|Experience the magic of the Danube on this 6-day river cruise which takes you to the charming cities of Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava. You can also enjoy a relaxing journey through the scenic Wachau Valley.|
Experience the magic of the Danube on this 6-day river cruise which takes you to the charming cities of Vienna, Budapest and Bratislava. You can also enjoy a relaxing journey through the scenic Wachau Valley.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- The services of a Just You Tour Manager & Local Guide
- Return scheduled flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa & overseas transfers
- 5 nights all inclusive on board 4-star premium ship
- All meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
- All drinks (excluding Champagne & selected wines)
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- A full programme of optional shore excursions
- Day 1 UK to Munich/Engelhartszell
- Fly to Munich and transfer to the Austrian city of Engelhartzsell, which lies on the border with Germany. Here you'll board your river cruiser and meet your travelling companions and the crew at a welcome drinks reception.
- Day 2 Vienna
- Sit back and enjoy the views as we cruise to Vienna, the capital of Austria. A diverse city with a rich imperial history, it boasts intriguing architecture and this afternoon's optional tour will introduce you to many impressive sights. Travelling along the Ringstrasse – an elegant boulevard – we'll see the famous Vienna State Opera, the Parliament building, City Hall and the Museum of Fine Arts. We'll continue on to Prater, home of the city's Giant Ferris Wheel, and admire the colourful façade of the Hundertwasser House, before taking in panoramic views from the gardens of the Belvedere Palace.
- Day 3 Budapest
- Today we'll arrive in Budapest, the vibrant capital of Hungary. Divided into two parts by the Danube, the city is made up of historic Buda on one side of the river and modern Pest on the other. Perhaps you'll choose to join our optional excursion by coach, taking in highlights including the millennium monument on Heroes' Square, the magnificent opera house, the former stock exchange and the neo-Gothic-style parliament building.
We then enjoy a walking tour of the Buda hills, taking us to the UNESCO-listed Matthias Church, and the Fisherman's Bastion. From here, you can enjoy fantastic views over the River Danube and Pest. Your excursion ends with a trip to Gellért Hill, with its trademark 220-metre-long citadel and the Freedom Statue.
- Day 4 Bratislava
- Bratislava became the capital of Slovakia when the country gained independence in 1993. Today you can join an optional excursion to Bratislava Castle, which sits on a hill and dominates the city. From this 85-metre-high plateau, you can take in great views over the Danube. Next, we'll explore the city's historic centre, with its Renaissance houses and baroque palaces, on a walking tour.
- Day 5 Krem & Melk
- This morning we arrive in Krem, where you can join an optional tour by coach through the beautiful Wachau region to Melk, where we'll visit its famous abbey. The town has been a spiritual centre for more than 1,000 years since Margrave Leopold I made Melk castle his residence in the 10th century. In the 11th century, the castle was given to Benedictine monks who transformed it into the abbey you can see today.
If you decide to stay on board in Krem you will cruise along the Wachau Valley to Melk.
- Day 6 Engelhartszell / Munich to UK
- We'll disembark the ship today and transfer to Munich for our flight back to the UK.
- A-Rosa Donna
- Facilities on board the A-ROSA Donna include a health and beauty centre with solarium, sauna, steam room and fitness area, lounge, bar, café bar, and a sun deck with putting green, shuffleboard, chess and a small swimming pool.
All cabins are outside and feature en suite facilities, a panoramic window or French balcony, TV, telephone, safe and hairdryer.
- Guided tour of Vienna
- Discover Margaret Island and St Stephen's Basilica in Budapest
- Walking tour of Bratislava