An intriguing country with a colourful history and stunning landscapes, Vietnam is a truly unique destination as you will discover on this fascinating tour. After flying to the capital Hanoi, a sightseeing tour will introduce to many of the city's highlights. You'll then travel to beautiful Halong Bay and board a traditional boat for an overnight cruise amongst the limestone peaks that rise from the sea. Next, you'll fly to the country's former capital Hue and then travel to the enchanting riverside town of Hoi An. In Ho Chi Minh City, you'll enjoy a sightseeing tour followed by a tasting at the city's first craft beer brewery. Your adventure comes to an end with a journey into the depths of the Mekong Delta, where you will see how the locals live in this fascinating part of Vietnam.
An intriguing country with a colourful history, stunning landscapes and a vibrant atmosphere, Vietnam is a truly unique destination. Discover its lively capital, Hanoi, cruise on beautiful Halong Bay, journey to the Mekong Delta and explore memorable Ho Chi Minh City.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with a scheduled airline
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 9 nights in 4-star hotels, plus overnight cruise and 2 nights in flight
- 21 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Hanoi city tour
- Hanoi cyclo tour through the ancient quarter
- Halong Bay overnight cruise
- Hue city tour
- Walking tour of Hoi An
- Visit to Oodles of Noodles
- Ho Chi Minh City tour
- Journey along the Mekong Delta
- Day 1 UK to Hanoi
- Today we'll fly to Hanoi.
- Day 2 Hanoi
- On arrival in Hanoi, we'll transfer you to your hotel. After time to settle in, get to know your travelling companions over a drink and dinner this evening.
- Day 3 Hanoi
- Hanoi is Vietnam's vibrant capital, and this morning we include a tour here. See the restored Opera House, the One Pillar Pagoda and Ba Dinh Square, where silent sentries guard the marble and granite mausoleum where Ho Chi Minh lies in state.
A great way to experience this lively city is aboard cyclos – Vietnam's answer to the rickshaw. Step aboard your cyclo in the afternoon for a tour of the ancient quarter, or 36 Streets district as it is also known. This is a souvenir hunters' paradise, where old homes and temples vie for attention alongside shops selling silk clothing, silver products and more. The rest of the day is at leisure for you to sample local eateries and try traditional cuisine.
This evening we offer an optional excursion to a water puppet show, a wonderful Vietnamese tradition that's been going strong since the 11th century. We'll head to the Thang Long Theatre, which sits beside Hoan Kiem Lake, and the performance we'll see tells stories of village life and local history and is accompanied by traditional music and dance. The show takes place in a waist-deep pool of water, and how it is done exactly is steeped in mystery. Afterwards you can put forward your theories over dinner in a nearby restaurant.
- Day 4 Halong Bay
- UNESCO-listed Halong Bay is truly beautiful and today we're going to explore it in style. We'll board a traditional boat for an overnight cruise amongst its idyllic waters. As we sail, we'll be able to admire the dramatic limestone peaks that rise sharply out of the sea, and we'll even enter one of the vast caves to gaze at the gigantic stalactites and stalagmites that have formed over centuries.
On the boat we'll enjoy a lovely seafood lunch, and this evening, dinner is also served on board before you retire to your cabin in this unique overnight accommodation.
- Day 5 Hue
- You'll wake to stunning views of Halong Bay today, and you can enjoy a morning at leisure on the boat. You could take part in a Tai Chi session on deck, or maybe you'll just choose to sit and take in the gorgeous scenery with a cup of coffee before we disembark.
We'll then transfer to the airport for our flight to Hue, the former capital of Vietnam.
- Day 6 Hoi An
- We'll get out and explore Hue this morning on an included tour of its main highlights. We'll take in the beauty of the Thien Mu Pagoda, which boasts a stunning setting overlooking the Perfume River. We'll also see the elaborate royal tombs of Tu Duc, considered one of the most beautiful sites in Hue, and Khai Dinh, which sits on the side of a mountain and is accessed by climbing more than 100 steps.
Later, there's time to rest your legs as we take a scenic journey by road to Danang and on to Hoi An.
- Day 7 Hoi An
- Discover beautiful Hoi An on a walking tour of this ancient riverside town, which is quite simply the most enchanting place on the Vietnamese coast. We will wander among its quaint streets, where we'll see highlights including the Japanese Covered Bridge, a 200-year-old merchant’s house and the 15th century Chuc Thanh Pagoda. If you'd like to explore further, why not join an optional bicycle ride past homes, vegetable gardens and fruit orchards before we reach a quaint village where the locals will offer us a warm welcome.
