Hong Kong New Year Departure
Enigmatic and exciting, Hong Kong is a unique city with a vibrant cultural scene and numerous attractions. Discover its twinkling skyline and a charming fishing village, browse colourful markets and savour authentic cuisine, then celebrate New Year in style on a Champagne cruise around its dazzling harbour.
Enigmatic and exciting, Hong Kong is a unique and vibrant city. Celebrate New Year in style on a Champagne cruise around its dazzling harbour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
• Just You Tour Manager as your host
• Return flights from Heathrow with Cathay Pacific
• Use of an airport lounge in the UK
• 3 nights in a 4-star hotel & 1 night in flight
• 6 meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
• Specialist Local Guide
• Cocktail reception
• Farewell get-together
• Overseas transfers & other transportation
• Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
• Victoria Peak, Aberdeen Harbour & Stanley Market
• Temple Street night market, Lantau Link View Point & Chinese seafood dinner
• New Year's Eve cruise with Champagne & fireworks
- Days 1 & 2 UK to Hong Kong
- Today you'll depart on your flight to Hong Kong, arriving on day 2.
A British colony from the early 1800s right up until 1997, Hong Kong has a close affinity with many British people yet retains an air of mystery. It's a dynamic and fascinating city, where Chinese culture effortlessly fuses with Western influence.
This evening, we'll get to know one another over a welcome 'gunner' cocktail, a favourite amongst ex-pats. We'll then stroll to the House of Jasmine, a traditional restaurant overlooking Victoria Harbour, where we will be served an authentic Chinese dinner. Afterwards, we'll be entertained by the dazzling Symphony of Lights show. This spectacular display of colourful lights, laser beams and searchlights illuminates the skyscrapers and landmarks in synch with an uplifting soundtrack.
- Day 3 New Year's Eve Hong Kong sightseeing & countdown cruise
- Once one of the main fishing villages in Hong Kong, Stanley Market is now home to a thriving market and a range of lively eateries, most overlooking the water. It's a wonderful place to relax, mingle with the locals and enjoy time with your fellow travellers and we'll head here on today's included excursion, which also takes in two other highlights.
On the southern side of the island is Aberdeen Fishing Village, with its floating community. Here you can see a huge number of traditional fishing vessels, some still employed as such and many others used for sightseeing purposes. It's a great spot for photo opportunities, as the huge skyscrapers that line the harbour contrast spectacularly with the sampan boats, which are traditionally made from wood and dressed with colourful sails.
We'll also visit Victoria Peak – the highest point on Hong Kong Island – and the best place to soak up vistas of the fabulous cityscape. We'll board the historic funicular railway to ascend to the viewing platform in this exclusive neighbourhood.
It's New Year's Eve and we have an exciting evening planned. It starts with a visit to Temple Street night market, a colourful maze of stalls selling everything from bags and antiques to clothing and jewellery. You might also see fortune tellers and hear impromptu performances of Chinese opera. Next we take in the sights from Lantau Link View Point, before we enjoy a Chinese seafood dinner at Lei Yue Mun fishing village. This evening's finale is a wonderful hour-long cruise on a Chinese junk boat around Victoria Harbour. On board we'll count down the seconds to midnight then raise a glass of Champagne to see in the New Year as a spectacular firework display lights up the night sky.
- Day 4 New Year's Day Hong Kong
- Cheung Sha is one of Hong Kong's longest and most beautiful beaches and it's the first stop on today's optional excursion by ferry to Lantau Island. We'll also visit the Po Lin Monastery, which is home to the largest seated bronze Buddha in the world, at 26 metres high. After a vegetarian lunch here we'll enjoy a ride on the Ngong Ping cable car for stunning views.
Our hotel is in the centre of Nathan Road's Golden Mile, a real shoppers' paradise, while many museums are also within easy reach, so with the rest of the day at leisure why not explore at your own pace.
This evening, we include dinner at one of the city's restaurants, so why not compare notes about your adventures with your fellow travellers as you dine.
- Day 5 Hong Kong to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK.
- The Kowloon Hotel
- The 4-star Kowloon Hotel is an elegant hotel in a prime location. Well located, you’ll find yourself in the heart of Tsimshatsui’s shopping, dining and entertainment area, and also within walking distance of Victoria Harbour.
Hotel facilities include a choice of two restaurants, a contemporary bar and a welcoming coffee shop. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar and tea/coffee-making facilities.
• Lantau Island, including visit to the Po Lin MonasteryBack to top