Stuttgart Christmas Markets
Discover the Christmas markets in Stuttgart, Esslingen and Ludwigsburg on this magical break in Germany. Soak up the festive atmosphere, admire the twinkling lights and sample an array of tasty treats including 'hutzelbrot', a spiced fruit bread, and hot mulled wine.
Discover the Christmas markets in Stuttgart, Esslingen and Ludwigsburg on this magical break in Germany.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners including a welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Guided walking tour of Stuttgart including a tasting of 'Hutzelbrot', a spiced fruit bread
- Explore the Esslingen Medieval & Christmas Market & sample mead & 'Ritterfladen', a type of flatbread
- Visit the Ludwigsburg Baroque Christmas Market & enjoy a glass of mulled wine or punch
- Day 1 UK - Stuttgart
- Today you'll fly to the German city of Stuttgart. On arrival we will transfer you to your hotel and you'll get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink and dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Stuttgart Christmas Market
- We'll spend this morning getting to know Stuttgart as we explore on foot with a Local Guide. We'll learn about the history of the city's Christmas market, said to be one of oldest, largest and most beautiful in Europe. Festive stalls, adorned with sparkling lights, create a magical atmosphere in the heart of the city, We'll have plenty of time to browse and will sample 'hutzelbrot', a spiced fruit bread.
- Day 3 Esslingen
- We're heading to Esslingen today, an enchanting medieval city full of fairy-tale half-timbered houses. Here, at the Medieval and Christmas markets, take a step back in time as merchants dressed in historical costumes sell their wares as they would have in years gone by. Watch as blacksmiths, glassblowers and other craftsmen demonstrate their skills, and musicians, jugglers and street entertainers perform. It's a unique and unforgettable spectacle, where stalls sell everything from Christmas decorations and handmade toys to delicious snacks and steaming hot cups of glühwein. As we explore, we'll enjoy a tasting of mead and 'Ritterfladen', a type of flatbread.
Back at the hotel, we'll enjoy dinner together this evening.
- Day 4 Ludwigsburg
- This morning we're off to the Ludwigsburg Baroque Christmas market. With its thousands of tiny twinkling lights, majestic angel figures with glittering wings, and beautifully illuminated baroque churches it really is a sight to behold. Listen to Christmas carols, enjoy the spicy aroma of gingerbread, and sip a glass of mulled wine or punch as you wander around stalls selling an array of traditional handicrafts.
Dinner will be served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 5 Stuttgart - UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Ibis Styles Stuttgart
- Your hotel is located in Stuttgart''s Bad Cannstatt district, opposite the spa town''s mineral baths. The U-Bahn stop is just a 2-minute walk away, and is about 20 minutes by train from the centre of Stuttgart. Facilities include a restaurant, a bar and fitness centre. Guest rooms feature private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, Wifi.