- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSEIPU
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: 3
Step away from the crowds and enjoy a taste of the real Italy in beautiful Puglia. From your base in the village of Selva de Fasano, your exploration of this rarely visited region begins with a trip to a beautiful five-star masseria, where you will enjoy a delicious meal. Discover ancient Sassi dwellings carved into rock in Matera, see Trulli houses in Alberobello and explore the charming town of Lecce, known for its fantastic Baroque architecture. There’s also plenty of time to relax and enjoy the facilities at your hotel, or if you prefer, you can continue the sightseeing with our range of optional excursions.
Step away from the crowds and enjoy a taste of the real Italy in beautiful Puglia. This rarely visited region is home to unique conical Trulli houses, fascinating rock-carved Sassi dwellings and grand Baroque architecture.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 7 dinners including lunch at a masseria
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Complimentary wi-fi on board your coach
- Lunch at the five-star Masseria Torre Coccaro
- Discover Matera's Sassis dwellings
- Alberobello, Locorotondo & Martina Franca visits
- The charming town of Lecce
- Day 1 UK to Bari
- Fly to Bari today. At your hotel in the small, picturesque village of Selva di Fasano you will have the chance to get to know your travelling companions over a drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Masseria Torre Coccaro
- After a leisurely morning we will head to the beautiful five-star Masseria Torre Coccaro where you will be served a delicious meal - the philosophy of the masseria means that produce is always sourced locally. The setting for this once fortified manor house is spectacular, as the scenery stretches out across the bourgainvilia adorned terraces to miles of idyllic countryside.
- Day 3 Matera
- Matera is a fascinating city, famous for the Sassi stone houses that decorate the landscape. Carved directly into the calcarenitic rock, these ancient cave dwellings, thought to house some of the earliest human settlements in Italy, were originally home to Turkish monks. To learn more about these fascinating houses we take a walking tour through Matera. You will be accompanied by a knowledgeable Local Guide who will be able to tell you more about the history of the area and answer any questions you may have.
- Day 4 Ostuni & olive oil tasting
- Take the chance today to relax and enjoy your resort, Selva di Fasano.
You might choose to join an optional excursion which takes you to a local olive oil producer. Here you will be given the opportunity to see how the oil is produced, as well as sample the final product.We also visit the beautiful town of Ostuni, which dates back to the 1st century AD, when it was an important Greco-Roman city. This is a lovely place to visit and a true picture of an Apulian town, with its whitewashed houses, meandering lanes and a colourfully tiled Gothic cathedral at its heart.
- Day 5 Alberobello, Locorotondo & Martina Franca
- The fascinating Valley of Itria presents plenty of opportunities to see the attractive Trulli houses that epitomise the region. Cylindrical in shape and topped by a conical roof, these ancient buildings line the streets of Alberobello, one of the towns we visit today. We will also discover the narrow lanes and whitewashed buildings of hilltop Locorotondo and Martina Franca, an evocative town filled with medieval palaces, churches and balconied houses.
- Day 6 Lecce
- Lecce is our destination today. A Local Guide will introduce you to this charming town with its wealth of history, fine architecture, high-end boutiques and sophisticated cafés. The Roman amphitheatre is particularly notable, it was excavated in the 1930s and has seating for up to 15,000 spectators. We will also see the intricately carved facade of the Church of Santa Croce, which features gargoyles, dragons and a large rose window adorned with sculptures of flowers and cherubs. It is a fine example of the town's fantastic Baroque architecture, which has given rise to its nickname 'The Florence of the South'.
- Day 7 Monopoli
- The pretty coastal town of Monopoli is just a short distance from our base in Selva di Fasano. With its medieval centre, pretty Baroque cathedral, bustling market square and inviting beach promenade, an optional excursion to Monopoli promises to be a truly memorable visit. Explore Selva di Fasano, a little hilltop village and the location of your hotel, as an alternative to Monopoli. Or perhaps simply enjoy the hotel's facilities and the glorious Italian sunshine from the comfort of the hotel grounds. This evening we will meet at the hotel for a farewell get-together.
- Day 8 Bari to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK today.
- Hotel Sierra Silvana
The beautiful 4-star Hotel Sierra Silvana is located in the heart of Selva di Fasano, on the outskirts on Salento. Le Selva di Fasano is a beautiful location encompassed in natural flora, woodland, and oak trees. The Sierra Silvana hotel is situated in the heart of the beautiful town and set within a beautiful garden, in the perfect location for exploring the local area.
The hotel is perfect for both relaxing and exploring, set amidst fragrant pine trees. Perhaps relax amongst the greenery and the Mediterranean pool or get active with a game of tennis. In the central building there are cosy lounges and an American bar that overlooks a sunny large terrace, where tasty snacks are served. There are also other various locations onsite to relax and enjoy the unique flavour of Apulian cuisine with carefully selected ingredients.
The bedrooms are surrounded by Mediterranean gardens with included facilities such as bathtub/shower, telephone, minibar, air conditioning, satellite TV and Sky channels, hairdryer, WIFI area and a small balcony. Hotel facilities include a café, restaurant, bar, large swimming pool and a health club to enhance your relaxation.
- Ostuni & olive oil tasting
- Explore the pretty coastal town of Monopoli
The above optional excursions can be pre-booked as a package from just £74.Back to top