surrounding villages, i
7 Day Tour from £789.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 6 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 5 evening meals
- Return flights to/from Salzburg
- Airport transfers in Austria
- Day 1 – Fly to Salzburg where you will be transferred to your hotel in St. Georgen im Attergau for a six-night stay.Dinner
- Day 2 – Included excursion to Salzburg with its lovely squares, medieval lanes, Gothic churches and quaint cafés. It is also famed as the setting for the film The Sound of Music. An optional, guided walking tour is a wonderful way to see the sights featured in the film, along with many other attractions.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 3 – Not to be missed is our included tour of the Salzkammergut Lakes. Visit the crystal-clear lake of Mondsee before travelling on to St. Gilgen where you can admire the rolling countryside and rugged, rocky peaks. Perhaps take a gondola ride to the top of Mount Zwölferhorn (at extra cost, payable locally). Later, we continue to Hallstatt, one of the most photographed areas in Austria, before arriving in Gmunden, a lively spa town on the shores of Traunsee Lake.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – Join our included, full-day excursion to Austria’s capital, Vienna. Once the centre of the Habsburg empire, Vienna’s regal imperial past is still there to be seen in many fine buildings and palaces. Our optional, guided sightseeing tour will show you the principal sights including the Hofburg Palace, the Parliament Building, the Opera House, National Theatre and the City Hall and also the home where Johann Strauss composed the famous Blue Danube Waltz.Breakfast
- Day 5 – Today we offer an optional excursion into Southern Bohemia in the Czech Republic to the town of Cesky Krumlov, with its museums, castle and many historical buildings.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Today’s optional excursion takes us up the Schafbergspitze on the Schafberg Train, the steepest steam cog railway in Austria with a stunning view of five glistening Salzkammergut Lakes. Afterwards, explore the pretty village of St. Wolfgang, then the spa town of Bad Ischl before following the shores of Lake Traunsee.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 7 – Transfer to Salzburg airport for your return journey to the U.K.Breakfast
You will stay for six nights at the 3-star Hotel Grüner Baum, which is only a few minutes walk from the centre of the village of St. Georgen in the heart of the Austrian Lake District. It has a restaurant, bar, sun terrace, sauna and lift. An evening of traditional music and dance will also take place during your stay.