Treasures Of Andalucia
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSESM
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 4
Enjoy the Spanish way of life in Andalucia, an enthralling destination boasting a mild Mediterranean climate. From your base in Mijas, a lovely town nestled between the sea and the Sierra de Mijas Mountains, you’ll visit the cosmopolitan city of Malaga, birthplace of the artist Picasso. You’ll also head inland to the town of Ronda, where an 18th century bridge spans a deep gorge, explore Frigiliana’s maze of cobbled streets and discover the lovely sandy beaches of Nerja. Trips further afield to Gibraltar and the Alhambra Palace in Granada are possible, and there’s also plenty of time to get to know Mijas with its cobbled streets and historic sights.
Enjoy the Spanish way of life in Andalucia, an enthralling destination boasting a mild Mediterranean climate. Admire the whitewashed houses clinging to the hilltop towns of Mijas and Ronda, discover Picasso's birthplace, Malaga, and relax on Nerja's sandy beaches.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from London City with British Airways.
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Welcome & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Wi-Fi on board your coach
- Malaga tour
- Visit Ronda
- Frigiliana & Nerja tour
- Day 1 UK to Malaga
- You'll fly to Malaga today and transfer to Mijas, a lovely town nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de Mijas Mountains. Our hotel is set between the beach and the mountains, just a five-minute walk from the centre of town and after time to settle in, we'll get to know one another better over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Malaga
- Today's included excursion will introduce us to the highlights of Malaga, a cosmopolitan city set on the shores of the Mediterranean. Famed as the birthplace of artist Picasso, it is enveloped by 3,000 years of history, making it one of the oldest cities in the world.
- Day 3 Ronda
- Admire magnificent scenery as we drive to the lovely cliff-top town of Ronda. Enjoying a spectacular location on a towering plateau, the town is divided by El Tajo, a precipitous gorge more than 600ft deep. On one side of the gorge stands the old Moorish town of La Ciudad, with the more modern El Mercadillo part of town on the other. El Tajo is spanned by the 18th century Puente Nuevo Bridge, we'll take in the fabulous views from here and look down to the waters of the River Guadalevin below.
- Day 4 Granada
- Spend a day at leisure enjoying the facilities at your hotel. You could relax by the pool, be pampered at the health and beauty club or maybe head to a nearby beach to unwind. Alternatively, you could choose to join our optional excursion to Granada and the stunning Alhambra Palace. Standing high on a hill overlooking the city, the palace was built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th centuries and has been added to over time to become a magnificent complex of pink stone courtyards, pools, fountains, grand halls and cool patios.
- Day 5 Frigiliana & Nerja
- The beautiful hilltop village of Frigiliana, situated in the foothills of the Almijara Mountains, is our first stop on today's included excursion. It is a maze of cobbled streets and its historic centre has a distinctively Moorish appearance. Explore, relax with your travelling companions in a traditional bar or restaurant, and maybe shop for local handicrafts such as ceramics and lace. Next we'll continue on to Nerja, with its lovely sandy beaches and hidden coves. Once a sleepy fishing village, its old quarter remains virtually unchanged, with narrow, winding streets lined with whitewashed houses and wrought-iron terraces overflowing with aromatic geraniums.
- Day 6 Gibraltar
- Explore at your own pace today. The centre of Mijas with its charming cobbled streets, bars, restaurants and stunning views is just a five-minute walk from our hotel. Why not venture out with your travelling companions to discover its historic sights, such as the oval bullring, the 16th century Shrine of Virgen de la Peña and the Church of San Sebastian, noted for its wonderful façade.
If you want to travel a bit further afield, you could join our optional excursion to Gibraltar.
- Day 7 Mijas
- Enjoy a further day at leisure today. Maybe you'll decide to relax and soak up the sun on the hotel's terrace or perhaps you'll wander into Mijas with your fellow travellers to sample the cuisine in one of the local cafés or bars. This evening we'll gather for a farewell drink, the perfect end to an amazing holiday.
- Day 8 Malaga to UK
- We'll fly back to the UK today.
- Mijas TRH Hotel
- This charming Andalucian hotel is built in a traditional style and offers breathtaking views of the sea. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, sun terrace, tennis court, health and beauty club, sauna, and swimming pool, typically open May to September. Guest rooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, telephone and hairdryer.
- Alhambra Palace
Pre-bookable excursions: The above optional excursions can be pre-booked as a package from just £150Back to top