Walking Mallorca's Scenic Trails & Coastline
Expect spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea, majestic mountains, colourful citrus groves and pretty villages as you soak up Mallorca's beauty on a series of walks. There's time to relax too, back at your beachfront hotel, and to discover the island's lively capital, Palma
Expect spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea, majestic mountains, colourful citrus groves and pretty villages as you soak up Mallorca's beauty on a series of walks. There's time to relax too, back at your beachfront hotel, and to discover the island's lively capital, Palma.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from London City with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome & farewell drinks
- 4 guided walks
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Walk from Deia to Sóller
Castell d'Alaro walk
Coastal walk to Cala Figuera
Puig de Randa & the Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Cura
- Explore Palma, Mallorca's capital
- DAY 1 UK to Palma
- Today you'll fly to Palma, Mallorca's lively capital. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in Colonia Sant Jordi. This delightful resort is located on the south coast of the island. Once you've unpacked, why not head out for a stroll and discover a great selection of cafés and bars where you can sit and soak up fabulous views.
Back at the hotel, get to know your fellow travellers this evening over a welcome drink before dinner.
- DAY 2 Deia to Soller
- Walk 10km - 6.2 Mi – 3 hours
A good breakfast will set you up for today's 10km walk, which should take about three hours. We'll head first to the pretty village of Valldemosa, surrounded by the Tramuntana mountain range. As well as this enviable position, it boasts a 13th century Carthusian monastery, where Polish composer Chopin spent the winter with writer George Sand in 1838. This ill-fated stay was recounted in her book, 'A Winter in Majorca'.
Next, we head to the coastal village of Deia, where our gentle walk begins. We'll follow a cobbled path through olive groves and farmland for a glimpse of rural Mallorca. We'll also take in spectacular sea views as we make our way to our final destination, Sóller, set in a lush valley of orange and lemon groves.
- DAY 3 Castell d'Alaro
- Walk 7km - 4.3mi – 4 hours
We'll see more beautiful scenery on today's walk, which starts in the tiny hamlet of Orient, and takes us over 7km.
Our stroll takes us past olive groves and holm oak woods, and up to Castell d'Alaro, a Moorish fortress perched on top of a rocky mountain. From here we'll be able to soak up wonderful panoramic views. We'll see the Tramuntana Mountains and the Cap de Ferrutx, a place of outstanding natural beauty boasting high peaks, coastal cliffs, scrubland, forests and secluded beaches.
- DAY 4 Colonia Sant Jordi
- After two days out and about exploring Mallorca's picturesque countryside you might enjoy the opportunity to relax today. Colonia Sant Jordi boasts a lovely sandy beach where you could laze in the sun, or have a swim in the blue-green waters of the bay.
- DAY 5 Cala Figuera
- Walk 5km - 3.1 mi – 3 hours
We're in for a treat today as we head off on a coastal walk which takes us past seven beautiful bays. The path we take will lead us to the Figuera lighthouse, with our Local Guide pointing out interesting flora and fauna along the way. Our final destination is the fishing port of Cala Figuera, where white-painted houses line the small harbour and pine-covered hillsides form a picturesque backdrop.
- DAY 6 Puig de Randa
- Walk 7km - 4.3 mi – 3 hours
Today our walk will take us inland to the pretty town of Llucmajor. Our route then takes us through oak forests to the Puig de Randa plateau for far-reaching views of the Sierra del Norte and the Llanura lowlands.
Rising from the plain, one of Mallorca's sacred mountains, the Puig de Randa is home to the Sanctuary of Nuestra Señora de Cura, which we'll stop to admire. The views across the island are pretty spectacular from here too. As we make our way back down, we pass the 14th century Monastery of Sant Honorat and the Nuestra Señora de Gracia hermitage.
- DAY 7 Palma
- We're going to discover Mallorca's capital, Palma, on a tour this morning. We'll stroll through the narrow streets and ancient passages of the Old Town, to see honey-hued buildings and the impressive Gothic cathedral. Close by we'll also admire the Royal Palace, the residence of Spain's royal family when they visit the Balearic Islands.
There's free time in the city to explore independently or with your travelling companions. There's no shortage of attractions, from shops and galleries to cafés and an impressive harbour.
Later, we'll head back to the hotel, where the rest of the afternoon can be spent at leisure. Tonight let's get together for a farewell drink before dinner.
- DAY 8 - Palma to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport in Palma for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel THB Sur Mallorca