Croatia & The Makarska Riviera
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: Half Board
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSECRM
- Travel Type: Air
- 3 star hotel
Soak up the beauty of Croatia's coast as you explore ancient walled cities and discover natural wonders including Krka National park and a clutch of idyllic islands.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with Croatia Airlines
- 7 nights half board in 4-star hotels
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 7 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Sightseeing tour of Zadar
- Visit to Pag Island with cheese tasting
- Cruise to the islands of Brac & Hvar, with lunch & wine
- Krka National Park with wine tasting
- Day 1 UK to Split
- Fly to Split in Croatia today. Get to know your travelling companions over a drink and a late dinner at your hotel this evening.
- Day 2 Zadar
- Zadar is a city with a history spanning more than 3,000 years, and your tour gives you the chance to admire the fortified walls which were built by the Venetians to protect it from Ottoman invaders. You've also the chance to see, and hear, Zadar's sea organ. What looks like a broad staircase is actually a very clever system of pipes and whistles that descends into the sea, and as the waves crash over it, it produces a hypnotic sound. Our tour also takes in the remains of the Roman Forum and the church of St Donat – the focal point of the city.
- Day 3 Pag Island
- This morning we're going to head to Pag Island, which is connected to the mainland by a bridge. The island is well known for its salt production, its traditional lace and its highly prized sheep's cheese. Upon arrival we'll set off on a short walking tour of Pag town with our Local Guide, which includes visits to the Salt Museum and the Lace Museum. You'll then have free time here to explore at your own pace, before we head to the island's cheese factory and indulge in a tasting.
- Day 4 Krka National Park
- Today we are going to explore Krka National Park, which features the breathtaking Skradinski Buk Falls among its natural wonders. Many wildlife species and mammals make their home here too, including the endangered European otter, so if you're lucky you may see one of these endearing creatures.
Next we head to a vineyard to try some of Croatia's excellent wines.
- Day 5 Dubrovnik
- Enjoy the clear waters of the Adriatic and maybe take the chance to unwind in the bars scattered along the coastline as you spend a day in your resort.
Alternatively, why not join us on an optional full-day excursion to Dubrovnik. Widely referred to as the 'Pearl of the Adriatic', this historic city is famed for its beauty. We'll stroll through a well-preserved maze of narrow streets and charming squares, and head up to the impressive city walls. We'll also see the magnificent cathedral here and the Franciscan monastery, which houses the oldest pharmacy in Europe. During free time, explore further with your travelling companions and maybe head to a restaurant for a spot of lunch.
- Day 6 Tucepi
- Tucepi is a delightful town with an inviting beach and a lovely centre. Take time today to explore your surroundings, relax at your hotel or perhaps enjoy the pool or beach.
Alternatively, you could join an optional trip to the beautiful city of Mostar, in neighbouring Bosnia and Herzegovina. On a tour we'll discover highlights including the iconic Stari Most, or Old Bridge, after which the city is named. Built in the 16th century, the bridge was destroyed during the Bosnian War in the 1990s but has been faithfully restored to its former glory.
- Day 7 Islands of Hvar & Brac
- Croatia is well known for its many picturesque islands, and today we include a cruise to two of the largest, Brac and Hvar. We'll step ashore in the popular town of Bol on the island of Brac, where the iconic Zlatni Rat beach juts out into the Adriatic. Next we head the beautiful island of Hvar to take a stroll around the old port town of Jelsa. Our cruise then continues as we soak up gorgeous views and enjoy an included lunch with wine.
Back at the hotel this evening, we'll gather for a farewell dinner.
- Day 8 Split to UK
- Today we'll transfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK.
- Pinija Hotel
- The 4-star Hotel has a really great position near the peaceful beach. It’s also close to cultural Zadar, a great destination to visit during your time here. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, café, indoor pool and outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept). Bedrooms have private facilities.
- Bluesun Resort
- The 4-star Blue Sun Hotel is just a few steps away from a lovely beach, the perfect place for relaxation. And when it’s time to explore, you’ll find that it’s also within easy reach of the city’s must-see sights. Hotel facilities include a restaurant, bar, indoor pool and outdoor pool (typically open May-Sept). Bedrooms have private facilities, minibar, TV, air-conditioning and hairdryer.
- Tour of Dubrovnik
- Visit to Mostar