New Year On The Lisbon Coast
Lisbon New Year Break for Singles
Set on the western edge of the beautiful Lisbon coastline, the charming seaside resort of Ericeira is the perfect base for this New Year get-away. Over five days you'll discover many historic highlights, starting with a tour of Portugal's capital, Lisbon, where you'll see the iconic Belém Tower and visit the Maritime Museum. You'll also discover the beautiful palaces and villas of picturesque Sintra and explore the medieval walled town of Óbidos, where time seems to have stood still.
Set on the western edge of the beautiful Lisbon coastline, the charming seaside resort of Ericeira is the perfect base for this New Year get-away.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with TAP Portugal
- 4 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- A representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Discover Lisbon's highlights
- Explore picturesque Sintra & the Cabo da Roca lighthouse
- Tour of the walled town of Óbidos
- Day 1 UK to Ericeira
- Depart on your flight to Lisbon today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel, which is located in the picturesque seaside resort of Ericeira and offers panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
After settling into your room, why not head out for a stroll. Ericeira sits on the western edge of the beautiful Lisbon coast and boasts a promenade lined with cafés, bars and restaurants.
Back at the hotel, get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Lisbon
- We're going to discover Portugal's capital, Lisbon, today on a full-day tour. The city is home to many historic attractions, and our guided walk begins as we make our way through the narrow medieval alleyways of the Alfama District, crowned by an ancient castle. We'll then admire the UNESCO-listed Belém Tower, which was the starting point of many sea voyages in the 16th century and is a symbol of Portugal's power during the Age of Discovery.
We'll round off our tour as we head inside the Maritime Museum. Among the items on display is a figure of the Archangel Raphael that journeyed with Vasco da Gama on his expedition to India.
At this time of year, Lisbon is also renowned for its spectacular festive lights, which will add a touch of magic to our day out.
Later we'll gather again back at hotel for dinner.
- Day 3 NEW YEAR'S EVE Sintra & Cabo da Roca
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast before we head off to the charming region of Sintra. Located at the foot of a mountain and surrounded by forest, it is dotted with villas and palaces which were the summer residences of the kings of Portugal. We'll also take in the dramatic sight of the Cabo da Roca lighthouse. Sitting on a promontory jutting out into the Atlantic, this is the most westerly point in mainland Europe.
We'll head back to the hotel in plenty of time to get ready for this evening's festivities, a special New Year's Eve dinner.
- Day 4 NEW YEAR'S DAY Óbidos
- We'll enjoy a leisurely morning at the hotel, before we make our way to the picturesque walled town of Óbidos for an included tour. Little has changed here since medieval times, and on our stroll we'll discover a hilltop castle, a maze of cobbled streets and delightful red-roofed whitewashed houses. Perhaps take a stroll along the ramparts that enclose the town's historic centre for wonderful views.
- Day 5 Ericeira to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK.
- Vila Gale Ericeira
- The 4-star Hotel Vila Galé occupies a lovely position close to the renowned Cascais Marina and just a short stroll from the town''s historic centre. It is surrounded by landscaped gardens and offers wonderful sea views. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, outdoor swimming pool and health club. Guest rooms feature en suite facilities, TV, Wi-fi, mini-bar, safe and hairdryer.