Uganda - Gorillas In The Mist
Animal lovers will be in their element on our Uganda Gorillas in the Mist tour, which takes you on an epic adventure through the wilds of East Africa. Spend 12 days discovering Uganda's incredible wildlife, from getting up-close-and-personal with gorillas in the Impenetrable Forest to driving across the African savannah in search of tree-climbing lions. Add in the country's scenic highlights such as the spectacular cascading Murchison Falls and unforgettable cultural experiences, and you'll soon see why Uganda is known as the 'Pearl of Africa'.
Wildlife lovers will be in their element on our Uganda Gorillas in the Mist tour, spotting gorillas, tree-climbing lions, white rhinos and more in their natural habitat – as well as a chance to meet friendly locals and soak up the natural beauty of this stunning country.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Heathrow with Emirates via Dubai
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 10 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels and lodges plus 2 nights in flight
- 29 meals: 10 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners including welcome dinner & drink
- Traditional African Toora lunch at Tinka's home
- Overseas transfers, transportation & porterage
- Walking safari to see southern white rhino
- Boat ride to the spectacular Murchison Falls
- Chimpanzee-tracking experience
- Wildlife cruise along the Kazinga Channel
- Four game drives in four different parks, including Ishasha, to see the tree-climbing lions
- Gorilla trek in the Impenetrable Forest
- Stay in a luxury eco farm lodge & participate in local farming traditions
- Day 1 UK - Entebbe
- Today,you’ll fly from the UK to Entebbe.
- Day 2 Entebbe
- After arriving at Entebbe International Airport, you'll be greeted by your Local Guide and transferred to your hotel nearby. Take a little time to settle in and meet your fellow travellers over dinner and drinks before we start exploring the country tomorrow.
- Day 3 Entebbe - Murchison Falls
After breakfast, you'll catch your first glimpse of Uganda's wonderful wildlife with a drive through Kampala to the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. We will set off on a walking safari to spot rare southern white rhino, which have recently been re-introduced to the country.
In the afternoon, we'll travel on to Murchison Falls National Park, a region that's awash with dense rainforest and rolling savannah and has the Nile River flowing majestically through it. And, of course, the dramatic, cascading Murchison Falls at its heart.
- Day 4 Murchison Falls
- See more of the region's amazing animals on a morning game drive that takes you across savannah, through Borassus palm forest and down to Lake Albert, one of Africa's Great Lakes. Along the way, we'll spot all manner of spectacular species, from the Big Five to various native birds and reptiles.
Later in the day, you'll get to experience the National Park from the water as we take a boat ride up the Nile to Murchison Falls. View the impressive cascades from below, including watching huge Nile crocodiles basking in the pools, before hiking to the summit to see where water gushes dramatically through a seven-metre gap.
- Day 5 Murchison Falls – Fort Portal – Kibale National Park
- There will be plenty of driving today as we venture to Kibale National Park, another of Uganda's magnificent wildlife regions that's known as the 'Primate Capital of the World'. On the way, we'll pass through dozens of tea plantations (don't worry, there will even be the chance to stop at one for a tour and tasting), as well as Fort Portal, an attractive town that's unique in Uganda for having an English name. Enjoy sights like Tooro Botanical Gardens or visit Fort Portal's vibrant markets to sample local delicacies before we continue to our next hotel.
- Day 6 Chimpanzee Tracking
Lush rainforest covers a massive amount of Kibale National Park, making it the ideal habitat for 13 different species of primate. Today, you'll get to see some of these playful animals first-hand during a chimpanzee-tracking experience led by a knowledgeable expert.
After this unforgettable experience we'll be hosted for a Toora lunch at Tinka's homestay – a humble Ugandan who is delighted to share his culture and tradition with us. This afternoon we will have a guided walk of the Bogodi swamps before heading to the Fort Portal markets to have a taste of local living and see the fresh ingredients used by Tinka himself.
- Day 7 Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Today we will enjoy a scenic game drive on our way through nearby Queen Elizabeth National Park. Uganda's most popular game reserve, it stretches from the crater-dotted foothills of the northern Rwenzori Mountains, along the shores of shimmering Lake Edward, to the remote Ishasha River in the south.
Embark on an adventure through the incredibly biodiverse Queen Elizabeth National Park, soaking up its volcanic craters, grassy plains, papyrus swamps, tropical forests and giant lakes. This afternoon we arrive at our lodge.
- Day 8 Queen Elizabeth National Park - Game Drive on Kazinga Channel
- This morning we have an early morning game drive. The reserve is teeming with over 100 species of mammals, including a plethora of primates. Look out for chimps, black-and-white colobus monkeys, olive baboons and red-tailed monkeys, among others.
For the afternoon we enjoy a different perspective and board a boat on the Kazinga Channel for a chance to see one of the world's largest populations of hippos. It's quite a sight!
- Day 9 Game Drive in Ishasha – Bwindi National Park
- Continue on to your fourth Ugandan National Park.
