Christmas On The Algarve & New Year In Andalucia
Top up your vitamin D levels on Portugal's gorgeous southern coast, where the mild winter weather means the chance of Christmas Day in the sun. Then celebrate the New Year in style in Andalucia, discovering pretty whitewashed villages, Picasso's birthplace Malaga and the lovely sandy beaches of Nerja.
Top up your vitamin D levels as you spend Christmas on Portugal’s gorgeous southern coast, then celebrate New Year in beautiful Andalucia.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host & Specialist Local Guides
- Return flights from Gatwick with easyJet
- 10 nights half board in 3 & 4-star hotels
- 20 included meals: 10 breakfasts, 10 dinners including festive Christmas Day dinner, New Year's Eve gala dinner & welcome drink
- Other transportation & porterage
- Visit Silves, Monchique & Foia
- Enjoy a vineyard tour & wine-tasting on Boxing Day
- Walking tour of Alvor
- Discover Sagres & Cabo de São Vicente
- Visit Nerja & Frigiliana
- Guided tour of Malaga & visit to Mijas
- Explore the clifftop town of Ronda
- Day 1 UK - Praia Armação de Perâ
- You'll fly to Faro today and on arrival we'll transfer you to your beachfront hotel in Praia Armação de Perâ, around an hour away. Check in and settle into your room before joining your travelling companions for a welcome drink in the bar. Afterwards, a relaxed dinner together offers the perfect opportunity to get to learn more about each other.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve, Silves, Monchique & Foia
- After breakfast today we'll head off to explore Silves, the region's ancient capital. History is everywhere here, from the looming castle to the pretty white façade of the Gothic cathedral and the ancient town walls. The surrounding landscape is just as impressive, with the Rio Arade cutting through lush green hills. Next, we'll head north to the picture-perfect mountain town of Monchique. Breathe in clean air, drink in panoramic views of the countryside and sample locally made treats like Medronho, a fruit liqueur produced in the nearby hills. The day will draw to a close with dinner together back at the hotel.
- Day 3 Christmas Day, Praia Armação de Perâ
- It's Christmas Day and you've time to relax, so why not enjoy the facilities at your hotel or take a stroll along the coast with your fellow travellers. Later, we'll get together for a wonderful festive meal.
- Day 4 Boxing Day, Vineyards Tour
- Today promises to be one you'll never forget, with the afternoon spent in a peaceful winery perched at the top of Quinta do Miradouro – a breathtaking viewpoint where vineyards and ribbons of sandy coastline stretch out below. There could be no lovelier location for a wine-tasting, so let's indulge! You can share stories of your memorable day over dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 5 Alvor
- The historic fishing town of Alvor, with its port straight from a postcard, will be our destination today. There are lots of different ways to spend your time here, from wandering along the pale sands of Praia de Alvor to spotting wildlife in the marshlands of the Ria de Alvor Nature Reserve. The evening we'll get together at the hotel for another delicious dinner.
- Day 6 Sagres & Cabo de Sao Vicente
- For our final full day in the Algarve we'll be making our way west, where the austerely beautiful landscape offers a complete change of atmosphere. Plenty of photos are likely to be on the agenda today as we explore Sagres, where the rugged cliffs of the Cabo de São Vicente are among the star attractions.
Our farewell dinner tonight will be in a traditional restaurant, where you can enjoy the region's specialties one last time.
- Day 7 Praia Armação de Perâ - Salobreña
- After breakfast, we'll transfer you to the Costa del Sol and to your hotel, which is located close to the Andalucian town of Salobreña. Enjoy a drink with your travelling companions before dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 8 Malaga & Mijas
- This morning we're off to Malaga for a tour of its Old Town and a visit to the Picasso Museum – the celebrated artist was born in the city. Later, we'll head to the whitewashed Andalucian village of Mijas, where the cobbled streets are lined with pretty whitewashed houses decorated with brightly coloured bougainvillea, lavender and jasmine flowers.
- Day 9 New Year's Eve, Frigiliana & Nerja
- It's New Year's Eve and the beautiful hilltop village of Frigiliana, situated in the foothills of the Almijara Mountains, is our first stop on today's included excursion. Easily explored on foot, this picturesque village is a maze of cobbled streets and its historic centre has a distinctively Moorish appearance. Next we'll continue on to Nerja, with its lovely sandy beaches and hidden coves. Once a sleepy fishing village, its old quarter remains virtually unchanged, with narrow, winding streets lined with whitewashed houses. We'll head back to the hotel in plenty of time to get ready for this evening's New Year's Eve gala dinner.
- Day 10 New Year's Day, Ronda
- After last night's festivities, sit back and admire magnificent scenery as we drive to the lovely clifftop town of Ronda. Enjoying a spectacular location on a towering plateau, the town is divided by El Tajo, a precipitous gorge more than 600ft deep. On one side of the gorge stands the old Moorish town of La Ciudad, with the more modern El Mercadillo part of town on the other. El Tajo is spanned by the 18th century Puente Nuevo Bridge, we'll take in the fabulous views from here and look down to the waters of the River Guadalevin below.
- Day 11 Malaga - UK
- Today we'll fly back to the UK.
- Holiday Inn
- Your hotel is in an idyllic spot, sitting right on the beach. Facilities include a bar, restaurant, fitness centre, free Wi-fi and a swimming pool with views of the sand and sea. Guest rooms have private facilities, air-conditioning, satellite TV and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Hotel Salobrena
- Located on a clifftop and offering spectacular views, facilities at your hotel include a restaurant, coffee bar and swimming pool. Guest rooms have private facilities and a TV.