Holland's Hidden Treasures
Stay overnight in Amsterdam and make your own discoveries, before cruising Lake Markermeer towards Hoorn. The picturesque town of Enkhuizen is your next port of call, and then you'll cruise the Ijsselmeer to Lemmer. Another overnight stay in Amsterdam rounds off your holiday, when there's an option to visit Keukenhof Gardens and admire the spectacular tulips.
Discover Dutch culture and traditions as you cruise to charming Volendam, explore historic Hoorn and discover the fabulous Zaanse Schans open-air museum.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with KLM
- 5 nights all inclusive on board 4-star premium ship MS Gerard Schmitter
- 14 meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners featuring regional specialities & all drinks (excluding Champagne & selected wines)
- Specialist Local Guide
- Captain's welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Onboard entertainment
- Complimentary Wi-fi on board
- A full programme of optional shore excursions
- Day 1 UK to Amsterdam
- You'll fly to Amsterdam today, where, on arrival we'll transfer you to your ship. After you've settled into your cabin, meet the captain, crew and your fellow travellers as you enjoy a welcome cocktail before dinner.
Later, you might choose to board another boat for an optional tour of the city via its famous canals.
- Day 2 Amsterdam
- Amsterdam is famed for its picturesque canals, world-renowned museums and many architectural treasures. On our optional guided tour this morning we'll discover the De Rieker Windmill, which has featured in many of Rembrandt's paintings, as well as the Diamond District, which is home to a dozen or so diamond factories.
Alternatiively, you may have chosen to take in Amsterdam's sights by bicycle.
This afternoon we set sail for Lemmer, so enjoy the ship's facilities and the scenic views as we go.
- Day 3 Lemmer & Enkhuizen
- From Lemmer this morning you can join an optional excursion to the charming waterside village of Giethoorn. Here, a network of waterways flow past pretty thatched farmhouses, and we'll appreciate its tranquil beauty on a cruise.
This afternoon we sail to Enkhuizen, where our ship will moor overnight. This picturesque town boasts a lovely habour and plenty of historic buildings and monuments, so why not step ashore with your travelling companions to explore.
- Day 4 Hoorn
- This morning we'll cruise to Hoorn, a prosperous town with a lovely harbour. The infamous Cape Horn is named after the town, which was home to Dutch explorer Willem Schouten, who was first to sail around it.
From here, we can visit historic Alkmaar, and depending on your choice of optional excursions you'll explore by bicycle or on foot. Highlights include the Public Weigh House, dating from the 16th century, the 17th century Town Hall and the impressive St Laurenskerk Church. The town is also known for its cheese, so we'll visit the Cheese Museum here.
Back on board we'll enjoy an evening of entertainment as we head back to Amsterdam.
- Day 5 Amsterdam
- This morning you can opt to step ashore in the fishing village of Volendam, where on a tour of a cheese factory, we'll see how Gouda is made. We'll then visit the Zaanse Schans open-air museum, where we'll stroll back in time amongst a fascinating collection of historic buildings.
Our day ends as we enjoy a gala dinner with dancing and entertainment back on board the ship.
- Day 6 Amsterdam to UK
- After breakfast we'll disembark the ship and head to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- MS Gerard Schmitter
- 4* Premium Ship 3 deck premium ship Built : 2012 Length : 110 long Width : 11.40 m wide Cabins : 88 cabins Capacity : 176 passengers Facilities : lounge-bar with a dance floor - bar - dining room - large sundeck with deckchairs - lift - terrace - French balconies ( Mid and Upper deck ) - gift shop. – Central heating, 230 V electricity, air-conditioning, TV and video in the lounge, Wi-Fi on board. Cabin Facilities: all cabins are equipped with shower and toilet, hairdryer, satellite TV, radio, safe.
- Discover Amsterdam by night
- Tour of Amsterdam & visit to a diamond merchant, or guided bicycle ride in Amsterdam
- Guided tour of Giethoorn
- Alkmaar & its Cheese Museum, or a guided bicycle ride
- Volendam, cheese factory visit & Zaanse Schans open-air museum
Back to top
The above optional excursions can be pre-booked from just £190 per person on the Explorer package and £220 per person on the Discovery package