New Year In The Italian Riviera
Italian Riviera New Years Eve Break for Singles
Celebrate the New Year on the beautiful Italian Riviera as you discover the delightful cliff-top villages known as the Cinque Terre and explore the chic resorts of Rapallo and Portofino. A sightseeing tour of Genoa, with its UNESCO-listed palaces, and a gala New Year's Eve dinner at your hotel are two more highlights.
As you celebrate the New Year on the beautiful Italian Riviera you'll explore chic resorts and delightful cliff-top villages.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 5 nights half board in a 3-star hotel
- 10 meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 dinners including New Year's Eve gala dinner with live music
- Welcome & farewell drink
- A representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Tour of the historical port city of Genoa & its UNESCO-listed palaces
- Explore the stunning Cinque Terre
- Visit the beautiful resort of Portofino
- Day 1 UK to Rapallo
- You'll fly to Genoa today, and on arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in Rapallo. This beautiful town on the Italian Riviera boasts a small medieval castle and a delightful seaside promenade. After settling into your room why not head out for a stroll. Back at the hotel, get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 2 Cinque Terre
- After breakfast we're going to explore the picturesque area known as the Cinque Terre. These five enchanting villages are perched high on cliffs above the Mediterranean Sea and only accessible by train, boat or footpath. We will take the train to Riomaggiore, the southernmost village, characterised by a cluster of stone houses with colourful façades.
- Day 3 New Year’s Eve Portofino
- An included excursion today will take us to Portofino. What used to be a small fishing village is now an exclusive resort favoured by Italy's rich and famous. We'll head off on a walk along the cliff past the church of San Giorgio, which will reward us with unrivalled views of its pretty harbour lined with pastel-shaded houses.
We'll head back to the hotel in time to get ready for this evening's festivities, a gala dinner with live music to see in the New Year.
- Day 4 New Year's Day Rapallo
- Today has been left free for you to spend just as you please. Perhaps you'll get together with some of your travelling companions and discover more of Rapallo. Its historic centre is a delight to explore, or you could choose to take the cable car up to the 16th century Sanctuary of Our Lady of Montallegro. This ancient church overlooks the town from its hilltop position.
- Day 5 Genoa
- We're going to explore more of Italy today on an included excursion to the large port city of Genoa. In the birthplace of explorer Christopher Columbus, we'll take a stroll through medieval alleyways and admire the UNESCO-listed Palazzi dei Rolli. These magnificent palaces were built in the Strade Nuove district between the 16th and 18th centuries as residences for aristocratic families, as well as to host visiting dignitaries.
There's plenty of free time for lunch and to explore Genoa further at your own pace. It is home to a wide range of museums and art galleries, as well as Italy's largest aquarium, where you can discover more than 500 species of fish.
- Day 6 Rapallo to UK
- After breakfast we will transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK.
- Hotel Giulio Cesare
- Hotel Giulio is a 3 star hotel is in a lovely art nouveau building, in the centre of Rapallo, close to the port and just a few minutes from the beach. Hotel facilities include a lounge, minimarket, restaurant, bar and lift. Guest rooms feature private facilities, free wi-fi, air- conditioning, and TV.