Tulips From Amsterdam
Stay overnight in Amsterdam and make your own discoveries, before cruising Lake Markermeer towards Hoorn. The picturesque town of Enkhuizen is your next port of call, and then you'll cruise the Ijsselmeer to Lemmer. Another overnight stay in Amsterdam rounds off your holiday, when there's an option to visit Keukenhof Gardens and admire the spectacular tulips.
Sailing from Amsterdam, discover Dutch culture and traditions as you step ashore in charming Giethoorn, explore historic Alkmaar and visit the renowned Keukenhof Gardens.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with KLM
- 5 nights all inclusive on board 4-star ship MS France
- 14 meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners featuring regional specialities and all drinks (excluding Champagne & selected wines)
- Specialist Local Guide
- Captain's welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Onboard entertainment
- Complimentary Wi-fi on board
- A full programme of optional shore excursions
- Day 1 UK to Amsterdam
- You'll fly to Amsterdam today, where, on arrival we'll transfer you to your ship. After you've settled into your cabin, meet the captain, crew and your travelling companions as you enjoy a cocktail before dinner.
Later, you might choose to board another boat for an optional tour of the city via its famous canals.
- Day 2 Amsterdam
- Amsterdam is famed for its picturesque canals, world-renowned museums and many architectural treasures. On our optional guided tour this morning, you'll discover the De Rieker Windmill, which has featured in many of Rembrandt's paintings, as well as the city's Diamond District, which is home to a dozen or so diamond factories. Alternatively, you may have chosen to take in Amsterdam's sights by bicycle.
This afternoon, return to the ship and enjoy the facilities on board as we sail to Lemmer.
- Day 3 Lemmer & Enkhuizen
- From Lemmer this morning you can join an optional excursion to the charming waterside village of Giethoorn. Here, a network of waterways flow past pretty thatched farmhouses, and we'll appreciate its tranquil beauty on a cruise.
This afternoon we sail to Enkhuizen, where our ship will moor overnight. This picturesque town boasts a lovely harbour and plenty of historic buildings and monuments, so why not step ashore with your travelling companions and explore.
- Day 4 Hoorn
- This morning we'll cruise to Hoorn, a prosperous town with a lovely harbour. The infamous Cape Horn is named after the town, which was home to Dutch explorer Willem Schouten, who was first to sail around it.
From here, we can visit the historic town of Alkmaar, and depending on your choice of optional excursions you'll explore by bicycle or on foot. Highlights include the Public Weigh House, dating from the 16th century, the 17th century Town Hall and the impressive St Laurenskerk Church. The town is also known for its cheese, so we'll visit the Cheese Museum here.
Back on board we'll enjoy an evening of entertainment as we head back to Amsterdam.
- Day 5 Amsterdam
- A fabulous optional excursion is on offer today, the chance to visit the beautiful Keukenhof Gardens, which open for just a few weeks each year. During that time, around seven million bulbs are in full bloom, including hundreds of different types of tulip.
Back on board the ship there's a gala dinner to look forward to this evening, with entertainment and dancing.
- Day 6 Amsterdam to UK
- After breakfast on board the ship, we'll disembark and transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- MS Symphonie
- Discover Amsterdam by night
- Walking tour of Amsterdam & visit to a diamond merchant, or guided bicycle ride in Amsterdam
- Guided tour of Giethoorn
- Alkmaar & its Cheese Museum, or guided bicycle ride
- Keukenhof Gardens
Back to top
The above optional excursions can be pre-booked from just £190 per person on the Explorer package and £220 per person on the Discovery package