Palm Springs & Beyond
Palm Springs is a playground of legendary movie stars, with an exciting dining scene, shops, bars and markets galore. Our Palm Springs & Beyond tour is a fun, flexible getaway in this vibrant destination, allowing you to relax and unwind or be as adventurous as you like. Explore the vast wilderness of Joshua Tree National Park, see the elaborate homes of famous celebrities with a Local Guide and dine on world-class cuisine at renowned restaurants. For the ultimate in relaxation, you'll stay in a resort with mountain views, an indulgent spa and a sparkling swimming pool, right in the heart of the action.
Walk in the footsteps of legendary movie stars on our Palm Springs & Beyond tour. Shop, dine, relax and adventure into the vast wilderness on a fun, flexible getaway in this vibrant destination.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host and Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 5 nights in a hotel of a great standard plus 1 night in flight
- 6 meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner including a welcome drink
- Dinner and show at the Purple Room where the Rat Pack once performed
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Guided tour of Palm Springs
- Exploration of the incredible Joshua Tree National Park
- Visit to VillageFest
- Day 1 UK - Palm Springs
- Get excited for your flight to Los Angeles today! We'll meet you at the airport for your transfer to Palm Springs for a five-night stay at our centrally located hotel with beautiful mountain views. Enjoy a welcome drink and meet your fellow travelling companions this evening.
- Day 2 Palm Springs
- Get to know what was once referred to as 'Hollywood's playground' on our morning tour around Palm Springs. From the 1950s, this dazzling destination hosted superstars such as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby and Lucille Ball on relaxing escapes from the bright lights of LA. That's not to say the city doesn't abound with scandalous stories though! Our very own Local Guide will point out the homes of the rich and famous, including Sinatra House which now hosts the star-studded parties of today's celebs.This afternoon, take time to refresh in the hotel's swimming pool, explore the city or join us for an optional tour on the world's largest rotating tramcar. The Aerial Tramway traverses the cities of Greater Palm Springs, including Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells and La Quinta. You'll see them all on the backdrop of desert landscapes and the Coachella Valley. The Mountain Station rests at an elevation of more than 8,500 feet and hosts restaurants, a natural history museum and observation decks for panoramic photos.
- Day 3 Palm Springs - Joshua Tree National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park is home to scenes that wouldn't be out of place in a science fiction movie. Two fascinating ecosystems combine with the meeting of the Mojave and Colorado deserts to create a magical wildness of diverse plants, animals and incredible geological features. The whimsical namesake trees are a highlight, with their dagger-like leaves and twisted, sprawling branches dotting the vast desert plains. This is a renowned bird lover's paradise, so bring your binoculars to spot year-round residents like the roadrunner, mockingbirds, rock wrens and the red-tailed hawk. You might also see unique lizards and ground squirrels. After our spectacular adventure in nature, we'll return to Palm Springs for a memorable dinner. The famed Purple Room once hosted the Rat Pack for both performances and parties in the swinging 60s, and we'll soak up the celebrity vibe tonight over a delicious meal.
- Day 4 Palm Springs - at Leisure
- There's so much to do on a free day in this leisurely city. Get your shopping fix at an incredible array of outlet malls, designer fashion stores, art galleries and boutiques in downtown Palm Springs. Visit the Palm Springs Art Museum, with numerous galleries displaying glasswork, photography and art by Picasso, Andy Warhol, Ansel Adams and many more. Choose your own evening entertainment from a stellar line-up of restaurants, bars and lounges, or join us for a stargazing tour with a Local Guide. We'll journey to the San Andreas Fault, a land of towering canyons and ancient fossil beds across an active earthquake fault system. Witness day transition to night as we embark on an exciting 4WD exploration, to a natural palm oasis and a private reserve to learn about the area's history. Then, gaze in awe at the brilliantly lit night sky as we settle in for stargazing.
- Day 5 Palm Springs - at Leisure
- After so much excitement, you might like to make the most of our hotel's facilities today and sink into pure relaxation. Laze on a lounger on the sun terrace by the outdoor pool or soak up mountain views from idyllic patios. Pamper yourself at the day spa, with treatments ranging from massages to facials and hot tub facilities. For lunch, you'll find a range of bistros, pubs and steakhouses just steps from the resort. In the afternoon, consider a trip to the Palm Springs Air Museum, showcasing extensive collections and memorabilia of World War II aircraft and pilots.This evening, our trip coincides with the popular VillageFest. Downtown Palm Springs transforms into a bustling hub of entertainment, artists and stalls along the famous Palm Canyon Drive. Shop for fresh local produce and sweets, or find unique jewellery, crafts and gifts to take home as souvenirs. When your bags are bursting, sit back and relax with a drink while watching performance artists. If you don't want the night to end, you'll be in the heart of some of the best restaurants, bars and entertainment venues in Palm Springs.
- Day 6 Palm Springs - UK
- Today we’ll see yousafely back to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Day 7 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today to unpack all your new treasures and relive your memories of a fabulous Palm Springs getaway.
- Palm Mountain Resort & Spa
- The Palm Mountain Resort has an ideal setting in downtown Palm Springs, amongst some great restaurants, shops and boutiques. Hotel facilities include an outdoor pool and a spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning and a TV.
- Aerial Tramway ride
- Jeep tour to the San Andreas Fault with stargazing
Back to top