Christmas In Salzburg
Christmas Holiday in Salzburg Austria for Single Travellers
Spend Christmas in 'The Sound of Music' city Salzburg, where you'll discover a scenic wintry wonderland. You'll visit the stylish Austrian ski resort of Kitzbühel, where a horse-drawn sleigh ride adds a touch of magic to your Christmas Eve, and on Christmas Day you'll see Salzburg's highlights, including the magnificent Hohensalzburg Fortress. An optional trip takes you to Southern Bavaria, and the town of Berchtesgaden, over which sits Hitler's wartime retreat the Eagle's Nest. Salzburg is also famed as the birthplace of the composer Mozart, and an evening of his music in one of Europe's oldest restaurants rounds off this break perfectly.
Incredible scenery, splendid architecture and a festive atmosphere all add up to the perfect Christmas in 'The Sound of Music' city Salzburg.
PLEASE NOTE: Price is per person and based on two people sharing a twin/double room. Single room supplements and upgrades are not included.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Lufthansa
- 4 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners including traditional Christmas dinner with wine and Boxing Day dinner including a concert of Mozart's music
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Discover magnificent palaces & splendid Baroque buildings on a walking tour of Salzburg
- Explore stylish Kitzbühel and head off on a horse-drawn sleigh ride (weather permitting)
- Enjoy a Mozart concert and dinner at St Peter's Cellar, one of Europe's oldest restaurant
- Day 1 UK to Salzburg
- Today you'll fly to Munich, and on arrival we'll transfer you to your hotel, which is located close to the centre of Salzburg. Once you've unpacked you're invited to join your travelling companions for a welcome drink before dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Kitzbühel
- We'll get into the festive spirit today with an included visit to Kitzbühel, one of Austria's most stylish ski resorts. Nestled in the heart of the Kitzbühel Alps, this small medieval town backed by snow-capped mountains is picture-postcard pretty, and we'll enjoy a guided tour here.
If there has been plenty of snow, we'll also enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride, and on Christmas Eve there can be no better way of soaking up the lovely wintry scenery.
- Day 3 Christmas Day Salzburg
- It's Christmas Day and we're going to gather together and set off on a walking tour of Salzburg. Known as 'The Sound of Music' city because of its links with the famous Trapp Family Singers and the famous film linked to their story, it is also the birthplace of the composer Mozart.
One of Europe's best-preserved historic cities, its Old Town has barely changed since the 18th century and a sightseeing highlight is the magnificent Hohensalzburg Fortress. We'll also see splendid palaces and Baroque buildings, Mozart's Square, the twin-towered cathedral and the elegant Mirabell Gardens.
We'll be back to the hotel in plenty of time to get ready for this evening's Christmas dinner.
- Day 4 BOXING DAY Southern Bavaria
- Today an optional excursion takes us to the pretty town of Berchtesgaden in Southern Bavaria, which is surrounded by the towering peaks of the Bavarian Alps. There are plenty of traditional shops and cafes here, as well as a palace and Bavarian beer halls. During the Second World War the town was the HQ for the rulers of the Third Reich, and Hitler's retreat the Eagle's Nest is perched high above the town.
This evening we'll gather together and head to St Peter's Cellar in Salzburg. This is one of Europe's oldest restaurants, and we'll enjoy a concert of Mozart's music and dinner here.
- Day 5 Salzburg to UK
- We'll transfer to Munich airport today for our flight back to the UK.
- Hotel Imlauer & Brau Salzburg
- Your hotel is located close to the centre of Salzburg. Facilities include a restaurant, cafe bar, sauna, fitness room and garden, plus free Wi-fi throughout. Guest rooms feature private facilities, air-conditioning, TV and safe.
- Visit the pretty town of Berchtesgaden in Southern Bavaria