Classic Cities Of Italy
Walk in the footsteps of ancient civilisations and marvel at masterpieces in one of the world's most enticing countries. Our Classic Cities of Italy tour captures the highlights of five enchanting destinations in one irresistible trip. You'll bask in the romance of canals and palaces in Venice, admire world-class art in Florence and see the ancient ruins of Rome. Discover Siena and Pisa amid picture-perfect Tuscan landscapes and explore hidden treasures with expert Local Guides. Our adventures blend with relaxing hotels, so it's always easy to pop out for gelato.
Discover the glorious history of Rome, Florence's artistic splendour, enchanting Venice canals and much more across Italy's iconic cities. We'll find hidden treasures with expert Local Guides and enjoy relaxing hotels on this unforgettable trip.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Gatwick with Easyjet
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 7 nights in central 3 and 4-star hotels
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners, plus a welcome drink
- Taste typical Tuscan food in a restaurant in Florence
- Overseas transfers,transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Sightseeing around Rome, including the Trevi Fountain
- Tour of medieval Siena
- Walking tour of Florence
- Visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Venice tour including St Mark's Square & the Grand Canal
- 24-hour Venice Waterbus travel pass
- Day 1 UK - Rome
- You'll fly from the UK today to start your exciting adventure in Rome. We'll meet you at the airport to transfer to our first hotel. Then, simply settle in, relax and meet your fellow travellers.
- Day 2 Rome
- Get ready for an awe-inspiring introduction to Rome and many of its world famous landmarks on our guided walking tour. Stroll up the photogenic Spanish Steps from the Piazza Spagna to the church of Trinta dei Monti. We'll visit the stunning Trevi Fountain so you can toss a coin into the magical waters and ensure your return visit to the Eternal City.
- Day 3 Rome - at Leisure
- Enjoy a day at leisure and follow your nose to exquisite cuisine. Don't miss out on trying traditional Roman dishes, like cheese-filled supplì, spaghetti alla carbonara and the sweet maritozzo pastry. Delve further into the history of Rome's iconic monuments or prepare to stuff your suitcase full of treasures from flea markets and antique stores, and the world's most luxurious brand names. Alternatively, you can choose to join us for an optional excursion to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We'll discover some of the world's most famous art collections, from Egyptian mummies to ancient busts and Michelangelo's draw-dropping ceiling frescoes. Other highlights include the Raphael Rooms, the Papal Throne and the majestic corridor hosting the Gallery of the Statues.
- Day 4 Rome - Siena - Florence
- Say goodbye to Rome (safe in the knowledge that you'll return one day), as we journey north through the rolling hills of Tuscany. Inspiring landscapes of cypress trees, olive groves and medieval castles lead us to our stop in the magical town of Siena. In essence, it's an open-air museum of Gothic-style architecture that thrills history buffs from across the globe. Explore narrow streets lined with palaces, delicious pastry shops and charming boutiques. Discover the splendid Piazza del Campo, which is the dramatic setting for the celebrated yearly Palio horse race, and soak up the ambience of panoramic views, ancient fountains and soaring spires. This evening we'll sit down to a mouthwatering dinner together at a local restaurant in Florence.
- Day 5 Florence
- Today we explore the architectural masterpieces and world-famous art in the Italian birthplace of the Renaissance - Florence. The charming cobbled streets of are perfect for our guided walking tour, taking in elegant palaces, chapels and museums bursting with works by great masters, such as Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci. Afterwards, you can choose to 'skip-the-line' on an optional, guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery to see art by Botticelli, Raphael and many more. Alternatively, enjoy free time to rub the shiny nose of the Il Porcellino statue for luck, stroll picturesque bridges crossing the Arno River or simply indulge in la dolce vita with the locals.
- Day 6 Florence - Pisa - Venice
- Expect excitement in the air today as we continue our journey north to Venice, with a stop at one of Italy's most photographed sights. The Leaning Tower of Pisa once tilted at about a 10-degree angle, a quirk that appeared during its construction due to shifting soil. It's stable now, but still retains the famous lean that has spawned a thousand 'look at me holding up this huge building' tourist snaps. Following some time for such pictures, we'll travel on to our hotel in Venice. You'll love the location here, on the doorstep of award-winning beaches and Art Deco buildings of Venice Lido, home of the celebrated Venice Film Festival. Perhaps best of all, the ferry stop is right outside for a scenic, 10-minute ride to the famous St Mark's Square.
- Day 7 Venice
- The extraordinary floating city of Venice captivates all your senses with its intriguing canals, elaborate palaces and flamboyant history. Our walking tour with a Local Guide offers an extra special experience. Expert knowledge accompanies our explorations of the Rialto Bridge, the Doge's Palace, the Basilica di San Marco and the magnificent Grand Canal. Free time lets you explore at your own pace and a 24-hour Waterbus travel pass makes it easy. Drift through a wealth of fragrant cafes, treat yourself to a gondola ride and people-watch in the heart of bustling St Mark's Square. Or get delightfully lost in narrow, atmospheric lanes that bring surprising discoveries at every turn. We'll gather together this evening at the hotel for a farewell dinner while sharing memorable moments.
- Day 8 Venice - UK
- Today we'll transfer back to the airport for our flight home to the UK.
- Hotel Raganelli Rome
- The 4-star Raganelli Hotel in Rome has a convenient location close to the Vatican City and the charming city centre. Inside, you’ll find that the hotel has been decorated with excellent attention to detail, resulting in a modern yet cosy atmosphere.
Hotel facilities include a bar, roof garden and Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Bedrooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, hairdryer and TV.
- Hotel Dannunzio
- Surrounded by a relaxing 6000-m² garden from the late 1800s, Villa Gabriele d''Annunzio is a 10-minute drive from the historic centre of Florence. It features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. This former ancient monastery has been renovated into an elegant hotel, offering a stylish entrance and lounge area. In the lovely breakfast room you will enjoy a generous buffet breakfast. A bar is also available
- Hotel Riviera Venezia
- "Hotel Riviera is housed in a historic palace and features a panoramic, strategic location in front of the lagoon and the waterbus stop, within quick reach of Venice’s historic centre. From the waterbus stop located just outside the hotel you can reach St. Mark’s Square, in Venice, in about 10 minutes. The waterbus stop offers regular service to Marco Polo Airport, Piazzale Roma Bus Terminal and Venezia Santa Lucia Railway Station as well. Lido is more affordable and tranquil than Venice - and yet very close to it. The seaside resort has also attractions of its own, including the beach (the hotel can arrange sun beds and umbrellas on request) and the Venice Film Festival."
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel in Rome
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Uffizi Gallery Museum in Florence
Back to top