Walking In Malta At Christmas
Malta is the perfect winter walking destination with a mild climate throughout December. Enjoy walks in the countryside and nature and discover villages, towns and ancient cities. Share Christmas and create wonderful memories with your fellow walkers on this inviting tour.
Enjoy walks through Malta's countryside, discover villages, towns and ancient cities, and share Christmas with fellow walkers on this inviting tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Malta.
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 5 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 11 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch, 5 dinners with unlimited wine, beer & soft drinks
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Scenic walk from Dingli Cliffs to the Blue Grotto
- Visit the colourful fishing village of Marsaxlokk
- Explore the 'Three Cities' of Vittoriosa, Cospicua & Senglea
- Rural walk through the Girgenti Valley
- Christmas Day lunch with your fellow walkers
- Explore Malta's capital city Valletta
- Day 1 UK - Malta
- Fly to Malta and transfer to your seafront hotel in the popular town of St Paul's Bay. In the evening, join your new acquaintances for a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Dingli Cliffs, Blue Grotto, Marsaxlokk & the Three Cities
- Walk 10km/6.2miles - 2.5 hoursToday we begin with a walk along the Dingli clifftops where you can enjoy the dazzling sea views. We will stop at the Blue Grotto, a series of limestone caves where the water is a brilliant turquoise blue. From here we'll head to the colourful fishing village of Marsaxlokk where fishermen in brightly painted fishing boats bring in the daily catch. Continuing our day, we will visit Malta's 'Three Cities', ancient fortified cities across the harbour from Valletta.
- Day 3 Christmas Eve rural island walk & Valletta
- Walk 9km/5.6 miles - 2.5 hoursToday we get out into nature and explore the Girgenti Valley. The landscape is dotted with old farmhouses and citrus orchards and crisscrossed with crumbling dry stone walls. We will pass through 16th century woodland, see prehistoric cart ruts and the caves of Ghar il-Kbir, which were inhabited 2000 years ago. The walk finishes at Il Maqluba, a natural sinkhole and local beauty spot. Finally, we'll head into Valletta before returning to the hotel for a well-earned rest.
- Day 4 Christmas Day, St Paul's Bay - at Leisure
- Today is Christmas Day and free for us to spend relaxing at the hotel, enjoying the spa and other facilities, or exploring more of the island. Whatever you choose to do, you won't want to miss our Christmas Day lunch with all the trimmings.
- Day 5 Boxing Day, St Paul's Bay - at Leisure
- Walk 10km/6.2 miles - 2.5 hoursThe day is yours to see more of Malta or recharge at the hotel. Or join us for another walk. We will start the day by tracing the Victoria Lines, 19th century fortified walls that dissect the island. We will be treated to fine views of the surrounding countryside and, if the weather is clear, of the neighbouring island of Gozo. Next, we will visit Mdina, a walled city on a hilltop filled with glorious Baroque buildings. Our last stop will be a craft village where we will watch Mdina's glassblowers at work shaping molten glass into beautiful bowls, vases and carafes.
- Day 6 Malta - UK
- Wave goodbye to Malta as you travel to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Dolmen Resort Hotel
- The 4-star Dolmen Resort is located close to the beach in St Paul’s Bay. Hotel amenities include a choice of restaurants and bars, a café, swimming pool and a casino.
- Walk along the Victoria Lines (19th century fortified walls), visit Mdina and watch artisan glassblowers at work