Mallorca - A Walkers Paradise
Expect spectacular views of majestic mountains, the Mediterranean Sea, colourful citrus groves and picture-postcard villages as you soak up Mallorca's beauty on a series of walks. There's also time woven in for you to relax at your hotel and enjoy its facilities. And if you want to explore more, you can opt to visit Palma, the island's lively capital.
Take in views of majestic mountains, the Mediterranean Sea and picture-postcard villages as you head off on a series of walks on the island of Mallorca.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Local Flavours : Tasting of "coca de patata" with coffee or hot chocolate
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- The Oranges Path
- The Agatha Christie's Path
- The Postway Path
- The Castle Path
- The Painter's Way
- Day 1 UK - Palma
- Today you'll fly to Mallorca's capital, Palma. On arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel in Santa Ponsa, a peaceful resort located on the south coast of the island. Set in a sheltered cove, Santa Ponsa is known for its long white-sand beach and azure waters set against a mountain backdrop. This harbour town is a blend of old and new, with a lively waterfont promenade and modern marina alongside ancient archaeological sites and picturesque villas. Once you've unpacked, why not head out for a stroll to explore. Back at the hotel, get to know your fellow travellers this evening over a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 2 The Oranges Path
- Walk 6km – 3.7miles – 4 hoursToday we have a leisurely hike through the fertile Soller Valley to Fornalutx. As we walk we'll see swathes of citrus trees that carpet the valley floor and terraced olive groves. We'll also be able to take in wonderful views of the towering Serra de Tramuntana Mountains, including Puig Major, Mallorca's highest peak. Our hike ends in the pretty village of Fornalutx, where there's free time to stroll through its narrow lanes lined by charming stone-built houses.
- Day 3 The Agatha Christie’s Path
- Walk 5.5km / 3.5miles - 2.5 hours
Today’s walk follows the coastline between Cala Fornells and Camp de Mar, passing through pine forest and past mesmerising cliffs and coves. We’ll walk to Caló d’es Monje, a small secluded bay and a beautiful spot with crystal clear waters, made famous as a location for Agatha Christie’s Poirot film ‘Evil under the sun’. If the weather and sea conditions allow, this is a fantastic area for a refreshing dip before heading further along the coast to the centuries old watchtower “Torre Andritxol”, which provides panoramic sea views across the entire south- western coast of the island. Our walk ends at Camp de Mar, an idyllic small village resort with renowned beaches.
- Day 4 The Postway Path
- Walk 7km – 4.3 Miles – 3 hours
A good breakfast will set you up for today's walk, which should take about three hours. We'll head through the old post and transport route from Esporles to Banyalbufar, which dates back to the 15th century and was the only link between the two villages until the 19th century. This was the commercial route of the fishing industry, as well as of the postal service of King James III. The path we follow takes us through a pine forest and then uphill, where the panorama changes and we'll see traditional stone buildings. As we get closer to Banyalbufar, enjoy impressive views of the ocean and the island's rugged west coast. Once we reach Banyalbufar we'll see the ancient terraced hillsides that were introduced to Mallorca by the Moors.
- Day 5 Palma – at leisure
- We have left today free for you to enjoy the resort facilities or to do some exploring of your own. Why not head to Mallorca's nearby capital, Palma, and explore the narrow streets and ancient passages of the Old Town, where you will find honey-hued buildings and the impressive Gothic cathedral. Close by you might also admire the Royal Palace, the residence of Spain's royal family when they visit the Balearic Islands, or the bustling harbour. Plus, there is no shortage of shops, galleries and cafés.
- Day 6 The Castle Path
- Walk 6km – 3.7miles – 3.5 hours
Our walk today begins from the small hamlet of Orient, and we will follow a path through olive groves up to the ruins of the hilltop Castell d'Alaro. Here we'll also see the chapel of the Virgin of the Refuge and enjoy spectacular panoramic views. We'll then make our way downhill to a traditional farmhouse, where we'll enjoy refreshments before we continue to Alaro.
- Day 7 The Painter's Way
- Walk 7.5km – 4.6 miles – 3 hours
We're going to get out and about again today, on a walk that takes us along Mallorca's west coast. Over the years, this area has attracted many artists who come here to capture the beautiful landscape of dramatic cliffs looming over turquoise waters. We'll take in this sight before making our way to the mountain village of Deià, where the English poet and novelist Robert Graves lived, and where he died in 1985. He is buried under a cypress tree in Deià's graveyard, which you can visit.Before heading back to the hotel we stop in Valldemossa for a well-earned treat, the famous 'Coca de Patata' also known as potato cakes, an institution in Mallorca. Made from potatoes, these artisans rolls are baked daily in the region and are often enjoyed dipped in hot chocolate or coffee.
- Day 8 Palma - UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Sky Senses Hotel
Back to top