New York City
The Big Apple, The City That Never Sleeps, The Empire State, no matter what you call New York, it is one of the most exciting cities in the world. This short break gives you the chance to see many of its most iconic landmarks, beginning in its beating heart, Times Square. Cast your gaze skywards to the Empire State Building, the world's tallest structure for more than 40 years, and make a poignant visit to the site of the World Trade Center. You'll explore Central Park with a knowledgeable guide and see Manhattan's highlights as you enjoy a lunchtime cruise, sipping a drink as you circle the remarkable Statue of Liberty. This thrilling destination is certain to exceed all your expectations.
As you explore the city that never sleeps, from Times Square to the Statue of Liberty, New York will exceed all your expectations.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return direct flights from Heathrow with United Airlines
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 3 nights in a hotel of a great standard in the heart of Manhattan plus 1 night in flight
- 5 included meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner including a welcome drink
- New York sightseeing tour
- Manhattan sightseeing lunch cruise
- Tour of Central Park
- Fifth Avenue walk
- Day 1 UK - New York
- You'll fly to New York today, where we we'll transfer you to your hotel. The heart of this exciting city is Times Square, where neon lights illuminate every structure, flashing newsreels encircle tower blocks and the latest advertising campaigns and movie scores beam from interactive billboards.
A welcome dinner and drink this evening gives you the perfect opportunity to get to know your travelling companions.
- Day 2 New York
- Exciting sights, iconic structures, fascinating museums and famous districts are exactly what New York is all about, and our half-day tour is a great way to get to grips with what's on offer. A Local Guide will ensure you see all the hotspots, including the Empire State Building, Wall Street, Broadway, One World Trade Center, the Chrysler Building and Chinatown.
A great way to appreciate the Manhattan skyline is from the water, and a lunch cruise with live piano music provides the ideal opportunity. We'll pass under the famous bridges of Brooklyn and Williamsburg and circle the Statue of Liberty - this symbol of freedom and democracy is one of the most recognisable landmarks in the world.
We offer an optional tour this evening, giving you the chance to discover New York by night. You'll return to the Empire State building and head to the top of its 102 floors to enjoy fantastic views of the city beautifully illuminated against the night sky.
- Day 3 New York
- Central Park is a six-mile emerald-green haven known as New York's 'backyard'. To reach it today we'll hop on the Subway, which is something you must experience when in this thrilling city!
On arrival, we'll meet our knowledgeable Local Guide who will tell us all about the history, planning and development of this vast expanse of greenery. Depending on the route we take, highlights may include the statues of Alice in Wonderland and Hans Christian Andersen, and Strawberry Fields. This section of the park is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon, and here you can sit and enjoy the Imagine mosaic beneath the shade of American elms. The world-famous singer, songwriter and peace activist was murdered outside his apartment in the Dakota building, opposite the park.
We'll stop for a break at the park's Boathouse Restaurant, where you can take in lovely views over the lake as you enjoy something to eat or drink. Next, we'll pass through the entrance to Central Park Zoo, where if we time it just right we'll see the sea lions at feeding time and the Delacorte Musical Clock in action at noon!
We then leave the park and head out on to Fifth Avenue, the world's most expensive shopping street. Why not step inside the famous jewellery store Tiffany & Co, or explore the renowned department store Saks Fifth Avenue. A whole host of other attractions are within reach, such as MOMA - the Museum of Modern Art - and the Rockefeller Center, just ask your Tour Manager to point you in the right direction.
Broadway is second to none when it comes to top-class shows and musicals. On our optional excursion you can see a show tonight and create a great finalé to your day.
- Day 4 New York - UK
- Today, we will transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 5 UK
- You will arrive back in the UK today.
- New York Marriott Marquis
- With an excellent location close to Times Square, the Theater District, Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall, this hotel has amazing facilities including a revolving restaurant with views of Times Square and a 24 hour fitness center. Rooms have floor to ceiling windows and great amenities including tea and coffee making facilities.
- New York by night & Empire State Building
- See a Broadway show