St Lucia: Island In The Sun
- Duration: 9 days
- Board Basis:
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSSLU
- Travel Type: Air
If you're looking for the ultimate Caribbean retreat, put St Lucia – a paradise isle where natural beauty abounds – right to the top of your list! Admire the island's famous towering twin volcanoes, the Pitons, learn how to rustle up traditional Creole cuisine and taste exotic fruit and local rum. You can try out your bartering skills with a visit to the markets in its capital, Castries, or maybe head off on a whale-watching cruise. Enjoy a thrilling safari by land and sea, with rainforests, waterfalls and the chance to snorkel in crystal-clear waters just some of the highlights, and then get away from it all as you soak up the sun on stunning white-sand beaches.
If you're looking for the ultimate Caribbean retreat, put St Lucia – a paradise isle where natural beauty abounds – right to the top of your list! Get away from it all as you relax on white-sand beaches and enjoy the excitement of a rainforest safari.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with Virgin Atlantic or British Airways
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 7 nights in a 3-star hotel plus 1 night in flight
- 9 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 Dinner
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell dinner
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Taste of St Lucia
- Soufriere safari by land & sea
- Day 1 UK to St Lucia
- Depart on your scheduled flight to St Lucia today. This tropical paradise of white-sand beaches backed by the sparkling Caribbean Sea is home to the famous towering twin volcanoes, the Pitons, which loom over the island's west coast. On arrival, transfer to your hotel in Rodney Bay Village, which is your base for the next seven nights.
- Day 2 St Lucia tour
- Join your Tour Manager for an included tour of St Lucia today, which begins with a drive through the countryside. We'll stop off for a stroll to discover some of St Lucia's more exotic plants and have the chance to sample freshly picked fruit. We'll also learn the art of Creole cooking before trying traditional dishes such as pepper pot stew, callaloo and plantain, and see how rum is distilled before enjoying a tasting.
- Day 3 Rodney Bay
- Discover more of the Rodney Bay area at your own pace today or spend your time relaxing in the Caribbean sun.
Alternatively, join our half-day optional excursion to St Lucia's capital Castries, which will introduce you to its hidden gems. We'll visit the local market, where you can try out your bartering skills as you shop for souvenirs, and we'll also see the process of silk-screening and watch a sculptor at work. There's the chance to enjoy some duty-free shopping before we head back to the hotel.
If you would like to do something more active, you can choose to join a different optional excursion altogether. You will embark on a hike of the Gros Piton, the highest of the island's famous volcanic peaks, which is reached via a scenic journey. We'll set off early and travel along the picturesque Morne Fortune hill, past banana plantations and through the traditional villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries, where we'll stop to taste local bread. We'll then drive through Soufriere to the foot of the Gros Piton. The hike - with one Local Guide per four climbers - is moderate to begin with and becomes more strenuous as we go higher, so we recommend this excursion to experienced hikers only.
- Day 4 Dolphin & Whale watching
- Today you could join our optional dolphin and whalewatching excursion. During this exciting boat trip you can also look out for many other types of incredible marine life that can be seen in the waters surrounding St Lucia. Alternatively spend today relaxing on the beach or enjoying the facilities at your hotel, which include two outdoor pools and a spa. Later, you could choose to join our optional sunset catamaran cruise. On this two-hour trip you’ll be served canapés, sparkling wine and a rum punch or two while listening to the sounds of a steel band and taking in the lovely views.
- Day 5 Land & Sea Safari
- Today we include a thrilling land and sea safari which takes us down the west coast to Soufriere. As we travel in an open-air Jeep we'll enjoy fascinating detours through small villages along the outskirts of the rainforest. If you're feeling thirsty along the way, don't worry, the vehicle will be well stocked with soft drinks and beer. We'll visit the Sulphur Springs, then head to Diamond Botanical Gardens and Waterfalls before lunch is served at its 18th century estate. After lunch, our return journey is made by boat, so top up your tan or relax in the shade and admire the gorgeous views of the Caribbean coast. There's a stop for snorkelling, and the boat will navigate Marigot Bay, which you may recognise as the setting for many films, including Dr Dolittle.
- Day 6 Rodney Bay
- Why not spend today relaxing on the beach or enjoying the facilities at your hotel, which include two outdoor pools and a spa.
- Day 7 Rodney Bay
- Reduit Beach, just along from Rodney Bay, where the Bay Gardens Resort sister hotel is located is simply stunning with gently shelving, clear waters and soft sand. Why not head here for a day at leisure. The hotel's free shuttle bus operates hourly from 9:30 and only takes ten minutes. This evening gather with your travelling companions for an included farewell dinner.
- Days 8 & 9 St Lucia to UK
- On day 8 we'll transfer to the airport for the flight back to the UK, arriving on day 9.
- Bay Gardens Hotel
- The Rodney Bay Gardens hotel is a boutique tropical retreat situated in the heart of Rodney Bay Village. Ideal for island explorers but also sets the scene for complete tranquility. During the days you can relax by the pool, where you’ll have a choice of 2 outdoor pools, or you can explore the surrounding areas where you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to white sandy beaches, fantastic scenery and restaurants and bars.
Hotel facilities include:
- Hotel restaurant
- Hotel Bar
- Swimming pools
- Sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols
- Reception with currency exchange
Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi and a private balcony or terrace with views of the lush gardens, tea and coffee-making facilities, hairdryer, cable television, mini fridge.
- Dolphin & whale-watching
- Shopping in Castries
- Sunset catamaran cruise
- Gros Piton hike
Please note: As the Castries shopping trip and the Gros Piton Hike take place at the same time, only one can be booked.Back to top