Christmas On The Amalfi Coast
Spend your Italian Christmas in the delightful village of Minori on the Amalfi Coast. From here, we'll discover the picturesque town of Amalfi and visit nearby Ravello, a clifftop town offering spectacular views. On Christmas Day, after tucking into lunch, we'll see the incredible lights in Salerno, and Boxing Day promises to be very special as we tour the ruins of Pompeii and visit the lively resort of Sorrento.
Stunning views, historic sites and tastings of local specialities are all wrapped up in this festive treat.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- 4 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 9 included meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners & Christmas Day lunch including a welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers, other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Discover the scenic Amalfi Coast & clifftop Ravello
- Experience the magical lights in Salerno
- Tour of Pompeii
- Explore charming Sorrento
- Panoramic view of Positano
- Day 1 UK - Naples
- We'll depart on our flight to Italy today and transfer to our hotel in Minori. This delightful village on the Amalfi Coast is surrounded by the deep-blue waters of the Mediterranean, a pretty beach and hills dotted with lemon and orange groves. Later, we'll get into the festive spirit when we enjoy a welcome drink before dinner at the hotel.
Lemons grow in abundance on the Amalfi Coast, where year-round mild temperatures, volcanic soil and just the right amount of rain combine to produce fruit with a unique sweetness. These lemons are used to produce the famous limoncello liqueur and we'll sample some after dinner, alongside lemon-flavoured chocolate.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Amalfi Coast & Ravello
- After breakfast we'll drive along the scenic coastline to the picturesque town of Amalfi, which is beautifully situated between the mountains and the sea. Its impressive Romanesque cathedral is said to hold the remains of St Andrew, so maybe ascend the flight of steps and take a peek inside.
Our tour then continues to the clifftop town of Ravello, which is perched high above Amalfi and offers spectacular views. There's free time to look around Ravello at leisure and maybe take in the wonderful gardens of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo.
Back at our hotel, dinner this evening is followed by traditional festive singing and some delicious Christmas pastries.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, Salerno
- After a leisurely morning, we'll gather to enjoy Christmas lunch and then make our way to Salerno. When we arrive, a walking tour will introduce us to the city's historic centre and atmospheric Christmas markets. Then, as darkness falls, we'll see the wonderful Luci D'Artista, the spectacular artists' lights which fill the streets, piazzas and gardens. These works of art usually follow four main themes and are sure to be an enchanting sight.
We'll return to the hotel in time for dinner this evening.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Pompeii & Sorrento
- Pompeii is the Roman town which was frozen in time by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD and on today's tour we'll see its fascinating collection of ruins. As we wander through the streets we'll see villas decorated with frescos and brightly coloured mosaics, and highlights such as the remarkable Roman baths and spectacular amphitheatre.
Sorrento, our next call, is a lively resort set above the Bay of Naples which has long been a haunt of the rich and famous. With free time for lunch and independent exploration, you'll get the chance to see what all the fuss is about!
As we travel back to Minori, we'll stop at La Madonnina for a panoramic view of Positano - a photogenic town poised on towering cliffs.
After time to freshen up, we'll gather as a group and enjoy a farewell dinner tonight.
- Day 5 Naples - UK
- After breakfast, we'll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Villa Romana
- Hotel Villa Romana is a 4- star family run hotel situated on the stunning Amalfi Coast. Located in the small town of Minori which is home to narrow streets, townhouses, bars, cafes and a sea front promenade. Just 200m from the beach and in the heart of the Amalfi Coast, it is great for relaxing and exploring.
As is in the name, it was formerly an ancient Roman Villa, and this is evident through the classic style and comfort of the hotel. They serve delicious Mediterranean cuisine with seasonal and local produce.
Hotel facilities include; swimming pool, American bar, restaurant amd free Wifi throughout the hotel. Bedrooms are classically furnished and equipped with; direct dial telephone, TV mini-bar, air conditioning, hairdryer and safe.
- Pool (usually open May to October)
- Sunbathing terrace
- American pool bar
- Free wi-fi
- Direct dial telephone
- Satellite colour TV
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
Naples- 56.5 km – 1 hour 30 minute drive approx.
Sorrento – 35.7 km- 1 hour 28 minute drive approx.
Amalfi- 3.9 km- 12 minute drive approx.