Rome - A Christmas Blessing
This Christmas break in the 'Eternal City' of Rome comes with many wonderful experiences. You'll spend a day discovering all its famous sights, including the iconic Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the ornate Trevi Fountain. However, the most memorable highlight has to be the opportunity to hear the Pope's Urbi et Orbi message at the Vatican City. That surely makes this a Christmas you will never forget.
Discover Rome's famous sights and join the crowds at the Vatican City to hear the Pope's Christmas message on this memorable festive break.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 9 included meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 4 dinners including Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day lunch with mince pies, plus a welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Walking tour of Rome including Spanish Steps & Trevi Fountain
- Hear the Pope's Urbi et Orbi message at the Vatican City
- Day 1 UK - Rome
- Depart on your flight to Rome today. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel, which is located in the heart of the city and close to many of its star attractions, including the Trevi Fountain.
After you've settled into your room, why not venture out and soak up some of the sights. Back at the hotel, you can get to know your travelling companions this evening over dinner.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Rome
- Today's the day that we really get to know Rome.
After breakfast we'll begin with a walking tour with an expert Local Guide, who will bring this exceptional city's history roaring to life. We'll take a close look at famous attractions including the Spanish Steps, which join the Piazza di Spagna with the Church of Trinità dei Monti, and the incredibly ornate Trevi Fountain.
This afternoon you will have some free time to discover even more of Rome's main sights. You could pass the magnificent Colosseum, where gladiators would fight for public entertainment in the 1st century, and also see the Roman Forum, around which ancient Rome was built.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, the Vatican City
- It's Christmas Day and we've a really special experience this morning which will make this a Christmas to remember. We'll head to St Peter's Square in the Vatican City, where we'll join the crowds who have gathered to hear the Urbi et Orbi message delivered by Pope Francis from the balcony of St Peter's Basilica. After hearing the pontiff's blessing for the world and soaking up what is sure to be a truly magical atmosphere, we'll return to the hotel.
Our festive celebrations continue as we are served a special Christmas lunch with mince pies. Spend the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the company of your fellow travellers.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Rome - at leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend just as you please. You might choose to discover more of Rome's highlights independently or with your fellow travellers.
As an alternative, we offer an optional half-day trip to the Villa D'Este. In the company of your Tour Manager, you'll explore this 16th century villa, which is located in the hilltop town of Tivoli. It is most famous for its Italian Renaissance garden, where we'll see a beautiful collection of fountains, water features and sculptures.
- Day 5 Rome - UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio
- This historic hotel in the heart of Rome oozes charm and is just steps from many of the city''s iconic attractions. Facilities include an atmospheric restaurant featuring wood panelling and an important collection of original paintings and prints, a bar and a renowned wine cellar. Guest rooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, safe, mini-bar, TV, hairdryer and free Wi-fi.
- Discover the beautiful gardens of the Villa d’Este