Croatia's Istrian Coast
Sparkling seas backed by lush forests, elegant resorts and attractive towns. Istria is Croatia's beautiful northern region, boasting a brilliant combination of intriguing history, idyllic scenery and picturesque coastlines – discover it all from your seafront hotel.
Istria is Croatia's beautiful northern region, boasting a brilliant combination of intriguing history, idyllic scenery and picturesque coastlines – discover it all from your seafront hotel.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 15 included meals: 7 breakfasts,1 lunch, 7 dinners including welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Opatija tour & chocolate tasting
- Visit Plitvice Lakes
- Discover Pula & Rovinj on the Istrian Peninsula
- Winery tour & tasting
- Day 1 UK - Zagreb
- You’ll fly to Zagreb today and we will transfer you to your hotel in Lovran, a charming town with a relaxed atmosphere on the eastern coast of Istria. Enjoy some time to settle in and explore your surroundings, before getting to know your travelling companions
over a welcome drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Opatija
- Located in Kvarner Bay, the stylish resort of Opatija, boasts amazing sea views and splendid Austro-Hungarian architecture. We'll visit here on today's included excursion and take a stroll around the beautifully maintained gardens and along the lovely coastal promenade – the Lungomare – which forms a stunning backdrop to the town's elegant villas, hotels, shops and cafés. We'll also enjoy a chocolate-making demonstration followed by a tasting. Tonight we join the Kvarner themed dinner in the hotel, where you'll sample some local specialities.
- Day 3 Plitvice National Park
- Croatia's UNESCO-listed Plitvice National Park is situated in a valley between forested mountainsides. Here, 16 beautiful lakes spill into one another forming impressive cascading waterfalls, and we'll enjoy a full day wandering around the bridges and paths that connect the lakes. We'll take a relaxing boat trip across Lake Kozjak, the largest in the park, and look out for native deer, wild boar and a huge array of bird species.
- Day 4 Pula & Rovinj
- We’ll discover more highlights of the Istrian Peninsula on today’s included excursion. Our first stop is Pula, with its Roman ruins and immense amphitheatre – one of the world’s largest and best preserved. We’ll then head to a family-owned winery set on a hill
surrounded by vineyards. Here, we’ll enjoy a guided tour of the cellars and a tasting of four different wines with a light lunch of cheese, prosciutto, bread and olive oil. Next, we’ll head to the popular resort of Rovinj to take in the sights of the bustling harbour and the Old Town, before calling at a traditional farm where we’ll learn about olive oil production and enjoy a tasting.
- Day 5 Lovran - at Leisure
- Enjoy a free day to enjoy the facilities at your hotel. Perhaps take a dip in the pool or relax on the stone-paved beach, soaking up the sun as you look out over the Adriatic Sea. If you want to explore a little further afield, why not join our optional excursion to Ljubljana in neighbouring Slovenia. In the company of a Local Guide, we'll take the funicular up to Ljubljana Castle, enter the courtyard and admire sensational vistas from the viewing tower. After lunch in a local restaurant, you'll have some free time to explore at your own pace. Perhaps shop for souvenirs or enjoy a drink with your travelling companions in one of the inviting local bars.
- Day 6 Lovran - at Leisure
- Explore at leisure today, either independently or in the company of your travelling companions. Your hotel is conveniently located just a short stroll from the historic centre of Lovran with its rich architectural heritage.
Alternatively, there are a couple of optional excursions to choose from. You could join us on an optional boat trip to the beautiful island of Cres. We'll drop anchor in a lovely bay where you can swim in the crystal-clear waters and enjoy a tasty barbecue lunch on board. Or, for something completely different, how about a zip line adventure? You'll head to the town of Pazin and admire views of the stunning countryside, a river gorge and medieval castle as you soar through the air on this exhilarating experience.
This evening, there's a treat in store as we get together for a Mediterranean-themed dinner.
- Day 7 Lovran - at Leisure
- Enjoy another relaxing day today. Maybe take a dip in one of the hotel's pools or if you fancy some pampering, perhaps treat yourself to a beauty treatment or massage in the hotel spa. If you want to discover more, today's optional excursion takes us to the medieval hill-top town of Motovun, where you'll admire wonderful views over the surrounding landscape. We'll head off on a truffle hunt with an official guide and his dog, to learn more about this local delicacy and how it is sought. Afterwards, we'll enjoy a delicious truffle lunch at a farm in Livade.
This evening, we'll gather as a group for a farewell get-together.
- Day 8 Zagreb - UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Remisens Hotel Excelsior
- Newly renovated for 2015, the 4-star Ramisens Hotel Excelsior, located on Lovran’s sea-front, is nestled in Kvarner Bay on the beautiful Istrian coast. A short stroll along the promenade is Lovran’s historic centre. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, indoor and outdoor swimming pool (typically open May-Sept), man-made sauna, entertainment on some days and the hotel’s stone beach. Bedrooms feature private facilities, air-conditioning, TV, hairdryer and mini-bar. Sea view upgrade rooms available at a supplement.
- Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia
- Boat trip to the island of Cres
- Motovun & the village of Livade with truffle hunting
- Pazin zip line experience