Experience South Africa
This fabulous South African adventure starts in cosmopolitan Cape Town, where you'll have the chance to ascend Table Mountain and enjoy a tour of the Cape Peninsula. The highlights keep on coming as we visit Oudtshoorn and Knysna, and then drive along the spectacular Garden Route, taking in Storms River Mouth on our way to Port Elizabeth. From here we'll fly to Johannesburg and take a tour of Soweto, before travelling along the scenic Panorama Route to Kruger National Park. Here we'll go on safari in search of the 'Big Five', the perfect end to an unforgettable tour.
Ascend Table Mountain, search for the 'Big Five' on safari in Kruger National Park and tour Soweto on this unforgettable South African tour.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 11 nights in 3 & 4-star hotels plus 2 nights in flight
- 19 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Cape Town city tour & visit to Table Mountain
- Cape Point, the penguins of Boulders Beach & Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Cango Caves & ostrich farm
- Drive along the Garden Route
- Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park
- Soweto tour
- Game drive in Kruger National Park
- Scenic panorama route
- Day 1 UK to Cape Town
- You'll depart on your overnight flight to Cape Town today.
- Day 2 Cape Town
- On arrival in Cape Town we've included a short orientation tour en route to your hotel. We also include a visit to Table Mountain, and if the weather is favourable, you'll have the opportunity to ascend it on a thrilling cable-car ride.The rest of the day is yours to relax and explore at leisure. Then we'll get to know one another better over dinner this evening.
- Day 3 Cape Peninsula
- A day exploring the Cape Peninsula begins at Hout Bay and continues along Chapman's Peak – a spectacular coastal drive – as we make our way to Cape Nature Reserve and Cape Point, at the very tip of the peninsula.
During our return journey to Cape Town we stop at Boulders Beach, where you can see the penguins that make their home here. We'll then continue through Simon's Town, Fish Hoek and Muizenberg, finally reaching Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, beautifully positioned against the slopes of Table Mountain.
We'll get together and head to a restaurant for our welcome dinner this evening.
- Day 4 Cape Town
- Today has been left free for you to explore Cape Town at your own pace. The Victoria and Alfred Waterfront has sweeping views of the ocean, harbour, city bowl and Table Mountain and is the perfect place to relax with many excellent restaurants and attractions. We also offer two optional excursions today - a morning tour of Khayelitsha, Cape Town's largest black township, and an afternoon visit to the Western Cape Winelands region. We'll learn about the wine-making process during a cellar tour and a tasting rounds off our visit.
- Day 5 Oudtshoorn
- There's a scenic drive to look forward to today via Route 62 to Oudtshoorn. An afternoon visit to an ostrich farm will give you the opportunity to admire and possibly hand-feed these curious looking creatures.
- Day 6 Knysna
- Our first stop today will be at the impressive Cango Caves, where we'll descend into an underground world of limestone caverns, stalactites and stalagmites sculptured by nature over millions of years.
Next we head to Knysna, a town at the heart of the Garden Route which nestles on the shores of a beautiful lagoon and is surrounded by ancient forests. After checking into the hotel, the rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure.
- Day 7 Knysna
- You are free to explore Knysna at your own pace today. You could perhaps explore the town's boutiques and shops with your travelling companions, or maybe take in the views from the heads - the two huge cliffs lying at the mouth of the lagoon.
Alternatively, you could join our optional excursion to Featherbed Nature Reserve. We'll take a ferry across the Knysna Lagoon and admire spectacular scenery as we drive onto the reserve. A Specialist Guide will tell us all about the region's flora and fauna, and we'll take a walk through the coastal forest to see ancient sea caves. After working up an appetite we'll be ready for our included buffet lunch, which is served at a beautiful outdoor restaurant under a canopy of Milkwood trees.
- Day 8 Johannesburg
- We will say goodbye to Knysna this morning and drive along the spectacular Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. Along the way we'll stop at Storms River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park, where you can walk across the 77-metre-long suspension bridge that crosses the water as it flows into the ocean.
When we arrive in Port Elizabeth we'll head to the airport and fly to Johannesburg.
- Day 9 Johannesburg
- This morning we include a tour of nearby Soweto – the country's most populous black urban residential area, which is infused with the history of the struggle against apartheid. Lunch is included and then you'll have an afternoon to do as you please.
- Day 10 Kruger National Park
- The Panorama Route weaves its way through some of the most stunning scenery in South Africa – the rainforest at God's Window, Bourke's Luck potholes and Blyde Canyon are just some of the highlights. It's also our route to Mpumalanga, the gateway to the iconic Kruger National Park.
- Day 11 Kruger National Park
- Wake up to the incredible sounds of the African bush as you embark on a thrilling early-morning game drive in Kruger. The park is home to an enthralling array of wildlife, so hopefully you'll tick off at least some, if not all, of the 'Big Five' – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo.There's time to relax by the pool with a refreshing drink this afternoon before we offer a further optional game drive.
- Day 12 Kruger National Park
- There's more time at leisure today, with optional bush walks and game drives on offer if you want to see more of your thrilling surroundings and the resident wildlife.
- Day 13 Kruger to UK
- We head back to Johannesburg for our return flight to the UK.
- Day 14 UK
- Arrive in the UK today.
- ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn on the Square
- Overlooking Green Market Square in Cape Town, Inn on the Square Cape Town is a contemporary hotel in one of Cape Town’s oldest buildings. Inn on the Square Cape Town’s in-house restaurant, DISH, offers quality South African cuisine. Here they offer a selection of local and imported wines that can be enjoyed either in the restaurant, Cobble & Stone Pub or on the terrace. All rooms include air-conditioning, hairdryers, Wi-Fi and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Protea Hotel Riempe by Marriott Oudtshoorn
- Standard rooms come with free WiFi, satellite TV, and tea and coffee making facilities. All have en suite bathrooms. Amenities include a restaurant and cocktail bar, a garden with an outdoor pool.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Knysna Quays
- The 4-star Protea Hotel Knysna Quays is set on the Knysna Quays waterfront, within easy reach of the city's main attractions.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, lounge and outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept). Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, hairdryer, telephone, minibar, tea- and coffee-making facilities and Wi-Fi.
- Garden Court Sandton City
- The Garden Court Sandton City hotel is well located in Johannesburg, adjacent to the Nelson Mandela Square shopping centre. It has facilities including an outdoor pool, gym, garden, terrace and restaurant, serving international dishes with fresh seasonal ingredients. Guest rooms benefit from air-conditioning, en-suite, TV and tea/coffee maker.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate is a lodge-style hotel in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, located 12 minutes walk away from the Paul Kruger Gate. Rooms have free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and tea/coffee-making facilities. Other hotel amenities include outdoor pool with a bar and a spa.
- Winelands tour & tasting
- Cape Town township
- Cruise & lunch in Featherbed Nature Reserve in Knysna
- Game Drives at Kruger National Park