Discover Vietnam At Christmas
An intriguing country with a colourful history, stunning landscapes and a vibrant atmosphere, Vietnam is a truly unique destination. On this festive departure your first stop is its lively capital, Hanoi, where you'll explore both on foot and by cyclo – Vietnam's answer to the rickshaw – and watch a water puppet show. During an overnight cruise on the idyllic waters of Halong Bay you'll enjoy a gala Christmas Eve dinner, before discovering the highlights of Hue, including the Thien Mu Pagoda. Hoi An is next, and you can choose to explore this riverside town by bicycle. From Ho Chi Minh City you could explore the amazing Cu Chi Tunnels, and on New Year's Eve you'll take to the water once more as you cruise into the depths of the Mekong Delta.
An intriguing country with a colourful history, stunning landscapes and a vibrant atmosphere, Vietnam is a truly unique destination. On this festive departure, discover its lively capital, Hanoi, cruise on idyllic Halong Bay, journey to the Mekong Delta and explore Ho Chi Minh City.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with a scheduled airline
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 10 nights in 4-star hotels and 2 nights in flight
- 22 meals: 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Hanoi city tour
- Hanoi cyclo tour
- Traditional water puppet show
- Halong Bay overnight cruise
- Hue city tour
- Walking tour of Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh City tour
- Journey along the Mekong Delta
- Day 1 UK to Hanoi
- Today we'll fly to Hanoi, arriving on day 2.
- Day 2 Hanoi
- On arrival in Hanoi, we'll transfer to our hotel. After time to settle in, we'll get to know one another over a drink and dinner this evening.
- Day 3 Hanoi
- Hanoi is Vietnam's vibrant capital, and this morning we include a tour here. See the restored Opera House, the One Pillar Pagoda and Ba Dinh Square, where silent sentries guard the marble and granite mausoleum where Ho Chi Minh lies in state. A great way to experience this lively city is aboard cyclos – Vietnam's answer to the rickshaw. Step aboard your cyclo in the afternoon for a tour of the ancient quarter, or 36 Streets district as it is also known. This is a souvenir hunters' paradise, where old homes and temples vie for attention alongside shops selling silk clothing, silver products and more. Later, we travel by cyclo to the theatre to see the famous Water Puppet show.
- Day 4 Christmas Eve Halong Bay
- Halong Bay is a truly beautiful spot and a UNESCO-listed site. We will board a boat for a cruise and overnight stay amongst the dramatic limestone peaks that rise out of the sea. Entering one of the vast caves allows you to see the gigantic stalactites and stalagmites. On board this evening we'll enjoy a special Christmas Eve gala dinner.
- DAY 5 Christmas Day Hue
- Enjoy some time at leisure on Christmas morning, before we fly south and transfer to Hue, the former capital of Vietnam. The city is teeming with magnificent sights, which we will discover tomorrow.
- DAY 6 Boxing Day Hoi An
- This morning our included tour of Hue includes the Thien Mu Pagoda, which boasts a gorgeous setting overlooking the Perfume River. We'll also see the royal tombs of Tu Duc and Khai Dinh before the scenic drive to Danang and on to Hoi An.
- DAY 7 Hoi An
- Hoi An is a relaxed and picturesque town surrounded by beautiful countryside and a bicycle ride is a great way to explore the area. Our optional cycle ride will take us past homes, vegetable gardens and fruit orchards before reaching a quaint village where the locals offer a warm welcome. See even more on a walking tour of this ancient, riverside town, which is quite simply the most enchanting place on the Vietnamese coast. We will wander its quaint streets in the company of our Tour Manager, viewing highlights including the Japanese Covered Bridge, a 200-year-old merchant's house and the 15th century Chuc Thanh Pagoda.
- DAY 8 Hoi An
- My Son is a major religious centre in the Champa Kingdom, and an optional excursion will take in the many monuments here. Alternatively, spend time enjoying the facilities at your hotel or exploring the town and its vibrant temples and markets in the company of your fellow travellers.
- DAY 9 Ho Chi Minh City
- Today we'll fly to Ho Chi Minh City, better known as Saigon. It is a city of amazing contrasts. Evidence of former French colonisation remains, and this, combined with the culture of the predominantly Buddhist population and the booming free-market economy, makes for a memorable visit.
- DAY 10 Ho Chi Minh City
- The Cu Chi Tunnels are an amazing series of underground passages first constructed in the late 1940s by the peasant army fighting the French and later extended by the Viet Cong rebels. You can see them today on our optional excursion. Alternatively, explore Ho Chi Minh City at leisure before joining our afternoon tour of the city's highlights. We will visit the former Presidential Palace, the War Museum and the famous shopping street formerly known as Rue Catinat. This evening, we will gather for a farewell dinner with the group.
- DAY 11 New Year's Eve Mekong Delta
- The River Mekong descends for 3,000 miles from the Tibetan Plateau to the South China Sea and is constantly busy with sampans, barges and houseboats. As we journey into the depths of the Mekong Delta, our first stop will be at Cai Be, where we will board a boat to cross the water before cruising through lush forest, narrow inlets and canals to a local restaurant for lunch. We will also visit local workshops along the way. Very little has changed over the centuries in this part of Vietnam, and everything and everybody has to travel by boat.
Later, we'll head back to Ho Chi Minh City for an overnight stay.
- DAY 12 New Year's Day Ho Chi Minh City to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport today for our return flight to the UK.
- Day 13 UK
- We'll arrive back in the UK today.
- Sunway Hotel Hanoi
- The 4-star Sunway Hotel is located close to a host of Hanoi's attractions including its Old Quarter.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant, lounge, coffee shop, health club and sauna. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, mini-bar, coffee/tea-maker, safe and hairdryer.
- Emeraude Classic Cruise
- Emeraude cruise ship is a charming vessel incorporating many aspects of comfort and luxury. Facilities on board include a restaurant, sundeck, bar. Cabins have private facilities, air-conditioning and a private shower room.
- EMM Hotel Hue
- Located on Vietnam’s central coast, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Hue is just a 20-minute drive from Phu Bai International Airport. Nestled in the heart of the former imperial capital, ÊMM Hotel Hue is the ideal base to discover Hue’s fascinating history and unique culture with the Perfume River and the Hue Citadel just a few minutes’ walk away.Emm Hotel Hue features 72 room with modern facilities inc tv, air conditioning, coffee & tea making faciltiies, hairdryer. The hotel also have the Yen restaurat
- Hoi An Beach Resort
- The 4-star Hoi An Beach Resort is located in historic Hoi An and boasts a lovely beach-front setting. Guest rooms are decorated in traditional Vietnamese village style and include a balcony with views across manicured gardens and the ocean.
Hotel facilities include a restaurant with waterfront balcony, pool bar, two swimming pools, beauty salon, fitness centre and spa. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, mini-bar, safe, TV and hairdryer.
- Eden Star Hotel
- Eden Star Hotel is located just a short drive away from Ben Thanh Market. Opera House, Dong Khoi Street and Notre Dam Church are also not far away. The hotel amenities include sauna, high speed Wi Fi connectivity, newspapers in lobby, television in the common areas, computer stations, safe deposit box at front desk, snack bar, 24 hour front desk, dry cleaning/laundry services, Full service spa, poolside bar and concierge services. Hotel rooms are equipped with a minibar, in room safe, slippers, LCD TV, phone, bathrobes, hairdryer, 24 hour room service, desk, coffee/tea maker and a refrigerator. The hotel has its own Eden Saigon Restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Hoi An cycle ride
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- My Son