Prague, Vienna & Budapest
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSECV
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 2
This trio of Eastern European capitals all have their own unique charms. Discover them as you stroll Prague's medieval streets, admire Vienna's opulent architecture set against a backdrop of alpine scenery and explore Budapest's impressive sites.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- 7 nights half-board in 4-star hotels
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guides
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- See Prague's highlights on a walking tour
- See Vienna's famous sights including the Schönbrunn Palace
- Enjoy a Czech beer party with live music
- Visit the historic town of Eisenstadt
- Dinner in an Austrian restaurant with local specialities
- See both sides of Hungary's capital Budapest
- Enjoy a farewell dinner aboard a floating restaurant in the centre of Budapest
- Day 1 UK to Prague
- You'll fly to Prague today, where you'll get to know your travelling companions over a drink and dinner at your hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Prague
- Prague is known as the 'Golden City', and few visitors could fail to be impressed by the immense architecture, deep sense of history and fascinating traditions that abound here.
The compact centre of Prague's old town is easily explored on foot - and on our walking tour we'll see all the main sights including Wenceslas Square, the main square with its famous Astronomical Clock, and the 14th century Charles Bridge, where local artists display their creations and musicians serenade onlookers.
During a free afternoon you could explore further at your own pace or in the company of your travelling companions. Perhaps head to the Jewish quarter, where the old cemetery showcases a different aspect of Prague's past. Alternatively, why not join an optional lunch cruise on the River Vltava.
This evening we'll attend a Czech beer party including dinner, music and of course, some of the Prague's famous beer.
- Day 3 Telc & Vienna
- Vienna is Austria's stylish capital and arguably one of Europe's most intensely ornate and beautiful cities. It is renowned throughout the world for its fascinating architecture and above all, its historic association with music.
Before arrival we'll visit Telc, one of the most picturesque towns in the Czech Republic, whose UNESCO-listed centre boasts a beautiful chateau and well-preserved square.
- Day 4 Vienna
- We'll discover the many famous sights of Vienna on our morning tour, from the imposing Gothic spire of St Stephen's Cathedral to the grandeur of the Hofburg Palace and the Rococo style of the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace. We'll also visit the Opera House and Musikverein.
The city is famous for its café culture, and relaxing over an Austrian coffee and enjoying a slice of the famous Sacher cake is a welcome tradition - perhaps you'll choose to try it for yourself after your tour. In the evening we'll enjoy traditional live music with a dinner of local specialities.
- Day 5 Vienna Woods & Baden
- Vienna Woods is a beautiful forested region offering glorious vistas. On today's optional excursion we will take a gentle stroll to appreciate the charm of this area. Here you'll have the chance to visit the Abbey of Heiligenkreuzor, where you might be lucky enough to hear the resident monks singing Gregorian chant.
In the delightful old spa town of Baden spend your time browsing in the traditional shops or taking in the splendid scenery. This evening we'll head to a schnitzel house to sample this classic Viennese dish.
If you'd like to attend a concert, you can enjoy the works of Mozart and Strauss during an optional evening out in Vienna.
- Day 6 Eisenstadt
- We'll visit the historic town of Eisenstadt, the capital of Austria's Burgenland region, before reaching Budapest later today.
- Day 7 Budapest
- Hungary's capital is split in two by the majestic Danube River, with the historic quarters of Buda on one side and the modern buildings and busy streets of Pest on the other. They are linked by eight bridges spanning the river so it's possible for you to spend your time wandering between the two sides.
Today we include a tour of the city. Budapest's major sites reside on both sides of the river - we'll call at the impressive Heroes' Square, St Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion, which boasts unrivalled views along the expanse of the Danube and to parliamentary buildings on the Pest side of the river.
Take time in the afternoon to explore at your own pace before we head back to the hotel. This evening we'll enjoy a farewell dinner on a boat moored on the Danube, in the heart of Budapest.
- Day 8 Budapest to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK today.
- Lindner Hotel Prague Castle
- Located in the historic centre of Prague, just a few steps from the famous Prague Castle and the Prague Eiffel Tower, the Lindner Hotel Prague Castle is set in the grounds of the Strahov Monastery, in a heritage building dated back to the 16th century. The elegent charm of Prague is reflected in the hotel''s design and interior. Facilities includes a courtyard, a restaurant, offering Czech and international cuisine, a bar and a wellness area. The rooms are elegant and, in places, includes 16th century original wood panelling. Room facilities include air-conditioning, wi-fi, cable TV, minibar, bathrobe and tea and coffee facilities.
- Hotel Fleming Conference
- The 4-star Hotel Fleming Conference is located in Vienna''s city centre, only a 5-minute walk from the train station and biggest shopping street Mariahilferstrabe. Facilites include a Brasserie & wine bar and a wellness area with Finnish sauna, steam bath, relaxation room and a modern fitness centre. Rooms are modern and stylish with air-condition, wi-fi, safe. The glass-walled shower cabin with granite and stainless steel is located in the middle of the room.
- La Prima Fashion Hotel
- Prague boat cruise including lunch
- Mozart & Strauss concert (pre-bookable only)
- Enjoy a stroll through Vienna Woods & Baden including a tour of Heiligenkreuz Abbey