Christmas On Lake Bled
Spend Christmas amongst the beautiful scenery of Lake Bled and take a cruise on its crystal-clear waters. You'll explore the ancient Postojna Caves and head to Slovenia's capital Ljubljana, where you'll visit a wonderfully atmospheric Christmas market. On Christmas Day we include a scenic carriage ride before a festive lunch and an evening of music and dancing.
Spend Christmas amongst the beautiful scenery of Lake Bled, and discover many of Slovenia's other highlights, including the Postojna Caves and its capital Ljubljana.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Stansted with Easyjet
- 7 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 15 meals: 7 breakfasts, Christmas Day lunch, 7 dinners
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You Representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Soak up the scenery on a boat trip across Lake Bled
- Explore the fascinating Postojna Caves
- Experience Lake Bled by night on a torch-lit walk
- Get in the Christmas spirit at Ljubljana's festive market
- Start Christmas Day in style with a carriage ride
- Visit the renowned pilgrim destination of Brezje
- Visit Lake Bohinj & Mount Vogel
- Day 1 UK to Bled
- After flying to Ljubljana we’ll transfer you toBled in Slovenia. Your hotel boasts anideal setting just a short walk from the shores of Lake Bled. After time to settle into your room, get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Lake Bled
- Lake Bled is beautiful, boasting crystal-clear water and a dramatic backdrop of the Julian Alps. We will take in this spectacular scenery from on board a traditional wooden vessel known as a Pletna boat on an included cruise. The rest of the day can be spent at leisure.
- Day 3 Ljubljana
- We're going to discover Slovenia's capital, Ljubljana,on our excursion today. This compact city, with a hilltop castle toweringabove it, boasts a rich culture and fascinating architecture. We'llget into the Christmas spirit as we admire the colourful lights of the lovelyChristmas market laid out along the Ljubljanica River. As you browse thestalls, soak up the festive atmosphere and perhaps pick up some uniquesouvenirs. Later, we'll get another chance to admire the beauty of Lake Bled ona torch-lit walk before we head back to the hotel for dinner.
- Day 4 Postojna Caves
- The Postojna Caves are one of Slovenia's most famous and interesting attractions, and we'll get to see them today. These subterranean caverns have been carved over thousands of years by the Pivka River and consist of fantastic sculpted galleries, chambers and halls featuring incredible stalactites and stalagmites. Our trip today also includes a mini-train journey. Back at the hotel, we'll enjoy a special Christmas Eve dinner accompanied by a performance of traditional Zither music. If you like you can opt to head into Bled to attend Midnight Mass.
- Day 5 CHRISTMAS DAY - Brezje
- A scenic carriage ride is a great way to start Christmas Day, and we'll enjoy this before a festive Christmas lunch at our hotel. Later we're going to visit Brezje, where the Basilica of St Vid houses a painting of Maria, one of Christ's helpers. Our day comes to an end as we watch a performance of the local 'Legend of the Sunken Bell' by the edge of the lake, before enjoying dinner back at our hotel.
- Day 6 BOXING DAY - Piran
- Today is free for you to spend just as you wish. If you want to see more of Slovenia, you can come with us to the elegant and sophisticated walled town of Piran on an optional excursion. Set on the Adriatic Coast, its Venetian Gothic architecture and winding alleyways are delightful to discover.
- Day 7 Bohinj
- Bohinj is Slovenia's largest permanent lake, set amidst the wintry scenery of the Julian Alps. We'll head here today with a Local Guide, admiring its crystal-clear waters before visiting Mount Vogel, where we'll enjoy a thrilling cable-car ride to the top. With the rest of the day at leisure, there's plenty of time to take in views of beautiful Lake Bled one last time. Later we'll head to a nearby restaurant for a farewell dinner of local specialities.
- Day 8 Bled to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport in Ljubljana for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Bled Rose
- Surrounded by mountains, this newly refurbished hotel is situated within a spa park close to Lake Bled. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, fitness centre and spa with indoor pool. Guest rooms feature en suite facilities, TV, safe and balcony.
- Discover beautiful Piran