The route takes you through Ishasha to spot tree-climbing lions. Yes, you read that right – lions that climb trees. They're utterly unique to this part of the world. Later, we'll arrive at Bwindi National Park, famed for its densely packed and aptly named Impenetrable Forest. The lush, forested park provides the perfect refuge for mountain gorillas as well as elephants, chimps, antelopes and more than 23 species of bird..
- Day 10 Gorilla Tracking- Lake Bunyonyi
- Rise early and prepare yourself for the highlight of your holiday – gorilla tracking. This memorable excursion is one of the most exciting wildlife experiences on the planet, and it can take up to six hours to spot the majestic giants. You'll be led by an expert ranger who'll educate you on the gorillas and the forest's unique flora and fauna.
Afterwards, we'll drive to Lake Bunyonyi that's said to be the second deepest lake in Africa. It's also known as the 'place of little birds' due to its vast population of water birds. Take some time to soak up the sight of its magical misty islands and the surrounding verdant hills.
- Day 11 Lake Bunyonyi - Emburara Eco Farm
- Enjoy a morning at leisure on Lake Bunyonyi. You can relax and make the most of your beautiful surroundings by taking to the lake on a canoe or dive in for a refreshing swim. End your memorable tour with a luxury stay at the Emburara Eco Farm Lodge. The peaceful property is committed to wildlife conservation, as well as caring for its herd of treasured long-horned Ankole cattle. You'll arrive in time for an evening interactive farm experience and hear your hosts' story. Your last evening will be celebrated with a large campfire and local dance and music.
- Day 12 Entebbe - UK
- Journey back towards Kampala, crossing the equator along the way as we transfer you to Entebbe for your flight home.
- Best Western Hotel Entebbe
- Lake Heights
- This hotel is located near the airport and offers free WiFi and an outdoor swimming pool. Rooms have flat screen TV with cable and satellite channels, a desk, minibar and kettle. All units have a private bathroom and toiletries.
- Praa Safari Lodge
- Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is in Murchison Falls National Park. Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure.The safari décor of the lodge still reflects the bygone era of early explorers but with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood movie ""The African Queen"" (starring Katharine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart). In our standard single, double and twin rooms, you will find a simple safari atmosphere with a level of comfort that will not disappoint. These rooms are perfectly situated to view the lodge’s swimming pool, as well as the winding River Nile beyond. ROOM FACILITIES Air Conditioning, Balcony / Deck, Clothes Press, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Disabled Rooms, Dressing Gowns, En-Suite, Fan, Fridge, Hair Dryer, Internet, Lounge Area, Pure Cotton Linen, Safe, Satellite / Cable Television, Shower, Smoking Rooms Verandah PROPERTY FACILITIES 24-hour Security, Bar, Barbeque Facilities, Business Centre, Conference Centre, Disability Services, Eco Friendly, Gym, Gym (nearby), Internet Access, Pool, Secure Parking
- Mountain of the Moon Hotel
- Mountains of the Moon Hotel and Resort sits on 15 acres of landscaped gardens with views of the Rwenzori Mountains from where the hotel takes its name. The hotel is located within walking distance of Fort Portal town. The pool has a swimming pool and a bar. Rooms are equpped with internet access, TV, private bathroom and a balcony
- Mweya Safari Lodge
- Mweya Safari Lodge is loctaed on a peninsula within the heart of the Queen Elizabeth National Park, Mweya Safari Lodge is surrounded by the magical Rwenzori Mountains aptly described as the ''Mountains of the Moon'' and overlooks the Kazinga Channel which links two of the Nile''s great lakes – Lake George and Lake Edward. Mweya Safari Lodge offers visitors a spectacular experience of luxury in the wilderness. All of the rooms have wonderful views of the channel. Standard Rooms In our standard single, double and twin rooms, you will find a simple safari atmosphere with a level of comfort that will not disappoint. The rooms are perfectly situated to view the picturesque Lakes George and Edward. One can also view the Rwenzori Mountains while sitting on the balcony watching the warthogs graze. Additional Features: Electronic Safes Telephone All rooms have Balcony doors Fans En-suite bathroom "
- Silverback Lodge
- Silverback Lodge is perched on high, atop the valley overlooking Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The view is absolutely stunning and the best place to enjoy après-tracking cocktails. With only 12 ensuite rooms with shower.Rooms have a veranda and mosquito nets are provided.
- Bird Nest Resort
- The Birdnest @ Bunyonyi Resort is located in South-West Uganda. The borders of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, and even Tanzania are nearby.
The guestrooms feature a TV and free Wi-Fi. While staying here, guests can relax in the swimming pool, a pool table available for entertainment and room service offered for all meals. The restaurant & bar serves a wide range of meals prepared with fresh quality ingredients.
- Enmburara Lodge
- This luxury farm lodge is a great way to end this magificent tour. It derives its name from a local tall gras called Emburara which covers the local area and is the best fodder for the treasured Ankole Cattle. Rooms are ensuite and have free wifi and a fridge. There is a pool and fitness centre at the hotel.