Austria, 'Sound Of Music'
- Duration: 7 days
- Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast
- Tour Ref: D2TLEGASM
- Travel Type: Coach
The beautiful city of Salzburg was the setting for the film, 'The Sound of Music', and is one of the highlights on this great value tour, where you'll enjoy great scenery and traditional Tyrolean hospitality.
7 Day Tour from £379.00
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- 4 nights hotel with continental breakfast
- 4 evening meals
- Convenient regional joining points
- Travel by executive coach or upgrade to Silver Service
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then travel through the night towards Austria.
- Day 2 – Morning arrival in the Austrian Tyrol for a four-night stay.Dinner
- Day 3 – Free morning before an included visit to the mountain village of Alpbach, once voted ‘Austria’s most beautiful village’, with its picture-postcard geraniums adorning the window boxes. We then visit the smallest town in Austria, Rattenberg, famous for its glass-blowing and quaint souvenir shops.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 4 – Join today’s optional excursion which firstly visits the spectacular Krimml Waterfalls, where the Krimml River thunders down over 1000 feet in three mighty stages at the foot of the Gerlos Pass. The views are considered to be unsurpassed throughout Europe. We continue along the Salzach Valley and over the Thurn Pass to the internationally-renowned resort of Kitzbühel, where you have some free time to explore this splendid walled town with its brightly painted buildings. Make sure you enjoy a drink and strudel in one of the pavement cafés.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 5 – Today’s included excursion is to the ‘Sound of Music’ city of Salzburg, home of the Von Trapp family and also the birthplace of Mozart. Spend free time exploring independently or join our optional, guided sightseeing tour to enjoy the lovely squares, medieval lanes and Gothic churches of this beautiful Alpine city. In the afternoon, you can stay in Salzburg or join our optional excursion to Mondsee in the Salzkammergut, a delightful resort on the banks of the lake and home to the church featured in ‘The Sound of Music’.Breakfast, Dinner
- Day 6 – Free time to relax in resort before our late afternoon departure for our overnight journey north.Breakfast
- Day 7 – Return home.
You will stay for four nights at a 3-star standard hotel or gasthof in the Austrian Tyrol, such as the Gasthof Ascherwirt in Brandenburg. The hotel will have a restaurant and bar and will be conveniently located for our exciting excursion programme. Hotel details will be advised with your travel documents.Back to top