Costa De La Luz
- Duration: 8 days
- Board Basis: All Inclusive
- Tour Ref: D2TJUSSESCL
- Travel Type: Air
- 4 star hotel
- Excursions: None
Traditional in style and pace, the Costa de la Luz is well placed for easy access to an array of Spain's highlights. Head to Andalucia's regional capital, Seville, discover the Columbus Trail and relax on sun-kissed beaches.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights all inclusive in a 4-star hotel
- 21 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Free bar serving local wines, beers and spirits
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & Farewell get together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Seville tour
- The Columbus Trail
- Visit to Huelva
- Day 1 UK to Faro
- You'll fly to Faro in Portugal today. On arrival you'll transfer to your hotel, just across the border on Spain's Costa de la Luz. We'll gather as a group this evening for a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 2 El Rompido
- You can spend today at leisure enjoying the facilities at your hotel. You could perhaps head to the nearby beach or take a refreshing dip in the pool.
- Day 3 Seville
- Today we include an excursion to the beautiful city of Seville, the regional capital of Andalucia. Take a stroll along citrus-lined streets, admire mighty churches, and visit the Alcazar, the royal palace built on the site of a Moorish fort. You could choose to head to the Plaza de España, a semi-circular complex which is home to monumental staircases, fountains and a beautifully tiled alcove for each of Spain's provinces. If you're feeling peckish, be sure to dip into some of the many tapas bars here. It's traditional to sample one or two dishes then move on to the next bar to try something different. Perhaps enjoy your tapas with a cool white sherry, another Andalusian speciality.
- Day 4 The Columbus Trail
- Andalucia was a hugely significant location for Christopher Columbus, and the aptly named Columbus Trail pinpoints the main sites connected with this great explorer. On an included tour today, we will visit La Rabida Monastery, where Columbus stayed whilst waiting for financial backing from the Catholic monarchs for his voyage to the New World in 1492. We'll also head to the Harbour of the Caravels, to see full-size replicas of the three vessels that made this historic journey, the Santa Maria, Pinta and Niña.
- Day 5 Tavira
- As we're so close to the border with Portugal we have the ideal opportunity today to join an optional excursion to Tavira, on the beautiful Algarve. The town's origins date back to around 2000 BC but in 1755 virtually all of its buildings were destroyed by an earthquake. However, it was rebuilt and is now home to fine 18th century architecture displaying Roman, Arab and Christian influences, as well as 37 churches. On our visit we can admire the Roman bridge which spans the River Gilao, stroll along the riverbank, or perhaps enjoy a refreshing drink and lovely views from one of the pavement cafés.
- Day 6 El Rompido
- You've another day to relax and enjoy the facilities at your hotel. You might choose to relax by the swimming pool or enjoy a drink with your travelling companions.
- Day 7 Huelva
- Today's included excursion takes us to Huelva, perhaps one of the oldest settlements in Spain, with a history dating back more than 5,000 years. On our tour we'll discover pretty plazas and historic monuments.
- Day 8 Faro to UK
- We'll transfer to the airport today for the flight back to the UK.
- Sentido Garden Playanatural Hotel & Spa
- Visit Tavira