New Year In Marrakech
Head to North Africa and the Moroccan gem of Marrakech for a New Year break to remember. Unforgettable sights are sure to leave a lasting impression as you discover the spectacular landscapes of the Atlas Mountains, explore Berber villages, barter for souvenirs in bustling souks and learn to cook exotic traditional specialities.
Head to North Africa and the Moroccan gem of Marrakech for a New Year to remember as you explore spectacular landscapes and experience an exotic culture.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel 17 included meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 6 dinners including welcome & farewell drinks
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Tour of Marrakech including Djemaa el Fna Square
- Lunch at an authentic Moroccan retreat surrounded by the Atlas Mountains
- Take part in a traditional Moroccan cookery class
- Visit the beautiful Ourika Valley with lunch in a hilltop restaurant offering wonderful views
- Explore the seaside town of Essaouira & enjoy a seafood lunch
- You're invited to a gala dinner on New Year's Eve
- Day 1 UK - Marrakech
- Today you'll fly to Marrakech, a North African gem and one of Morocco's most vibrant cities. On arrival, we'll transfer you to your hotel, where after time to settle in, we'll gather together for a drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Marrakech
- We'll get to know Marrakech during our sightseeing tour starting at the 19th century Bahia Palace. Located in the medina and set over two acres, it boasts 150 rooms including a harem section, as well as colourfully tiled courtyards and gardens. Other highlights include a visit to the Saadien Tombs. The resting place of the former royal dynasty of Morocco was lost for many years, and rediscovered by archaeologists in 1917. Our final call this morning is at the Dar Si Said Museum, housed inside an opulent palace and home to the Museum of Moroccan Art.
This afternoon, you can either return to the hotel and relax, or stay with the group and visit Djemaa el Fna Square. Here we'll wander the labyrinth of lively souks where snake charmers, fortune-tellers and acrobats put on an amazing show for the thronging crowds. Why not try out your bartering skills at stalls selling everything from traditional carpets and hand-crafted pottery to leatherwear and aromatic spices.
- Day 3 Atlas Mountains
- We'll head to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains today. As we travel through the heart of Berber country, we'll pass the picturesque village of Tahanaout, whose red-hued buildings blend in perfectly with its mountainside location.
We'll also enjoy lovely views during lunch at La Roseraie, an authentic Moroccan retreat surrounded by the Atlas Mountains, lush forests and olive groves. Excellent facilities here include an outdoor swimming pool and lovely garden, and there's time to enjoy them if the weather is in our favour before we head back to the hotel.
- Day 4 New Year's Eve, Marrakech
- If you enjoy cooking, or are keen to pick up tips, you'll love today's included excursion. We're going to head to a nearby restaurant where we'll take part in a cookery lesson. We'll learn to make some Moroccan specialities and then we'll sample what we've created.
Afterwards, we'll visit the Majorelle Garden, an oasis of exotic flora in the heart of Marrakech.
This evening you're invited to a gala dinner at the hotel.
- Day 5 New Year's Day, Ourika Valley
- New Year's Day begins with a tour of the beautiful Ourika Valley. Nestling in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, this picturesque destination offers a feast for the eyes with Berber hamlets scattered amidst a landscape of lush olive groves, towering palms and meandering rivers.
We'll stop our sightseeing for lunch in La Kasbah de l'Ourika, which boasts a hilltop position and offers stunning views of the valley and the mountains.
Back at the hotel we'll enjoy a fabulous dinner together.
- Day 6 Marrakech - at Leisure
- You can spend today just as you wish, whether that's enjoying the facilities at your hotel or exploring Marrakech further with your travelling companions.
This evening you're invited to join an optional folklore show and dinner at the Chez Ali Restaurant. Entertainment comes in the shape of traditional dancing, music and acrobatics performed in Berber tents, while dinner is a feast of Moroccan specialities.
- Day 7 Essaouria
- After breakfast we're going to head to the charming walled seaside town of Essaouira, located on the Atlantic coast. As we drive, look out for endemic argan trees laden with fruit from which the precious commodity argan oil is derived. For centuries this has been used not only for culinary purposes but also in beauty rituals, and today it's a key ingredient in many shampoos and moisturisers. Many argan co-operatives also line the route leading to Essaouira, where women grind the fruit kernels by hand to produce the coveted oil. Once in this UNESCO-listed town, you're free to explore at leisure before we enjoy a seafood lunch. Maybe take a stroll along the medina's ramparts or on the broad stretches of sandy beach. You could hunt for souvenirs amongst narrow alleyways lined with artisan workshops, or head to the port to watch the day's catch as it's brought in by fishermen.
- Day 8 Marrakech - UK
- We'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa
- The 4-star Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa occupies a lovely quiet area in Marrakech close to the popular Agdal Gardens. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, café and swimming pool. Bedrooms have private facilities, hairdryer, minibar and air conditioning.
- Dine on Moroccan specialities as you enjoy the spectacular Chez Ali Folklore Show