Christmas With The Countess Luppis
This year you are invited to spend Christmas with the Countess Luppis in her home, an elegant boutique hotel, reserved exclusively for Just You guests. You'll head off to explore nearby Venice, an extraordinary city of palaces, bridges and canals, which is even more magical during the festive season. A further highlight is the chance to also explore Padua, known as the setting for Shakespeare's famous comedy The Taming of the Shrew.
This year you are invited to spend Christmas with the Countess Luppis in her home, an elegant boutique hotel, reserved exclusively for Just You guests. Sightseeing in Venice and Padua complete this unique festive treat.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Gatwick with easyJet
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at selected UK airports
- 4 nights in a 4-star boutique hotel which is home to the Countess Luppis and has been reserved exclusively for Just You guests
- 9 meals: 4 breakfasts, 1 Christmas Day lunch with wine, 4 dinners including a welcome drink
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Meet the Countess Luppis & learn about her family history
- Tour the floating city of Venice
- Enjoy festive games & a treasure hunt with prizes on Christmas Day
- Live music on one evening
- Guided tour of Padua
- Complimentary daily spa entry & a free massage or mud body treatment
- Dine on original & creative cuisine inspired by local produce & tradition
- Day 1 UK - Venice
- You'll fly to Venice today. On arrival we'll transfer you to your lovely boutique hotel in Pasiano di Pordenone, on the border between the regions of Veneto and Friuli. This is the residence of the Countess Luppis and the hotel has been reserved exclusively for you and your fellow Just You travellers.
The Countess will personally greet you on your arrival and welcome you into her home. After you've settled into your room, join your fellow travellers for a welcome drink before dinner. Each evening you will dine in the sumptuous surroundings of the hotel's restaurant on gourmet cuisine created using traditional cooking methods and fresh local produce.
Your holiday also includes a free treatment in the hotel's brand new spa. You can choose from either a massage or a relaxing mud body treatment.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Venice
- Today we're going to head to the extraordinary floating city of Venice for a guided tour. We'll see famous landmarks, starting in St Mark's Square, which is dominated by the Church of St Mark and is Venice's focal point. We'll also see the magnificent Doge's Palace, and cross the Rialto Bridge, which spans the Grand Canal, where we can watch gondolas glide beneath us. The city is a mesmerising sight at any time of the year but it is even more magical when it is illuminated by sparkling lights.
We'll also see the city from the water as we board a boat and take in some of these incredible sights as we cruise the famous canals.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, Pasiano di Pordenone
- It's Christmas Day, so enjoy a leisurely morning before we gather for a delicious seven-course festive lunch at the hotel. The Countess Luppis and her family will join us in the restaurant for what promises to be a wonderful dining experience as we sample many exquisite dishes. After we've eaten we'll enjoy some festive games and live music.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Padua
- Enjoy breakfast in the elegant surroundings of the hotel before we set off on a trip to Padua. The city is known as the setting for Shakespeare's comedy The Taming of the Shrew and is thought to be the oldest in northern Italy. On a tour we'll see highlights including the 13th century Basilica of St Anthony, a place of pilgrimage for generations.
- Day 5 Venice - UK
- After breakfast the Countess Luppis will bid us farewell as we transfer to Venice for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Villa Luppis
- The Hotel Villa Luppis is located in 12 acres of gardens between the regions of Veneto and Friuli. This elegant boutique hotel in the style of a country house, was formerly a Benedictine monastery, and is owned by and home to Countess Luppis. Facilities include a gourmet restaurant, piano bar, swimming pool, tennis court and gym. Guest rooms feature private facilities, hairdryer, air-conditioning, mini-bar and period furnishings.