Later today enjoy a visit to STREETS International's Oodles of Noodles project, a scheme which supports street kids and disadvantaged young people by providing them with training for a career in the hospitality industry. You'll meet some of the students, learn about different types of noodles and then have a go at making some yourself. Afterwards, a delicious lunch of Mi Quang noodles will be served.
- Day 8 Hoi An
- During a free day you could spend time enjoying the facilities at your hotel or exploring the town and its vibrant temples and markets in the company of your fellow travellers.
Alternatively, if you'd like to discover more we offer a fabulous optional excursion to My Son. This is a major religious centre in the Champa Kingdom, and the cluster of ruined Hindu temples you will see were constructed between the 4th and the 14th century AD and dedicated to the god Shiva.
- Day 9 Ho Chi Minh City
- Today we'll fly to Ho Chi Minh City. Better known as Saigon, it is a city of amazing contrasts, where evidence of former French colonisation remains and sits alongside the fascinating culture of a predominantly Buddhist population.
Free day at leisure until dinner at a local restaurant.
- Day 10 Ho Chi Minh City
- The Cu Chi Tunnels are an amazing series of underground passages first constructed in the late 1940s by the peasant army fighting the French and later extended by the Viet Cong rebels. You can see them today on our optional excursion. Alternatively, explore Ho Chi Minh City at leisure before joining our afternoon tour of the city's highlights. We will visit the former Presidential Palace, the War Museum and the famous shopping street formerly known as Rue Catinat, we will also make a stop at the market if time permits. We end our tour with a tasting at East West Brewing, the city's first craft beer brewery. Your farewell dinner tonight is served in a local restaurant.
- Day 11 Mekong Delta
- The River Mekong descends for 3,000 miles from the Tibetan Plateau to the South China Sea and is constantly busy with sampans, barges and houseboats. As we journey into the depths of the Mekong Delta on today's included excursion, our first stop will be at Cai Be, where we will board a boat to cross the water before cruising through lush forest, narrow inlets and canals to a local restaurant for lunch. We will also visit local workshops along the way to see how the locals live in this facinating part of Vietnam.Those choosing to extend their holiday with the Cambodia add-on will continue to Can Tho for an overnight stay. The rest of the group will return to Ho Chi Minh City
- Day 12 Ho Chi Minh City to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK.
- Day 13 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Sunway Hotel Hanoi
- The 4-star Sunway Hotel is located close to a host of Hanoi's attractions including its Old Quarter.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, lounge, coffee shop, health club and sauna. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, mini-bar, coffee/tea-maker, safe and hairdryer.
- Emeraude Classic Cruise
- Emeraude cruise ship is a charming vessel incorporating many aspects of comfort and luxury. Facilities on board include a restaurant, sundeck, bar. Cabins have private facilities, air-conditioning and a private shower room.
- EMM Hotel Hue
- Located on Vietnam’s central coast, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Hue is just a 20-minute drive from Phu Bai International Airport. Nestled in the heart of the former imperial capital, ÊMM Hotel Hue is the ideal base to discover Hue’s fascinating history and unique culture with the Perfume River and the Hue Citadel just a few minutes’ walk away.Emm Hotel Hue features 72 room with modern facilities inc tv, air conditioning, coffee & tea making faciltiies, hairdryer. The hotel also have the Yen restaurat
- Hoi An Beach Resort
- The 4-star Hoi An Beach Resort is located in historic Hoi An and boasts a lovely beach-front setting. Guest rooms are decorated in traditional Vietnamese village style and include a balcony with views across manicured gardens and the ocean.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant with waterfront balcony, pool bar, two swimming pools, beauty salon, fitness centre and spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, safe, TV and hairdryer.
- Eden Star Hotel
- Eden Star Hotel is located just a short drive away from Ben Thanh Market. Opera House, Dong Khoi Street and Notre Dam Church are also not far away. The hotel amenities include sauna, high speed Wi Fi connectivity, newspapers in lobby, television in the common areas, computer stations, safe deposit box at front desk, snack bar, 24 hour front desk, dry cleaning/laundry services, Full service spa, poolside bar and concierge services. Hotel rooms are equipped with a minibar, in room safe, slippers, LCD TV, phone, bathrobes, hairdryer, 24 hour room service, desk, coffee/tea maker and a refrigerator. The hotel has its own Eden Saigon Restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Traditional water puppet show with dinner in Hanoi
- Hoi An cycle ride
- Ancient My Son
- Cu Chi Tunnels