Rome, Naples & The Amalfi Coast
Enjoy a mesmerising mix of ancient cityscapes and coastal idylls with our relaxing Rome, Naples & Amalfi Coast tour. Step back in time in the Italian capital as you venture around labyrinthine cobbled streets. Then head to Naples and the Amalfi Coast for jaw-dropping panoramas and classic culinary delights. As well as marvelling at major monuments, you'll get a taste of authentic Italy with visits to famous wineries and a memorable evening hosted by a friendly local family near Sorrento.
Strike the perfect balance between ancient cityscapes and idyllic coastal scenery with our Rome, Naples & Amalfi Coast tour. Explore the capital's atmospheric labyrinthine streets before indulging in wine-tasting and culinary treats along the Amalfi Coast.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 8 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels
- 12 meals: 8 breakfasts, 4 dinners, including welcome drink and farewell dinner
- Special pizza-making experience in Naples - home of pizza!
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Walking tour of Rome
- Wine-tasting in Frascati
- Visit to Monte Cassino World War II cemetery
- Discovery tour of Pompeii
- Trip to Sorrento
- Adventure along the Amalfi Coast
- Farewell dinner in a local farmhouse
- Day 1 UK - Rome
- Fly into Rome and transfer straight to your hotel, which offers a free shuttle bus service throughout the day. You'll have time to settle in, enjoy a traditional Roman dinner and get to know your fellow travellers.
- Day 2 Rome
- Today, you'll have an introductory walking tour of Rome. Our knowledgeable Local Guide will give you a taster of the city's incredible ancient ruins and architectural wonders. Tick off the city's bucket-list attractions, from the ornate Trevi Fountain and imposing Pantheon to the Spanish Steps, which were made famous by the film Roman Holiday.
In the afternoon, continue exploring Rome's iconic architecture at your own pace or take advantage of our optional excursion to the Colosseum, which includes entering its legendary walls via a special gate once used by fearsome gladiators.
- Day 3 Rome - at Leisure
- There are countless more sights to explore in Rome, and today you'll have plenty of free time to discover major monuments like the Roman Forum or lesser-known neighbourhoods like arty Trastevere. Alternatively, you can join our tour and enjoy 'skip-the-line' entrance to the Vatican Museums and the sensational Sistine Chapel, and admire the intricate interiors designed and crafted by Michelangelo.
- Day 4 Frascati - Monte Cassino
- The next stop on our Italian adventure is Naples, a city made famous for its mythical links and, of course, for being the birthplace of tasty Neapolitan pizza. Before we delve into the city itself, we'll stop off at a vineyard in Frascati, a town celebrated for its crisp white wine. We'll then cruise through gorgeous countryside, pausing briefly at Monte Cassino to view the poignant World War II cemetery and ancient abbey that was partially destroyed during the 'Battle of Monte Cassino' in 1944.
- Day 5 Naples - at Leisure
- Make the most of Naples' art heritage during a day of leisurely sightseeing. Admire Duomo di San Gennaro's gorgeous frescoes or marvel at masterpieces created by Italian greats like Caravaggio at the Museo di Capodimonte. If you'd rather get out of the city, join our optional excursion to beautiful Capri. As well as a boat trip along the balmy Mediterranean coast, you'll uncover all four corners of the glamorous resort island.In the evening, recreate Naples' namesake pizza for your dinner under the careful instruction of an expert. You'll learn how to roll out, generously garnish and cook the Italian culinary classic in a proper pizza oven.
- Day 6 Pompeii
- Pompeii's ancient ruins are undeniably the stuff of legends. Tales of the city's heyday and its destruction will be vividly brought to life by a Local Guide on our unmissable walking tour. Afterwards, we'll journey down the coast to the picturesque village of Sant'Agata just four kilometres from the centre of Sorrento. Soak up sea views over the Gulfs of Naples and Salerno from your hotel or wander along one of the many trails from the village that lead straight to the ocean.
- Day 7 Sorrento - at Leisure
- Sweeping panoramas are what await you in Sorrento, the gateway to the Amalfi Coast. We'll transfer you from your hotel to the enchanting town, where you'll have a day all to yourself to explore its maze of charming alleyways and sample local delicacies like Limoncello. If you want some insight into traditional Italian cuisine, you could also indulge in an optional cookery class at lunchtime. We also offer an optional 'I 3 Tenori' opera evening in the Museum Correale's impressive hall. Inspired by the famous 'Three Tenors' concerts performed by Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo and José Carreras, you'll hear songs from iconic Italian operas, as well as some toe-tapping regional Neapolitan tunes.
- Day 8 Amalfi Coast
- The Amalfi Coast has long been a holiday hotspot thanks to its pastel-hued villages and idyllic coves. Today, we'll explore the region's most iconic towns, including Amalfi with its striped Byzantine buildings and Ravello, famed for its pleasure gardens. There will also be a stop at Positano to photograph the bright boutiques and quaint cafés that cling to its cliffs. Finally, you'll end your exploration of Italy with a memorable farewell dinner hosted by a local family in their Sorrento farmhouse. You'll get to see how they craft their homemade melt-in-the-mouth mozzarella, then tuck into a traditional meal cooked by a friendly Italian grandma.
- Day 9 Naples - UK
- Today we'll transfer you to Naples airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Park Hotel Dei Massimi
- Park Hotel Dei Massimi is set in a quiet, residential area of Rome. It offers a free scheduled shuttle to the Vatican 3 times in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. The rooms come with air conditioning, satellite TV and tea and coffee facilities. Some rooms have a private balcony. Sony Playstations are available on request. Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby.
- Montespina Park Hotel
- The 4-star Montespina Park Hotel is quietly situated on a hill, from which it takes its name just outside the hustle and bustle of Naples. The hotel is surrounded by a 30000 sqm park with secular trees, flowers and luxuriant citrus fruit trees typical to this area. Facilities include a bar, restaurant serving traditional and Mediterranean cuisine and a beautiful swimming pool (bathing cap required).
- Hotel Delle Palme
- The Hotel Delle Palme is situated in the centre of Sant Agata, a beautiful hamlet in the hills above Sorrento. Sant A''gata sui du Golfi is one of the most famous places to stay in Sorrento, situated 400m above sea level and enjoys fresh air and a mild climate.
The hotel was originally a 19th century villa, and was then transformed into a holiday villa but the ancient tradition of hospitality and attentive service remains today. The hotel is situated within large grounds with pine, firs, cedar and magnolia trees, and is within walking distance to the village centre which is home to some restaurants and shops. The hotel is located in a strategic position on the ridge of the Sorrento Peninsula.
The hotel restaurant serves traditional local specialties and are typical to the Mediterranean cuisine, much of the ingredients are locally and seasonally sourced, alongside a wide selection of local wines. The rooms are comfortable and all have private bathrooms with bath / or shower, hairdryer, TV, air conditioning, telephone, safe and, on request, mini bar.
- Colosseum entrance
- 'Skip-the-line' entrance to Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel
- Visit the enchanting island of Capri
- Sorrento cookery class & lunch
- 'Three Tenors' musical evening in Sorrento
Back to top