Italy's Cilento Coast
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSEITCC
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 4
One of Campania's most remote corners, the Cilento Coast is all yours to explore from your base, which is close to the archaeological site of Paestum. During your stay you'll discover these famous ruins, said to be the best-preserved Greek temples in the world, and explore the medieval town of Castellabate and lively Salerno. There's plenty of free time woven into your tour, so you can relax and soak up the Italian sunshine. If you want to discover more, you've plenty of opportunities with optional tours to the beautiful Amalfi Coast and Cilento National Park. Enjoy an included tasting of locally produced mozzarella, and you can even opt to learn how to make traditional specialities during a cookery lesson.
Italy's relatively undiscovered Cilento Coast is home to historic towns and villages surrounded by rolling hills, vineyards, olive groves and farmland.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Castellabate tour
- Paestum visit & mozzarella tasting
- Salerno tour
- Day 1 UK to Naples
- Today you’ll fly to Naples and we'll transfer you to your hotel. After time to settle in, get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Castellabate
- The Cilento Coast is one of Campania's most remote corners. With shimmering waters, secluded coves and inviting towns, it has all the ingredients for a relaxing holiday, where you can mix lazy days in the sun with the chance to experience the Italian culture.
Less well-known than its neighbour, the Amalfi Coast, the whole Cilento area is swamped in history and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After breakfast, we'll start our explorations as we head off on an included excursion to the medieval town of Castellabate. Located high on a hill, from here we'll admire fantastic views across the countryside and out to sea, and enjoy a walk through the arches and passageways of the town centre.
The rest of the day has been left free for you to spend at your leisure. Perhaps enjoy a stroll with your travelling companions or relax at your hotel, which boasts a swimming pool and private beach.
- Day 3 Paestum
- We include a tour of Paestum, the Cilento Coast's most famous historic site, today. Founded in the 7th century BC by the Greeks, it is home to three massive Doric temples - said to be the best-preserved Greek temples in the world. We will learn more about their fascinating history in the company of a Local Guide and visit Paestum's museum. Later we'll call at a nearby farm and sample some locally produced buffalo mozzarella.
- Day 4 Amalfi & Ravello
- On today's optional full-day excursion we'll enjoy a drive along the stunning Amalfi Coast to the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. If you prefer, you could enjoy time at leisure to relax and soak up the sun. Maybe head to the hotel's private beach, which is accessible via a walkway through the surrounding pinewood forest.
- Day 5 Farmhouse cookery lesson
- Today has been left free for you to spend as you wish. You might head off to explore or maybe you'll enjoy the facilities at your hotel.
Alternatively, you could choose to join an optional cookery lesson. We'll head to a traditional farmhouse, where we'll learn how to rustle up local specialities such as ravioli with Bolognese sauce, pizza and pastiera, a Neapolitan tart made using ricotta cheese and flavoured with orange flower water. We'll then eat what we have created for lunch.
- Day 6 Cilento National Park
- An optional excursion today takes us on a scenic drive through Cilento National Park. Along the way we'll see some of the delightful villages that nestle amid the beautiful landscape. Alternatively, you could choose to enjoy some free time.
- Day 7 Salerno
- We'll visit Salerno, a lively town with an array of historic attractions, today. Here you can take a stroll along the charming tree-lined promenade or maybe shop for souvenirs to take home. We'll return to the hotel for some free time this afternoon and enjoy a farewell get-together this evening.
- Day 8 Naples to UK
- Your holiday comes to an end today as we transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Le Palme
- "Hotel Le Palme is near the Cilento National Park and 1.9 miles from the archaeological area of Paestum. The private beach with parasols, deckchairs, changing cabins and showers, is 150 yards away, across the pine wood. There is also a seaside restaurant with bar serving Cilento specialities. Le Palme is a family-managed hotel with garden and outdoor swimming pool. It offers air-conditioned rooms with balcony equipped with satellite TV, fridge, bathroom with bath/shower and hairdrier."
- Cilento National Park
- Amalfi & Ravello
- Cookery lesson
Pre-bookable excursions: the above optional Cilento National Park and Amalfi & Ravello excursions can be pre-booked as a package from just £119Back to top