Flavours Of Mallorca
The sun-drenched sands of Mallorca rest on the edge of dazzling sapphire seas, providing the perfect backdrop for foodie heaven. Discover the best of this idyllic Mediterranean island and indulge all your senses on our Flavours of Mallorca tour. Prepare your taste buds for exquisite pastries, succulent fresh seafood and local delicacies, all washed down with sumptuous wines. We'll soak up culture and history too, in charming mountain villages, lush vineyards and historic agriculture estates. To top it all off, our luxurious, adult-only hotel stretches across the beachfront, offering a true paradise island experience.
From sun-drenched beaches to postcard-perfect towns, our Flavours of Mallorca tour takes your taste buds on a journey across this idyllic Mediterranean island. You'll discover historic gems and soak up local traditions while relaxing in luxury at our seaside hotel.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 13 meals: 7 Breakfasts, 1 lunch, 5 dinners
- Local Flavours : Enjoy a delicious ‘pa amb oli’ - a typical Mallorcan lunch
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- Palma tour including the oldest bakery Palma’s covered market - Mercat de l’Olivar
- Visit Mallorca’s oldest winery for a tour & tasting
- Visit to Finca Econinyassa Estate – an organic producer of citrus fruits
- La Granja open air museum including lunch of local produce
- Visit a producer of olive oil & enjoy a tasting
- Visit the Mountain of Felanitx & Santanyi Town
- Learn how to harvest salt at the Salinas salt pans
- Visit to the Gordiola glassworks
- Visit Mercat de Sineu, the oldest farmers’ market in Mallorca
- Visit to Alcudia, Mallorca’s Roman capital
- Learn about the “porc negre”, an indigenous free-range produce
- Day 1 UK - Palma
- Fly from the UK to Palma today then transfer to your beachfront hotel in Playa de Palma, where you can relax and meet your travelling companions.
- Day 2 Parma - Consell Wine Region
Our exciting exploration begins in Mallorca's stylish capital. A lively atmosphere imbues Palma's winding streets, leading to a spectacular array of shops and historic monuments. We'll visit the circular Castillo de Bellver, the oldest of its kind in Europe. A walk through the historic centre brings us to gourmet heaven at the Mercat de l'Olivar market, before a stop at Palma's oldest bakery. Look forward to free time for further exploration... and feasting.This afternoon we'll travel to Consell, a quaint village in the heart of the wine region. Prepare your palate for a visit to Mallorca's oldest bodega, Bodegues Ribas. Founded in 1711, the winery boasts 40 hectares of vineyards with the largest variety of grapes on the island. We'll learn about the production and history of local wine, before settling in for tastings.
- Day 3 Fornalutx - La Granja
- Perched beautifully atop the Sóller Valley, Fornalutx is one of Spain's prettiest villages. We'll stroll leafy lanes, see historic stone buildings and admire fragrant, orange-grove views. For a closer look at enticing oranges, we'll continue to the Finca Ecovinyassa, one of Mallorca's first organic producers of citrus fruits. After a tour of the estate, relish a refreshing glass of freshly squeezed juice. Free time lets you taste your way through tapas bars, shop and admire the Art Nouveau houses in the centre of Sóller. Then we'll drive to La Granja in Esporles, once an agricultural estate. The 10th century manor house sits in the midst of gardens and natural springs, showcasing traditional Mallorca with rural crafts and historic rooms. You'll relish wine from wooden barrels and homemade fig bread.
- Day 4 Palma - at Leisure
- Today is yours to do as you please. If the ocean is calling your name, you'll find the beach just a few steps from your room. After relaxing on the sand, enjoy ocean views from a poolside lounger, take a refreshing dip or relax in the Turkish bath and sauna. As you'll be in the heart of Playa de Palma, some of the island's best shops, restaurants and bars are just a few minutes away. Alternatively, you can visit the neighbouring resorts of El Arenal and Can Pastilla.
- Day 5 Aubocassa - Santanyi
Today's adventures take us to the east of the island, where rural life and traditions thrive. We'll visit Aubocassa, a 24-hectare Finca encircled by almost 8,000 olive trees. The 12th century manor house contains a state-of-the-art olive press that produces award-winning extra virgin olive oil, or 'olive juice', as the owner likes to call it. We'll sample the products, after discovering some manufacturing secrets.The Monastery of Sant Salvador is our next stop. Perched high on the mountain of it offers a spectacular photo vantage point. Our journey into tradition continues with a trip to Santanyi. A picture-perfect town that features original Mallorcan houses with ocean-coloured shutters. Plenty of free time means you can shop for local crafts or sip wine at a sunny cafe.
- Day 6 Flor de sal d’Es Trenc - Gordiola
- Today we'll journey to the south of the island to see where the precious 'Flor de Sal d'Es Trenc' is still manually harvested from the salt pans using old Phoenician and Roman methods. We’ll discover how more than 80 vital minerals in the famous sea salt enhance health, before travelling on to S’Hostal de Montuïri. This quaint restaurant thrills locals with its pa amb oli, a typical Mallorcan lunch of roasted farmhouse bread, luscious olive oil, tomato, ham and cheese. Let all that food settle on our way back to the hotel, with a stop at Gordiola to see traditional glassblowing.
- Day 7 Sineu - Formentor
- The famous Mercat de Sineu is the oldest farmers' market on the island. You can still buy cattle here, though more suitcase-appropriate items include clothes, shoes, gifts and tasty local delicacies. Enjoy free time for shopping and take a stroll through Sineu's bustling streets, before we continue onto the village of Petra. Meat lovers are in for a treat at Finca Es Bosc Vell, famed for its organic meat. Afterwards, explore the former Roman capital of Mallorca, Alcudia, to admire the city's beautifully preserved city wall and the atmospheric town centre. We'll head north to the awe-inspiring peninsula of Formentor to capture frame-worthy photos of sweeping ocean panoramas. This evening, we’ll enjoy a farewell dinner and drinks together at a local restaurant in Palma.
- Day 8 Palma - UK
- After breakfast we'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- THB El Cid
- A sprawling beachfront property, THB EI Cid Hotel occupies a prime position in Playa de Palma. Enjoy two pool areas at this adult-only hotel, complete with sunbeds and parasols. Relax in the Turkish bath or sauna and rejuvenate with beauty treatments. Guest rooms feature private facilities, balconies, fridges and tea/coffee making facilities.